Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2009, 02:08 PM

2,916 posts, read 8,347,410 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julia_Italy View Post
Your sarcasm baffles me: Has it become politically incorrect to wish to exterminate the stinging insects that have invaded one's yard?

And no, I do not find them "wonderful," "amazing," "fascinating," "magnificent" or anything of that sort. I sincerely dislike them in every possible way, and I have no intention of changing my anthropocentric perspective.

I understand that they may serve some important purpose in the grand scheme of things, but they have no function, nor are they welcome, near my house.
Welcome to America, Julia - the true land of freedom... freedom to be ourselves without fear of intimidation from government or private citizen or any other individual... freedom to be sarcastic... and freedom to be as laid-back and fun-lovin' as one desires, as long as it is within reason.

To answer your question, it is absolutely politically correct to wish "extermination", as you call it, on such things!

Now answer my question: why did it take you six (6) months to put together such a response to my post, and in such an indignant manner, I might add?

We are all here freely to enjoy this forum, and to have fun freely as well as provide information freely, if we so desire - so please lighten up and try to have just a little more fun on this forum, okay? Don't be so tense!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2009, 05:18 PM

602 posts, read 2,063,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZonyPony View Post
Now answer my question: why did it take you six (6) months to put together such a response to my post, and in such an indignant manner, I might add?...
Are you sassin' her, ZP? You used to be so gentlemanly.

Old 06-15-2009, 05:22 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,139,890 times
Quote:
the true land of freedom... freedom to be ourselves without fear of intimidation from government
You're too funny, ZP!

Old 06-15-2009, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by azhiker View Post
Are you sassin' her, ZP? You used to be so gentlemanly.
I must be losin' it... You're right... I used to be a much nicer wimp...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
You're too funny, ZP!
Sorrows...

Old 06-15-2009, 06:13 PM

602 posts, read 2,063,850 times
Quote:
I must be losin' it... You're right... I used to be a much nicer wimp...
I think perhaps Shewhosenamemustnotbespoken toughened you up, old chap.

Old 06-15-2009, 06:41 PM

Quote:
I think perhaps Shewhosenamemustnotbespoken toughened you up, old chap.

Old 06-18-2009, 03:48 PM

32 posts, read 155,299 times
Quote:
Welcome to America, Julia - the true land of freedom... freedom to be ourselves without fear of intimidation from government or private citizen or any other individual... freedom to be sarcastic... and freedom to be as laid-back and fun-lovin' as one desires, as long as it is within reason.
I am American, too. There is such a thing as dual citizenship, you know...

You are right: I am NOT a relaxed, mellow, laid-back person. Being that way does not appeal to me one bit. And one is "free" to be stiff and stuck-up in the States, right?

PS: Apparently, it has become politically incorrect to swat a fly!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/31422688/ns/us_news-weird_news/?GT1=43001 (broken link)

Old 06-18-2009, 03:58 PM

32 posts, read 155,299 times
Quote:
In a word, yes. This sort of blatant bias against StingingInsect-Americans is unacceptable.
I sincerely apologize for offending the underprivileged, yet equally worthy, class of Americans know as Insecta, and for wishing to deny them the right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.

Old 06-18-2009, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julia_Italy View Post
I am American, too. There is such a thing as dual citizenship, you know...

You are right: I am NOT a relaxed, mellow, laid-back person. Being that way does not appeal to me one bit. And one is "free" to be stiff and stuck-up in the States, right?
Correct, and I'll defend to the death your right to be so!

Old 07-15-2014, 10:36 PM

1 posts, read 939 times
We, too, have suddenly been inundated with the pesky buggers. From what we have read the best to get rid of them is to destroy the nest by employing stealthy tactics at night. I have watched them fly in and fly out and it beats the heck out of me where their nest actually is so destroying it is not in the cards. We have gone from one or two feasting on the mint plants to about 15 or 16 in the past two days. I would love to get rid of them but A) they kill tarantulas; B) I'm not wild about tarantulas; C) I'm not tangling with any of the flying beasties. I hate the thought of killing them so perhaps we can come to an understanding of some sort. My nephew owns a pest control service in CA and he said perhaps spraying the perimeter of the property and then around the exterior of the house with Demon WP would work. He hasn't actually seen any of the perps in person so he wouldn't guarantee a result.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson