Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-02-2008, 05:00 PM

298 posts, read 948,298 times

Advertisements

Hello all. Anyone out there recently (within the last few years) purchased a new home from Lennar, Pulte, AF Sterling, DR Horton, Pepper-Viner or any other Tucson home builders? Would you care to comment on the quality or lack thereof in your home. I am looking into relocating to warm and sunny Tucson from cold and dreary Massachusetts sometime in the future. My wife and I have been to Tucson twice. We really enjoy the sunny weather that you have out there. We would be looking in the $275,000-$300,000 price range. We would like any insight that you could give into the quality of the work and materials used by the various builders.

While we were out there we did look at quite a few new homes. We lookad at Lennar, Pulte, Meritage, Richmond American, KB Home, DR Horton and a few others. I have to say we did notice the quality in the Lennar and Pulte homes. The others we did not really care for although some of the others had some nice floor plans. We also liked the fact that the Lennar homes came with everything you need (as they say) so there wouldn't be a lot of decisions and price increases when purchasing a new home.

Can anyone tell me what size lot I would need to have a swimming pool and hot tub and also enough room for a few flower beds in the back yard.

Thanks everyone!!

Old 12-02-2008, 09:18 PM

415 posts, read 1,681,251 times
Pepper-Viner just won a big award:

Pepper Viner's Civano North Ridge has been presented the EnergySmart Home Award by the US Department of Energy Builders Challenge!
Building America Builders Challenge - at Civano North Ridge save 30% to 40% on total energy usage - from using your computer to lighting the home
EPAct 2005 - every home saves 50% or more on heating and cooling energy
Energy Star Home - the energy savings is independently certified!

Pepper Viner Homes has become one of the elite builders in America.
Only 1/2 of 1% have met the Challenge.

I can't post the whole flyer, but posted some of the highlights for you. Civano North Ridge is on Houghton, just south of Golf Links. Somewhat north of the area you have been concentrating on.

Old 12-02-2008, 09:26 PM

415 posts, read 1,681,251 times
Oh, I forgot...My lot is about 5400 square feet. I have lots of plants and a huge pool. There used to be a hot tub, but the previous owner took it.

Tucson home builders quality-p2040049.jpg

Old 12-03-2008, 10:06 AM

529 posts, read 2,393,849 times
I live in a newer Pulte home in Gladden Farms and have been satisfied with the overall construction of the house. To be honest a lot of the quality issues arise when the contractor uses poor quality subs who do the actual physical labor on the house.

I have friends who have bought two Canoa homes (the latest one three years ago) and both times have been pleased with their purchase.

As far as pool/spa space requirements, check out this link for more info. All sorts of requirements.

Old 12-07-2008, 08:45 AM

163 posts, read 824,296 times
If possible try to be here when the construct your house we got to see how they construct some of the houses in our sub division and it is disgusting and alarming
Yes I also hear that the poor quality of some houses is due to the sub's that the builder hires, well the builder is still responsible
Yup some of those same workers that will build your house and my house build the million + houses, scary thought!
We were very disappointed by our builder!! Maybe they are bad all over now sign of the times

Old 12-07-2008, 08:47 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,147,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tucsondesertdweller View Post
Yup some of those same workers that will build your house and my house build the million + houses, scary thought!
Yep, they do! And it is scary...

Old 12-07-2008, 10:00 AM

298 posts, read 948,298 times
But Tucsondesertdweller you didn't mention who your builder was.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
View detailed profiles of: