Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-02-2013, 04:57 PM

3 posts, read 9,379 times

Advertisements

I recently moved to marana zip 85653. There is a large vacant lot at lon adams and tangerrine for frys market place. Is there any info on construction getting started? Great place to live but needs food store.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2013, 05:09 PM

8,869 posts, read 16,311,226 times
If your choices now are Tangerine/Thornydale or Cortaro/Silverbell, I guess that would be a good place to put a Fry's. I hope that project doesn't remain in limbo as long as the "shopping center" that has been advertised on the west side frontage road just north of Tangerine. That's been a cotton field with a "coming soon" sign on it for at least three years.

Old 09-07-2013, 04:36 PM

713 posts, read 1,460,753 times
the gladden farms area reminds me somewhat of red rock. builders say they build communities when in fact what they do here is pillage the land and dont finish their "communities". i would say that really sucks if there are no food places in this area. do you drive over to frys on tang/thorny or maybe safeway on twin peaks?

but hey, call town of marana and ask for permitting dept, then ask them what is going on w/ the lot you speak of, etc.

Old 03-29-2016, 09:40 AM

1 posts, read 1,485 times
I have lived in Gladden Farms for 8 years due to the fact that I bought in 2007, the economy tanked and I was stuck here until I finally sold my home this year at a loss.

I am moving back to civilization and a social life. Living here has not been a pleasant experience. Too far from amenities, dusty and too many rentals. They were suppose to build a Fry's here. That was over 10 years ago.

PS I am a single woman over 55.

Old 03-29-2016, 11:23 AM

88 posts, read 130,816 times
I always find these interesting to see what's happening in the area:
Reports

ETA: That link goes to the town of Marana's monthly executive reports. It's root link is on the maranaaz dot gov site. (Just so you're not clicking blindly.)

Old 03-30-2016, 01:09 PM

1 posts, read 1,392 times
Fry's owns the land. Fry's was going to put up a store. Then the economy tanked. All future development on the lot would require that the other 2 stores mentioned would not lose customers. Basically there is not the population base to build this store here. Not that they won't, just not now.

The other post regarding a development at I-10 and Tangerine, that's been a cotton field for 95 years. Weststar?? pulled out in 2008 and the entire plan stopped there for the total development on BOTH sides of I-10 and tangerine.

Nobody can control the economy and development cannot happen without positive economy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson