Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2014, 12:36 PM

3,610 posts, read 1,206,410 times

Advertisements

Re-reading the OP's post, it seems like they want quality furniture for cheap. In that case, used/consigned is the way to go. Maybe check out Annabelle's Attic on East Speedway or Tom's on East Pima/Craycroft. If you go to Annabelle's, however, be careful. Some of the stuff they sell is new Chinese crap meant to look older.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2014, 03:20 PM

16,394 posts, read 30,292,455 times
In Green Valley, there is a consignment shop connected with the LaPosada community that sells upscale furniture. It is NOT cheap.

The other thrifts in this area - White Elephant and the Animal League have furniture, but most of it is so-so. The good stuff is grabbed immediately.

=============================

I was in a furniture store in May in Milwaukee. This guy comes in, looks around and starts screaming that he doesn't want the cheap Chinese stuff. The store was 94% US, 5% Canada, and 1% Chinese (for some hardware that they could not find locally).

Generally, the people screaming loudest are the ones who are not willing to dig deeper in their pockets for good furniture.

Old 08-01-2014, 01:59 PM

2,672 posts, read 2,718,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tumamoc View Post
Re-reading the OP's post, it seems like they want quality furniture for cheap. In that case, used/consigned is the way to go. Maybe check out Annabelle's Attic on East Speedway or Tom's on East Pima/Craycroft. If you go to Annabelle's, however, be careful. Some of the stuff they sell is new Chinese crap meant to look older.
Another good store is the Miracle Center Thrift shop on Pima. We ended up furnishing our home with a combination of craigslist, estate sales, and thrift shops. There is quite a bit of really high quality furninshings at estate sales. My best score other than Craigslist was at the Miracle Thrift Shop.

Old 08-01-2014, 11:25 PM

8,869 posts, read 16,323,563 times
"The Girls" Estate Sale Professionals are also a good source of used goods in Tucson. The company usually runs two sales a week and the stuff that doesn't sell goes to a store they operate at 3728 E. Grant Road. They preview each week's sales on their website so you can get an idea what's on offer (and you can read their detailed ground rules there, too). Because these are really estate sales (and not just tag sales), the furniture in many of the houses tends to Granny-style.

But the sales are a GREAT source of things like used electronics (often including barely used computers and peripherals), garden equipment, sports equipment, patio furniture, barbecue grills, power and household tools, bookcases, file cabinets, anything to outfit a kitchen, holiday decorations, etc. Needless to say, you'll also find plenty of traditional china, crystal, and flatware on sale for a bargain. You can't give that stuff away these days. But it's an especially great source of practical items like shovels, saws, buckets, small appliances, office supplies, etc. No need to pay retail prices. You'll even see a car for sale on occasion, too. If the home owner was a hobbyist, that's a jackpot for certain people. This week one of the sales has hundreds of model cars in their original boxes. Obviously a well-cared for collection by someone who had no survivor to claim the treasure trove.

The Girls Estate Sales Professionals | Tucson, AZ

Old 08-02-2014, 10:32 PM

9,537 posts, read 16,525,000 times
I just bought furniture at Levitz on Pantano, I think it is. I got some excellent buys, and the furniture meets my needs and budget. I can understand though, that Levitz wouldn't appeal to everyone. I never could find that Country Home furniture store using my GPS. It keep telling me the address was on my right, but I never saw the store. Does it have a sign?

Old 08-03-2014, 01:17 PM

134 posts, read 158,479 times
Wow, Jukesgrrl, thanks for sharing 'The Girls' Estate Sales! That's a real find.

Old 08-03-2014, 08:24 PM

439 posts, read 959,914 times
Default Great Info for Furniture

Forum..thank you so much for all these wonderful ideas. I would of had no clue.

I do not find paying up for some decent stuff however not gonna pay good money for crap from China. We actually do not need to much however I would like to have a rich unique vibe for my downstairs great room.

So move in is tomorrow than it is off to discover some of these places.

Wish me luck

Old 09-03-2014, 06:19 PM

59 posts, read 147,820 times
Annabell's on Speedway has some great pieces and variety of all ages of furniture, chairs, tables, end tables, wardrobes, dressers, linens, sectionals, recliners, bed frames, night stands, kitchen cookware, dishes and decor stuffed into their store. I go there just to look around for the fun of it. Unique pieces.
Tom's Fine Furniture has some great treasures as well.
Home Style Galleries has two locations and surely you can find something you need to fill that living room, kitchen, study, dining room or bedroom.

Old 09-04-2014, 12:49 PM

1,168 posts, read 2,399,145 times
I know I'm coming "late to the party" with this answer, but I just faced the same thing, having moved to Tucson from Ohio. There is definitely a dearth of furniture stores in Tucson, but I managed to find a couple with quality furniture at reasonable prices.

Avoid the likes of Circus Furniture or Sam Levitz, unless you are looking for tacky, inexpensive stuff. Then they are your place.

I needed everything for a living room, and I went to La-Z-Boy on Ina (while they were having their 25% off sale) and to Oak And More on Grant. They won't break the bank, and you'll get decent quality.

I also considered Bassett, but I would have had to special order with a 4-6 week lead time. That's a bit much when you're sitting on lawn chairs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson