Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2008, 02:30 PM

Location: Approximately 50 miles from Missoula MT/38 yrs full time after 4 yrs part time
2,308 posts, read 4,120,376 times

Advertisements

I'm renting a house (11/1/08 to 3/31/09) about a mile north of the intersection of Tangerine and Rancho Vistoso Blvd., to get out of the lousy winter weather here in the northern Rockies. I was down in Tucson recently and ck'ed out this home and it will work out fine. I've wintered in AZ the year before last, but not in the Tucson area (I was up in the Cottonwood/Sedona area). If these forthcoming 5 winter months prove out to be what I'm looking for.....I just may sell my place up here and relocate to the Tucson area.

I'm retired, widowed, an active outdoorsman, and love to hunt upland game birds-AZ Quail and Dove, and participate in other shotgun sports, i.e. skeet, sporting clays etc. I have a fully trained Brittany that is my bird dog and my companion and travels everywhere with me--in his travel crate in the SUV. I am not a golfer, not a bingo player and I'm not much on 'covered-dish' type functions....no disrespect intended.

At this point in my life, my interests include: travel, taking in local points of interest, i.e. AZ Desert Museum etc,etc; good winter weather, swimming(this house has a pool), hunting with my Brittany, good food, fine shotguns, fine wine, fine cars, and yes, fine women if I can find one.. ////////// Carpe Diem!

QUESTIONS: 1/ A recommendation for a Vet, in case I need one for my dog..... preferrably one that is also a bird hunter and fairly near my location. My dog is Snake Broke & has had the Snake Vaccine booster shots, but I'd like to be prepared----just in case..

2/ Recommendation for a grocery store (in the north Oro Valley area) for good quality beef steaks, fish, shrimp and chicken...I like to BBQ!! Also quality produce.

3/ Recommendation for a Medical Center Facility. I think I've seen a "Northwestern Medical Center" name (or similiar) mentioned on some forum?? Just in case................

4/ Also a Dentist recommendation............again just in case.

I thank you in advance for any suggestions and opinions you may have.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2008, 02:54 PM

9,599 posts, read 31,685,641 times
WOW, Montana . . . some tough questions so I'll start with the easy ones.

Dentist . . . I've tried a few and settled on David Robb on 5th Ave in Tucson. A simple one dentist operation, not the "assembly line" type of operation with many of the big outfits.

Fresh Produce and Good (not great) Meats and Seafood . . . SPROUTS on Oracle at Magee. www.sprouts.com

Grocery Stores . . . I prefer Altertsons but no one would ever classify me as a cook or gourmet.

The Northwest Medical Center is about as good as it gets.

Vet . . . not much help with this one.

I hope this helps at least a little.

Good Luck

Old 08-13-2008, 03:38 PM

514 posts, read 1,440,686 times
VCS Veterinary Specialty Center Is a good place to take your dog to.

Its at 4909 N. La Canada Dr
520 795 9955

Old 08-13-2008, 04:04 PM

529 posts, read 2,393,361 times
I'll have to second Sprouts, great produce and higher quality food (in general) than a chain grocery store.

And here is the link the NW Medical Center - Oro Valley.

Can't help in the other areas.

Old 08-13-2008, 07:43 PM

2,916 posts, read 8,346,834 times
Aahhhh... the snowbirds!

Welcome to Arizona!

Now go...

...and spend lots of MONEY while you're here!

Old 08-13-2008, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZonyPony View Post
Aahhhh... the snowbirds!

Welcome to Arizona!

Now go...

Bad BAD ZonyPony! ! ! ! !

Old 08-13-2008, 11:24 PM

2,916 posts, read 8,346,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post
Bad BAD ZonyPony! ! ! ! !

Sorry, Bumster...

My bad!

Old 08-13-2008, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Sorry, Bumster...

My bad!
LMBO . . . you deserve LOTS of Rep Points but this thing is fighting me tonight.

Old 08-14-2008, 03:55 AM

45 posts, read 233,780 times
I also think you will like Sprouts for their produce. You will also have a Trader Joes close by(on Oricle).

Why are you choosing the Tucscon area vs. Cottonwood/Sedona?

Welcome!

Old 08-14-2008, 12:19 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,134,698 times
Quote:
Aahhhh... the snowbirds!

Welcome to Arizona!

Now go...

Yep! And please don't go to breakfast when we're trying to go to work!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson