Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2014, 09:21 AM

439 posts, read 960,139 times

Advertisements

Morning Forum..

We are desperately seeking to outfit our new Eagle Crest Ranch home with some new furniture.

Issue is we do not want the China crap there selling in the local retail stores. Staying temporarily in Casa Grande I have been out looking at the usual suspects and see the same thing over and over. Looks good in the store, nice sales folks however I go home and check out their reputations, quality etc..and my ideas go up in smoke. One reviewer stated most of the furniture comes over from China in shipping containers, is relabeled in USA and sold, no quality inspected at all. Even a really good name brand store..that an actress we all know recommends has a big rap sheet for shoddy stuff.

I do not mind resell items..been seeing some unique items here at the Salvation Army!

Does anyone have any suggestions for places to look in? Craig's list was suggested however items seem to look familiar to what I see in the retail store. Probably know why there are selling
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2014, 11:01 AM

833 posts, read 1,713,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudydog1 View Post
Issue is we do not want the China crap there selling in the local retail stores. Staying temporarily in Casa Grande I have been out looking at the usual suspects and see the same thing over and over. Looks good in the store, nice sales folks however I go home and check out their reputations, quality etc..and my ideas go up in smoke. One reviewer stated most of the furniture comes over from China in shipping containers, is relabeled in USA and sold, no quality inspected at all. Even a really good name brand store..that an actress we all know recommends has a big rap sheet for shoddy stuff.
There are at least two threads in here that talk about furniture, search for them and you will get some good info.

To be honest, given your criteria, you will have very few choices and may have to head North to Phoenix. I am not sure if Lay-Z-Boy is still made in the US, but most furniture from the big national brands is made in China; their crap level will vary.

Old 07-29-2014, 11:12 AM

9,601 posts, read 31,710,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudydog1 View Post
Morning Forum..

We are desperately seeking to outfit our new Eagle Crest Ranch home with some new furniture.
Good question, Rudydog . . . I've been impressed with Home Style Galleries on the Northwest corner of Ina Road at Shannon. I believe they also have another shop on the Eastside.

They carry both "high end" consignments as well as some outlet / discontinued furniture.

Give them a shot . . .

Old 07-29-2014, 02:16 PM

3,610 posts, read 1,206,547 times
Try Baker Furniture on East Grant Road.

Old 07-29-2014, 03:48 PM

3,608 posts, read 7,927,255 times
> Try Baker Furniture on East Grant Road.

I was gonna say Baker. Beautiful stuff- OP should see if he can wants this good.

Old 07-29-2014, 04:00 PM

3,610 posts, read 1,206,547 times
Baker's is a little on the pricey side, however. There are also some other high end places on Fort Lowell/Dodge area--Copenhagen, etc.

Old 07-29-2014, 05:29 PM

299 posts, read 546,004 times
I bought a new Lazy Boy recliner in 2009. Before ordering I wrote LZ headquarters (whatever it is called). Was told there is no formaldehyde used in the tanning process and that the model recliner I chose was made in CA but the leather was from China.

Old 07-30-2014, 03:12 PM

344 posts, read 551,407 times
Some people here just buy cheap Mexican furniture because the climate here can cause cracking and splitting of "nice" furniture when brought here. You can buy all new stuff to refresh every so often for not so much.

Old 07-30-2014, 03:52 PM

461 posts, read 1,314,629 times
Stay away from Sam Levitz and Ashley Furniture. It's junk. And if you do go, check the bottom of the couch cushions prior to purchase. Most do not have fabric on the bottom....just a Velcro strip to hold them in place. Lazy Boy has better quality than both. I also like Country Home Furniture on Broadway. He carries nice, American made items and can order what you want. Good luck.

Old 07-31-2014, 02:35 AM

8,869 posts, read 16,325,211 times
Jonathan Louis is a family-owned business in Gardena, California, that makes upholstered furniture. It's decent quality for a mid-range price. They don't have a million different styles but what they have is attractively designed in a transitional style. When I sold furniture for American Home we carried their line and it sold well. It's now carried in Tucson by Macy's and Sam Levitz. I'm no huge fan of Levitz, but not everything they carry is made in China. Same with Ashley. Badmouth it if you don't like it, but much of it is made in their factory in Arcadia, Wisconsin.
Jonathan Louis Furniture

Bassett Furniture has an outlet on Thornydale Road (near Orange Grove) in Marana. Much of their furniture is made in their factories in the U.S. You can tell what is what because the warranties on their Made in the USA stuff is different than their imported merchandise and they're open about it. You can also see videos of them manufacturing furniture on their website.
Quality Matters - Bassett Furniture

It's incorrect to think that all furniture sold today is made in China. This Made in the USA directory gives at least a partial list of companies manufacturing furniture made in this country.
Living Room Furniture "Made in USA" - The New Status Symbol

For online bargains, Overstock.com gathers together all its Made in the USA furniture, bedding, office items, and home accessory products on a single website.
Made in USA Furniture | Overstock.com Shopping - Great Deals on Furniture
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson