Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2007, 12:00 AM

20,460 posts, read 26,330,678 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredtwo View Post
I live in a development called Diamond Bell Ranch which is south of three points and I absolutely love it out here. Its quiet, peaceful, safe and beautiful scenery. Yes, it takes 20 - 30 min. to get into town but its worth it. Nice homes, reasonable prices all on 1 ac lots, leave your yard on horse or four wheel and ride forever. We have two stores, gas stations, food, hardware etc. all within three miles. It all depends on what you like.

Very pleased to hear from someone actually living in Three Points and to hear their opinion of the place. I know it has bad reputation, but as I mentioned in an earlier post, it struck me that all the numerous online references to the problems all seem to point back to the same original article. Sounds like you really seem to like the area so I'll take that as at least a slight confirmation of the fact Three Points is at least a bit better that it's reputation would indicate.

I for one am interested in anything you may wish to post about the area.

Ken

Old 11-11-2007, 07:45 AM

1 posts, read 3,494 times
Default Internet in Three Points area?

I am in the process of buying a home in the Three Points area. More specifically along Cherokee Lane, which is on the west side of Sierrita Mountain Road.

Does somebody know what choice(s) there are for High Speed Internet?

Thanks

Old 11-11-2007, 09:48 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,162,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
Very pleased to hear from someone actually living in Three Points and to hear their opinion of the place. I know it has bad reputation, but as I mentioned in an earlier post, it struck me that all the numerous online references to the problems all seem to point back to the same original article. Sounds like you really seem to like the area so I'll take that as at least a slight confirmation of the fact Three Points is at least a bit better that it's reputation would indicate.

I for one am interested in anything you may wish to post about the area.

Ken
Well, from what I hear on this forum, apparently there are some nice developments there (haven't seen them), but to me driving by it is depressing ... Granted, my experience is limited to passing it by on the way to Rocky Point.

Old 11-13-2007, 10:49 AM

2 posts, read 6,988 times
Default rental in three points

Quote:
Originally Posted by xwideopenskyx View Post
What are the good/bad points of living in Three Points, AZ (esp. Sierrita Mountain Road area). Would like to see comments from people who live there or are very familiar with the area. Thanks.
is there anything for rent in three points? and are there any schools k-5? i will be moving to to the area in about 2 months from las vegas i have not had time to go look. i want to rent before i buy. i dont know three points , marana? someone please help!

Old 11-13-2007, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny702 View Post
is there anything for rent in three points? and are there any schools k-5? i will be moving to to the area in about 2 months from las vegas i have not had time to go look. i want to rent before i buy. i dont know three points , marana? someone please help!
Take a look at my posts on the first page of this thread and you'll see a link to some photos I took of the Three Points area. Included in those is a picture of the local elementary school.

Marana and Three Points are very different. Though the outlying areas of Marana (ie the north and west sections) sometimes bear some resemblence in regards to it being very rural and having some of the housing being a bit dumpy, the rest of Marana is does not resemble Three Points at all. Marana has been growing very fast and has all kinds of shopping, goods, and services as well as lots of fairly upscale housing.

Three Points is pretty much lanquishing with very little nice housing in the area (though there is some). Growth has been slowing creeping out towards Three Points but currently there is very little shopping available, and little in the way of dining and entertainment choices. If you want to get away from it all, it can be an OK choice - though keep in mind that it has a rather poor reputation in regards to crime. Don't personally know how much of that reputation is deserved however. I tend to think it may be a bit overblown, but really can't say as I know that for sure.

Ken

Old 11-14-2007, 10:30 PM

2 posts, read 6,988 times
[quote=LordBalfor;1986834]Take a look at my posts on the first page of this thread and you'll see a link to some photos I took of the Three Points area. Included in those is a picture of the local elementary school.

Marana and Three Points are very different. Though the outlying areas of Marana (ie the north and west sections) sometimes bear some resemblence in regards to it being very rural and having some of the housing being a bit dumpy, the rest of Marana is does not resemble Three Points at all. Marana has been growing very fast and has all kinds of shopping, goods, and services as well as lots of fairly upscale housing.

Three Points is pretty much lanquishing with very little nice housing in the area (though there is some). Growth has been slowing creeping out towards Three Points but currently there is very little shopping available, and little in the way of dining and entertainment choices. If you want to get away from it all, it can be an OK choice - though keep in mind that it has a rather poor reputation in regards to crime. Don't personally know how much of that reputation is deserved however. I tend to think it may be a bit overblown, but really can't say as I know that for sure.

Ken[/quote
thank you so much for the information.

Old 11-15-2007, 01:58 PM

1,222 posts, read 5,019,535 times
Hey Lord Balfor,

Nice pics. A little off topic, but what kind of camera did you use?

Old 11-15-2007, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdtoaz View Post
Hey Lord Balfor,

Nice pics. A little off topic, but what kind of camera did you use?
Thanks.

Well, the Arizona photos were taken with digital Konica (KD-500z) - bought back in 2003. It's tiny (I only buy small cameras that can fit in my breast pocket and not "bog me down") and takes nice photos, but overall I don't really like it. Physically it's a piece of junk - very temperamental (locks up often, slow to process the photos into memory, slow to focus) but once you manage to take your photo, it's usually pretty good. I'm seriously thinking about getting something else though. All albums from 2003 onwards were done with this camera (except for the underwater shots of course).

The photos of the tropics taken back in 2000-2002 were taken with an old Canon Elph (actually one of 2 different Elph's) - again small enough to fit in my breast pocket. Those used APS (Advanced Photo System) film. VERY nice little cameras, but a pain to have the film developed.

Ken

PS - My newest album is a collection on my favorites from the last 7 years, including shots of Bora Bora, Hawaii and a few other tropical locals (as well as the Arizona shots (Sedona, etc)). If you're interested, here's a link:

My Personal Favorites pictures from travel photos on webshots

Old 11-16-2007, 11:51 AM

1,222 posts, read 5,019,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
Thanks.

The photos of the tropics taken back in 2000-2002 were taken with an old Canon Elph (actually one of 2 different Elph's) - again small enough to fit in my breast pocket. Those used APS (Advanced Photo System) film. VERY nice little cameras, but a pain to have the film developed.

Ken
I used to have an Elph and I absolutely loved it!!! Unfortunately, my sister borrowed it for a vacation and dropped it in the sand. When she went to have it repaired, the store lost it.
I have a 35mm Nikon now, which is nice, but I still liked the elph for the size.

Old 11-16-2007, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdtoaz View Post
I used to have an Elph and I absolutely loved it!!! Unfortunately, my sister borrowed it for a vacation and dropped it in the sand. When she went to have it repaired, the store lost it.
I have a 35mm Nikon now, which is nice, but I still liked the elph for the size.
Yeah, of all the cameras I've ever owned, my trusty original ELPH was the one I've liked the best.

That's one great little piece of equipment.

Ken
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson