Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2007, 08:32 PM

412 posts, read 1,752,095 times

Advertisements

If you have a problem with I-10, what's your post doing on the Tucson forum...?! I-10 runs across the continent from CA to FL last time I checked. It only happens to go by Tucson.

Becaues when I go through Tucson the drivers are the worst. I have had many people from outside states agree with me on this that have driven through, I just want some one to answer my question. is there some law or something in that regard that says you cannot switch lanes some thing along those lines
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2007, 08:46 PM

9,601 posts, read 31,704,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaipur View Post
If you have a problem with I-10, what's your post doing on the Tucson forum...?! I-10 runs across the continent from CA to FL last time I checked. It only happens to go by Tucson.

Becaues when I go through Tucson the drivers are the worst. I have had many people from outside states agree with me on this that have driven through, I just want some one to answer my question. is there some law or something in that regard that says you cannot switch lanes some thing along those lines
NO LAW that I know of, Jaipur.

by the way, just be thankful you weren't driving through here a few years ago when the ONLY interchange for miles (I-10 to I-19) was under construction. It is a "piece of cake" by comparison.

Old 11-11-2007, 09:35 PM

2,441 posts, read 7,010,497 times
Yep, the way people drive in this state makes it seem like Ray Charles is alive and driving in Arizona.

Never have I lived in a place where it was acceptable for people to make left turns from the right lane.

Oh well.

Old 11-13-2007, 11:27 AM

1,222 posts, read 5,019,909 times
Quote:
Don't think that's a law - it would be kind of a silly one. I think it's just bad driving. But, unfortunately bad driving is everywhere. Some cities are better and some are worse.

I don't think Tucson's that hateful, but I don't use I-10 too much either. I'm used to driving on 95 b/t Baltimore ane Washington as well as the Capital Beltway. You wanna talk bad driving? People use exit ramp lanes to pass other traffic and cause wrecks when nobody wants to let them back in.

While driving across the country to move out here, I found Missouri to have the worst drivers hands down. But, like I said, they're everywhere. You either deal or maybe re-route so you don't have to bob and weave your way through the worst stretch of I-10.

Old 11-14-2007, 04:20 PM

5 posts, read 21,628 times
None of my business really, but I spent 10 days holiday in and around around Tucson last September (07) and absolutely loved it. If you think you've got congested traffic or bad drivers, try moving to the UK.

Old 11-14-2007, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deltawiskey View Post
None of my business really, but I spent 10 days holiday in and around around Tucson last September (07) and absolutely loved it. If you think you've got congested traffic or bad drivers, try moving to the UK.
LOL @ Deltawiskey . . . that far isn't necessary. Try driving in Los Angeles! ! ! ! !

Old 11-14-2007, 06:10 PM

1 posts, read 3,914 times
Default Tucson drivers ARE horrible!

Quote:
I drive from Austin-Los Angles area regularly and passing through Tuscon on I-10 every time I have noticed the drivers in Tuscon are HORRID! If you try to switch lanes people speed up and box you in and every one stays in a line while they are driving which causes every one to go so slow. Is it illegal to switch lanes here or some thing??!!
I agree! My wife and I live here part time and in Northern California most of the time. We drive through LA and San Francisco, and on Hwy 5 and drivers are never as rude as they are here!!! Try to change lanes and people WILL try to box you in, flip you the finger, just plain rude....

Besides that I love living here <G>

Alan

Old 11-16-2007, 08:40 PM
CTC

668 posts, read 1,467,122 times
I resided in Tucson for 4 months (last summer)..and commuted every day from Marana to Sahaurita (sp?)..I thought the drivers were very mellow and courteous..especially considering all of the construction. Another plus for wonderful Tucson

My real issue with driving and traffic in AZ however pertains to the whole state of AZ. The issue is that people will camp out in the left hand lane on the interstates and will not get over for traffic which is moving faster than they are. This leads to motorists passing on the right and weaving in and out of traffic and creating unsafe situations...In CO it is the law that the left hand lane is for passing only. Once you pass,you get over.But I guess that is not the case in AZ...

Old 11-16-2007, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTC View Post
My real issue with driving and traffic in AZ however pertains to the whole state of AZ. The issue is that people will camp out in the left hand lane on the interstates and will not get over for traffic which is moving faster than they are. This leads to motorists passing on the right and weaving in and out of traffic and creating unsafe situations...In CO it is the law that the left hand lane is for passing only. Once you pass,you get over.But I guess that is not the case in AZ...
Those goons have a name, CTC . . .

SELF-APPOINTED PACE CAR DRIVERS!

Old 05-21-2008, 04:34 PM

105 posts, read 682,645 times
OK....so I hate to be the typical California stereotypical angry driver...but I think I am! I've been here for three months now...I have no other complaints about Tucson..I LOVE the area I live in ...I LOVE my job...and the people have all been really nice. But the way people drive...I want to pull out my hair!! 20mph in a 45mph zone. I speed up to pass only to get boxed in. Or complete opposite I'm going 80 in a 75 ..in the center lane...there's plenty of room for someone to pass me in the fast lane..but I'm getting the finger! and tailgated! What gives?! Is it my Cali plates? Is everyone driving around high?? People spacing out through entire green arrows....stopping on freeway onramps....*sigh*...thanks...I really needed to vent all that. I'm done now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson