Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2013, 06:59 PM

299 posts, read 545,795 times

Advertisements

I have very keen hearing, noise is a torture treatment for me. At 18 yo I was tested for telephone operator-- dr said "you must hear like a dog". Was told I pick up sharp sounds (? your guitar) over dull sounds (human voices). Your neighbor might have keener hearing than you, so you would not know what he is hearing. I heard a very low noise when driving my husband's car 20 years ago. Told him it sounded like something going round, right rear. He could not hear it so of course nothing is wrong. Two weeks later he found out his right brake drum (hope I got it right) was scored. Another incident-- We had been traveling cross country through the night. I heard a faint noise in front of the car. I told my husband I hear something, like 'tick, tick, tick". Because he heard nothing, again I was wrong. The noise kept getting louder, so to humor me he pulled over. Yep, oil stick said empty-- took 4 qts.

Also, when renting apts, I always targetted solid block apt buildings, not the flimsy multi-story buildings. Next time you move, you might look around for a brick/block duplex too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2013, 09:10 AM

2 posts, read 2,107 times
You might want to ask landlord for another apartment in the same complex so that you don't lose your deposit or apartment agreement. Just tell your landlord what is going on and why you would like to move away from this guy and the landlord might be understanding if this guy has done this in the past. It sounds like it and you might just be one of many that have complained. As for sound the dead line for loud sounds is 10 pm to 6 am if it is not loud then you under your rights. You always don't want anything to do with crazy keep away. No matter how nice or calm crazy will see that as your weakness and they will use that against you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
View detailed profiles of: