Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2008, 08:16 PM

1,222 posts, read 5,019,909 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Your kitties are just fine (inside that is )! I've never heard of anything like this in the area before and I certainly don't believe anybody would break in in order to chop them in half.
I know... and I'm not even close to that area. Just kinda creepy news.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2008, 07:01 AM

682 posts, read 2,566,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michael krotchie View Post
Hey have you guys heard about this?

Apparently two cats have been found recently in Purple Heart Park (Rita Ranch) cut in HALF! I heard some people talking about it so I'm trying to find out some more information; they had mentioned they saw it on the local news last night but I can't find anything on their websites.

Disturbing, to say the least. What's even more disturbing is that they haven't found the other halves yet..

If anyone has heard anything please share.
There was a dog found in the Phoenix area that was also cut in half. The examiners determined it was caused by animals, not humans. Maybe this is the cause with the kittens too.

altus2006

Old 08-07-2008, 07:04 AM

529 posts, read 2,394,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by altus2006 View Post
There was a dog found in the Phoenix area that was also cut in half. The examiners determined it was caused by animals, not humans. Maybe this is the cause with the kittens too.

altus2006
I sure hope so.

Old 08-10-2008, 10:57 AM

7 posts, read 35,401 times
Default I hope you all read

Ok Looking at the date I am quite certain I know what you are talking about. I work at one of the schools out there and we got a report that there was a mountain lion (or bobcat) spotted in one of the washes by the schools. They wanted no children to walk to school that day LOL control that one.... within a day or so they found 2 dogs mauled by something at purple heart park.... maybe it was a cat. I dont know but if you go by the park there is a LOT of desert. One of our Big desert animals could be lerking at any moment so yah thats prob what you heard about.

BTW anyone who is dumb enough to leave a cat outside and not keep it inside is just stupid. In Rita Ranch we consider outdoor cats Coyote bate. My neighbors cat got Eaten by the school bus stop, so yah it was in pieces so lets call the news

Old 08-10-2008, 07:57 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,170,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elmplove View Post
BTW anyone who is dumb enough to leave a cat outside and not keep it inside is just stupid.
This is true anywhere in town.

Old 08-11-2008, 02:53 PM

529 posts, read 2,394,678 times
Jumping in here late again.. I also heard the mountain lion rumor but didn't see anything on the news about it so I kept quiet.. no need to let anyone know about my craziness..

Old 08-11-2008, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael krotchie View Post
no need to let anyone know about my craziness..
Why? I do. Granted, I'm somewhat anonymous...

Old 08-15-2008, 01:13 PM

5 posts, read 19,092 times
Uhm, which halves were left? and were they the same halves on both kitties or differant.

Old 08-15-2008, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZdesertdawg View Post
Uhm, which halves were left? and were they the same halves on both kitties or differant.
It's a public forum and you can certainly say whatever you want, but why in the world do you care...?

Old 08-16-2008, 01:13 PM

5 posts, read 19,092 times
well i dont know, im just strangely concerned that a young frankenstien might be on the loose in rita ranch... its a known fact that serial killers just starting off usually start off with small animals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson