Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2016, 03:49 PM

4,235 posts, read 14,059,721 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARIZanon View Post
I could have sworn that I've seen the steamy boiling vats for bagel-making at the Brueggers on N. Campbell. Were my eyes deceiving me? That was a year or two ago. I had the distinct impression that they were made on premises.

Anyway, I wish you good luck on your sacred quest, TwoWheelMan!
yes, the steamy vats are still there, but I think the bagels arrive there frozen from "headquarters" and are then steamed/cooked in those vats visible thru that window.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2016, 08:01 PM

16,393 posts, read 30,270,786 times
In many markets, they make them overnight in a central location and deliver them to the local stores.

I don't think that there is a great demand for bagels in Tucson
and the ones that are available at the chains - bagel stores or bread stores - are marginally better than the fresh supermarket bagels at nearly twice the price.

Old 12-24-2016, 03:01 PM

4 posts, read 1,970 times
Being originally from New York/New Jersey, The Bagel Joint on Oracle and Ina is the best bagel place in Tucson. The owner is from Boston and the bagels are the closest you will get if you want a New York bagel. His prices are great, a Boston dozen(14 bagels) is $10.00. The place also has bagel sandwiches, like Brueggers has.

Old 12-25-2016, 08:47 AM

346 posts, read 613,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zona90 View Post
Being originally from New York/New Jersey, The Bagel Joint on Oracle and Ina is the best bagel place in Tucson. The owner is from Boston and the bagels are the closest you will get if you want a New York bagel. His prices are great, a Boston dozen(14 bagels) is $10.00. The place also has bagel sandwiches, like Brueggers has.
Thanks...I have grown up with NY and NJ bagels too...I'll be sure to make the trip there...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson