Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2007, 08:16 AM

39 posts, read 159,494 times

Advertisements

Anyone know much about the place? Are there decent apartments, houses to rent for a single, 28-year old, male? Looking at Casa Grande or Marana as possibilities to live in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2007, 08:35 AM

20,460 posts, read 26,319,675 times
Marana is an "up and coming" place with big plans. It covers a pretty large area, most of it (especially out towards the Avra Valley) pretty empty (currently agricultural or fallow) and from what I understand has designs on even more territory. Currently there is a lot of development going on in the very southernmost parts of their territory - specifically down along the freeway by Cortaro Road, where big new shopping centers have gone in along with a multitude of houses (don't specifically remember seeing apartments).

Ken

Old 08-16-2007, 10:31 AM

529 posts, read 2,393,361 times
As Ken said, Marana is a fast-growing community. I live out in Gladden Farms (subdivision west of I-10 between Tangerine/Marana exits) and there is a lot of new construction going on all around that area (on both sides of the freeway).

In terms of rentals, I would definitely look at Gladden Farms/Rancho Marana for home rentals.

For something closer to town, there are a couple apartment complexes west of I-10 on Cortaro Road: The Springs at Silverbell and The Springs at Continental Ranch.

There are also many homes for rent in Continental Ranch.

Old 08-16-2007, 11:22 AM

What's being built? Any stores like Target, Home Depot, etc., malls, restaurants, theaters? I will be making a visit to the area when I am in AZ next week.

Old 08-16-2007, 11:52 AM

20,460 posts, read 26,319,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigander in AZ View Post
What's being built? Any stores like Target, Home Depot, etc., malls, restaurants, theaters? I will be making a visit to the area when I am in AZ next week.
Yeah, there are number of large stores that have just gone up. I remember a Wal-Mart and a Kohls, but there were some other stores as well. I know the area near the freeway and Cortaro Road is slated for it's first movie house. It was supposed to be ready sometime this year, but the start of construction has been delayed. Not sure what the latest news about it is - but it's certain to be built eventually (I would think).

There is also a Costco and Home Depot just south of Ina Road on the east side of the freeway. Not sure where the exact city limits of Marana end and Tucson's begin in this area, but it definitely in the Marana "area". Heading east along Ina Road you'll find lots of stores and shopping centers - including the Foothills Mall (with a multi-plex movie house). I think a lot of these are actually in Tucson but again, they are close to south Marana. The northern area of Marana is not yet "developed" and is still largely farmland or vacant.

Ken

Old 08-16-2007, 12:20 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,134,698 times
There is something exciting as far as shopping going out there - Shops at Tangerine, by my favorite Westcor - WESTCOR® - New Developments – Phoenix 20-20 . Hope they build more in Tucson.

Old 08-16-2007, 12:55 PM

529 posts, read 2,393,361 times
West of I-10 on Cortaro Road is Arizona Pavilions, a shopping center that has been built up quickly over the past few years. Wal-Mart and Kohl's are the anchor stores, and construction on url removed (or Tower Theatres, not completely sure what it will be called yet) is well underway and slated to be completed this fall. Chili's opened up several months ago as did a Panda Express, and the new In-N-Out Burger is currently under construction.

As sierraAZ mentioned, the Shops at Tangerine will be be pretty nice when they finish it. Currently Tangerine road west of I-10 is being re-aligned and widened to 4 lanes with a large median, and construction should be done by next Spring. There will also be a Fry's shopping center at Tangerine/Lon Adams next Spring.

One of the more exciting projects for the future is the url removed shopping center. Estimated to have roughly 100 stores, Marana Spectrum will carry 3 “anchor stores” of at least 100,000 sqft, making the total square footage approximately equal to that of the Tucson Mall. But all of that is at least 2-3 years away!

Last edited by Marka; 08-18-2007 at 04:03 AM..

Old 08-16-2007, 01:25 PM

hmmmm. Casa Grande or Marana? Guess I'll have to check both out next week.

Old 08-16-2007, 03:54 PM

9,599 posts, read 31,685,641 times
Quote:
hmmmm. Casa Grande or Marana? Guess I'll have to check both out next week.
Personally, Michigander . . . I'D PICK MARANA!

Although both of your options are basically "bedroom communities" . . . Marana has a little more to offer as well as a close proximity to Tucson.

Also, as a single male, you will feel a little less "isolated" in Marana!

Old 08-16-2007, 05:04 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,134,698 times
Quote:
Anyone know much about the place? Are there decent apartments, houses to rent for a single, 28-year old, male? Looking at Casa Grande or Marana as possibilities to live in.
Well, I don't quite get it... Marana pretty much IS Tucson. So, if you're gonna live in Tucson, why would you insist on Marana...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson