Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-05-2007, 04:05 PM

1 posts, read 3,814 times

Advertisements

I'm looking into moving to Tucson from NJ, but I have to do my apartment-searching via the internet (nerve-wracking!) Is anyone familiar with Orange Blossom Apartments on Alvernon Way, and if so, can you tell me what you know? Particularly what the neighborhood is like. I'm hearing that Tucson isn't exactly the safest city, so I'm expecting that, but I'd still rather not end up in an area where I'm worrying about getting shot everyday
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2007, 09:57 PM

164 posts, read 845,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alien_yosoy View Post
I'm looking into moving to Tucson from NJ, but I have to do my apartment-searching via the internet (nerve-wracking!) Is anyone familiar with Orange Blossom Apartments on Alvernon Way, and if so, can you tell me what you know? Particularly what the neighborhood is like. I'm hearing that Tucson isn't exactly the safest city, so I'm expecting that, but I'd still rather not end up in an area where I'm worrying about getting shot everyday
Stay away from the south and youll be fine. this is what everyone says on the forum. Get a place to live by your job or fairly close it will be easier on you and others because theres only one highway so traffic is an issue there. good luck.....talk to a realtor, they will help you find something nice.

Old 02-29-2008, 12:51 AM

1 posts, read 3,733 times
Smile Orange Blossom Apartments - good place to live

This probably comes about 8 months too late since you posted so long ago, but I really like the apartments and the management at Orange Blossom Apartments.

They've been really accommodating to me and they have put so much effort into renovating the whole. I'm getting ready to move on, since I'd like a place that's a little bigger than the units they have, but it's been great while I've lived here. I've always felt like they cared.

There are some questionable neighborhoods in Tucson. Like the previous poster said, the south side is not a great place, but Central Tucson (where Orange Blossom is) is gentrifying. It's urban, but nice and comfortable.

Old 02-29-2008, 09:03 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,170,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cryptoglyph View Post
This probably comes about 8 months too late since you posted so long ago, but I really like the apartments and the management at Orange Blossom Apartments.

They've been really accommodating to me and they have put so much effort into renovating the whole. I'm getting ready to move on, since I'd like a place that's a little bigger than the units they have, but it's been great while I've lived here. I've always felt like they cared.

There are some questionable neighborhoods in Tucson. Like the previous poster said, the south side is not a great place, but Central Tucson (where Orange Blossom is) is gentrifying. It's urban, but nice and comfortable.
I've got the feeling the name of this complex has been recently changed as it often happens so that future renters can't keep track of the bad reviews. What's the previous name?

Old 02-29-2008, 10:26 AM

529 posts, read 2,394,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
I've got the feeling the name of this complex has been recently changed as it often happens so that future renters can't keep track of the bad reviews. What's the previous name?
El Centro Apartments (http://www.costar.com/FreeSearch/Detail/Detail.aspx?p=E9EF4540135697AE48FE95FA33EF60F5 - broken link). Not sure when the name change occurred though.

I looked up both "El Centro" and "Orange Blossom" on the AZ Corporation Commission website and couldn't find any legal entities that pertained to these properties (or dates established).

Old 02-29-2008, 10:52 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,170,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michael krotchie View Post
El Centro Apartments (http://www.costar.com/FreeSearch/Detail/Detail.aspx?p=E9EF4540135697AE48FE95FA33EF60F5 - broken link). Not sure when the name change occurred though.

I looked up both "El Centro" and "Orange Blossom" on the AZ Corporation Commission website and couldn't find any legal entities that pertained to these properties (or dates established).
Apparently they became even more sneaky and remove the old names from the ratings: Apartment Ratings :: The leading source of apartment reviews by renters for renters.. You can't find it here.

Old 03-17-2008, 02:40 AM

24 posts, read 122,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Apparently they became even more sneaky and remove the old names from the ratings: Apartment Ratings :: The leading source of apartment reviews by renters for renters.. You can't find it here.
Have you considered that maybe they changed the name because the old name was terrible? Orange Blossom sounds much nicer, IMO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
View detailed profiles of: