Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2021, 09:30 PM

1,388 posts, read 1,860,401 times

Advertisements

It was a real treat to see the injured javelina along with the squadron. Many times when I see him, he is alone because he cannot keep up with the group. As I mentioned, these guys were here from around 10 am to about 4:30 pm. They have been sleeping in the shade under the eaves of our house since we moved here 7 years ago. In fact even earlier, because my wife visited the house when we were looking to buy with a realtor, and came back later on her own, and was very surprised when she got out of the car to walk around the house and the javelina got up! She did not know what they were, but later, she saw a post card at the Pecan store with one on it, and learned about javelina! Anyway, I hope you enjoy the video!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uf7XSUSAsk
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2021, 12:37 PM

2,841 posts, read 3,196,814 times
I feel sorry for the injured one. Did you ever contact anyone who can care for wildlife to see if he could be helped?

Old 06-28-2021, 02:20 PM

810 posts, read 870,662 times
This is just the sweetest, comfy naptime you have at your house! Really glad to see the injured one lay down to nap as part of the group (it looks good and stout despite the compromised leg). Very peaceful resting - makes me want to take a nap. Thank you, Bart, for another glimpse into the lives of your local javelina squadron.

Old 06-28-2021, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windwalker2 View Post
I feel sorry for the injured one. Did you ever contact anyone who can care for wildlife to see if he could be helped?
I have called Tucson Wildlife Center, and there are two issues. They have to come from Tucson, so by the time they could get here, the javelina would leave. The second issue is that if they could dart him and get him back to the Center, if they could not help him, they would euthanize him. He seems to have adapted to his disability pretty well. Please see this video titled " If you think you can outrun a three legged Javelina, you are wrong! 02072020" at
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LB_YbmlIQ-c&t=6s and you will see what I mean. I have been told that he has sired at least two set of twins while in this condition. Sometimes, as difficult as it may be, the best course of action is to do nothing and let nature take it's course. I fully agree that the Tucson Wildlife Center is an excellent organization, and I have contacted them previously regarding an injured dove. and they were great to work with.

Old 06-28-2021, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildflowers27 View Post
This is just the sweetest, comfy naptime you have at your house! Really glad to see the injured one lay down to nap as part of the group (it looks good and stout despite the compromised leg). Very peaceful resting - makes me want to take a nap. Thank you, Bart, for another glimpse into the lives of your local javelina squadron.
Oh my wildflowers27! Now I am feeling sleepy with all this talk of naps! ;-) Yes, this javelina does look good barring the bad leg. I guess this is why God gave then four legs, right! I too am happy that he was included in the nap time with the rest of the squadron. Thank you for watching and your nice comment!!!

Old 07-03-2021, 02:45 PM

10,300 posts, read 6,827,619 times
Might as well put a coupla bowls of water our for them. Think of them as guard javelina. Urbanites that come to burgle and pillage might want to change occupations if met by a squadron...

Old 07-03-2021, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NORTY FLATZ View Post
Might as well put a coupla bowls of water our for them. Think of them as guard javelina. Urbanites that come to burgle and pillage might want to change occupations if met by a squadron...
You make a very good point NORTY FLATZ! I think I just added to my home security system at no extra cost!!!

Old 07-03-2021, 06:06 PM

7,940 posts, read 9,492,443 times
The javelina group look so peaceful when they're sleeping. Thanks again for this interesting video, Bart!

Old 07-04-2021, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkotronics View Post
The javelina group look so peaceful when they're sleeping. Thanks again for this interesting video, Bart!
Glad you found it interesting elkotronics! Yeah, they are actually kind of cute when they are sleeping!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
View detailed profiles of: