Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-28-2006, 03:48 PM

3 posts, read 23,157 times

Advertisements

Ok, I have lived here on the southeast side all my life. It seems that there is nothing fun left here to do all day. I have already hiked and explored the surrounding deserts, I've been to Park Place way too many times, the Drive-In movies are always fun, but there doesnt seem to be any other way to spend the day. Any Suggestions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2006, 08:42 PM

4 posts, read 36,651 times
? If I remember right, there was a nice restuaraunt called the Claim Jumper somewhere downtown. I'd suggest that place.

Old 09-27-2006, 07:49 PM

12 posts, read 37,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrandi View Post
Ok, I have lived here on the southeast side all my life. It seems that there is nothing fun left here to do all day. I have already hiked and explored the surrounding deserts, I've been to Park Place way too many times, the Drive-In movies are always fun, but there doesnt seem to be any other way to spend the day. Any Suggestions?
Have you tried, Laffs, a comedy club in downtown Tucson? I went there several times.
What about the Arizona Rose Theatre. They did a musical in the Spring of 2005 called Tombstone, the musical.
There are many organizations, from book clubs to other clubs to join. Are you active in church? I"m sure there are many people who need volunteers to assist in one thing or another.
One thing I liked about Tucson was the number of things to do out there.
Check out the local papers. I"m sure you'll find activities.

Old 09-28-2006, 11:01 AM

211 posts, read 641,267 times
I hear there are generally a good number of car enthusiasts cruising "Speedway" in the evenings. Not sure if that's your scene, but it's about all I know about Tucson. :shrug

Old 11-12-2006, 05:23 PM

218 posts, read 1,487,181 times
Do a search on Tucson at www.associatedcontent.com
Lots of great ideas by lots of great columnists!
Then go have FUN!

Old 01-01-2007, 12:25 PM

23 posts, read 159,777 times
trust me. tuscon is BORING

Old 01-02-2007, 05:31 PM

83 posts, read 476,233 times
Default Hmmmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiss_miss View Post
trust me. tuscon is BORING
Miss, I would be curious to know your age. I suspect your "boring" might be my "stimulating".

Old 01-14-2007, 06:04 PM

1 posts, read 4,750 times
Try Firehouse Antiques on south side of 22nd street, just east of Wilmont Rd. Fun to shop or just look around. This is a multi-dealer antique mall so there is a variety to look at. Cute dog greeter! They have a flea market outside on the 2nd Sunday of the month.

Old 01-15-2007, 10:54 AM

218 posts, read 1,487,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antiquer View Post
Try Firehouse Antiques on south side of 22nd street, just east of Wilmont Rd. Fun to shop or just look around. This is a multi-dealer antique mall so there is a variety to look at. Cute dog greeter! They have a flea market outside on the 2nd Sunday of the month.
Have always had best intentions of checking them out! Thanks for the reminder!

Copper Country Antiques on Speedway, just east of Swan a bit, is a lot of fun too!
There's a Goodwill Store next door, so what bargains can't be found at one, might just be at the other!
I've found terrific treasures at both. Now, I'm headed to Firehouse!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
View detailed profiles of: