Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2009, 09:48 PM

69 posts, read 178,090 times

Advertisements

there are some really nice houses out in Rita Ranch, and it is pretty close to the base without being close to all the clutter of the city (im originally from tucson so I know how it can get) I've never had the chance to check out Rita Ranch and Im in South dakota right now. Im getting stationed there Aug 1st, and was curious how is the area out there? We found a pretty nice house out there but its hard when we arent there to see it for ourselves...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2009, 11:45 AM

1,389 posts, read 3,532,582 times
I know some folks that live out there. Pretty nice area - but it is going to be like any place else in the grand scheme of things.

Once the punk kids with the nose piercings, crying eyes mascara and straps and buckles all over their clothing, get a hold of any neigborhood; it goes to crap.

Old 06-16-2009, 02:22 PM

65 posts, read 222,813 times
A lot of people like Rita Ranch, but we didn't care for it so we bought a bit further north off of Houghton. Rita Ranch is a large community, but there seems to be a lack of landscaping and a lot of cement. We think it's quite ugly compared to other neighborhoods on the South Houghton corridor like Mesquite Ranch, Sierra Morado, and Civano (my personal favorite, but I'm biased :-).

If all you're looking for is square footage and you don't mind a lack of character and a lot of walls and pavement (more than other planned neighborhoods, imho), Rita Ranch might suit you fine. The schools are good and shopping is close by. I think it's a pretty safe area, too.

Good luck with your move!

Old 06-16-2009, 02:33 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,139,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnW25 View Post
A lot of people like Rita Ranch, but we didn't care for it so we bought a bit further north off of Houghton. Rita Ranch is a large community, but there seems to be a lack of landscaping and a lot of cement. We think it's quite ugly compared to other neighborhoods on the South Houghton corridor like Mesquite Ranch, Sierra Morado, and Civano (my personal favorite, but I'm biased :-).
I'm not particularly fond of Rita Ranch for many reasons and I'm biased as well. It consists of many sub-communities, though, and some are better than others. All of them are very (and some extremely) close to the rail tracks for my liking. If I can occasionally hear a horn about 4 or 5 miles away and with closed windows, I can only imagine how it sounds in Rita Ranch... Also, most of it is in the flight path.

OP, see my post and the links to the flight path map here:

//www.city-data.com/forum/tucso...or-tucson.html

Old 06-16-2009, 02:51 PM

i dont care about flight path.. Ive lived on base for years and we have the loudest jets in the air force here.. so we dont hear anything loud anymore lol

as for houses on the east side.. let me know if any of you find some that are 3+ bedrooms for rent $900 or less a month. oh and a garage is a MUST

Old 06-16-2009, 02:53 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,139,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGBvsCMYK View Post
as for houses on the east side.. let me know if any of you find some that are 3+ bedrooms for rent $900 or less a month. oh and a garage is a MUST
Well, we don't look for houses. YOU do!

Old 06-16-2009, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGBvsCMYK View Post
i dont care about flight path.. Ive lived on base for years and we have the loudest jets in the air force here.. so we dont hear anything loud anymore lol

I'd be very amazed if you found a decent place that size at that price.

We looked all over town (last month) for a 2b house, garage or not, and nothing was under 1k, that was not a complete dump, or a duplex.

Even some of the complete dumps were 1100-1300. It was mind blowing.

Old 06-16-2009, 03:00 PM

well I found a 4bdrm in rita ranch, thats why Im asking.. and there is one that is a nice 3 bed that is 900 a month at 7548 Fair Meadows Loop Tucson, Arizona 85756 which is just below the base and just about as equal distance as rita ranch, but south of base rather than east.

Old 06-16-2009, 03:05 PM

Out of curiosity, who won- RGB or CMYK ?

Old 06-16-2009, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chorizo View Post
Out of curiosity, who won- RGB or CMYK ?
that would depend on the application
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson