Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2009, 10:28 AM

1 posts, read 2,451 times

Advertisements

Hello all,

My husband and I will be hopefully relocating to Tucson within this year. We are planning a trip out by the end of next month and want to try to look at some apartment places. I have heard from numerous folks so far that it's hard to do online as most places websites are might misleading.

I was wondering if I could get your help on it. We are looking at the Foothills region (no other reason than my husbands practice partner lives there so we figured we'd move around him). The places we have been thinking about so far are:

- Coronado Villas
9225 E. Tanque Verde Rd. Tucson, AZ 85749
- Foothills Apartments
5441 N. Swan Rd. Tucson, AZ 85718
- The Arboretum
4700 N. Kolb Rd. Tucson, AZ 85750

Anyone know about these places? Positives? Negatives? What are they close to? Or know of anything else that might be sufficient? Our search is slightly hindered by the fact that we need to have either an open dog policy or allowance of two dogs, one of which is over 25 lbs. (we are fine with paying dog rent).

Any help is greatly appreciated!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2009, 05:35 PM

683 posts, read 2,651,680 times
I lived at The Arboretum when I first moved to Tucson in 2000, I loved it there. It's really close to Sabino Canyon, the whole area around there is beautiful. You'd be right at the base of the Catalina Mountains. Canyon Ranch is right around the corner. It's very quiet around there and VERY dark. We have laws that prohibit street lights because of the big telescopes around here.

Old 05-21-2009, 05:42 PM

602 posts, read 2,064,858 times
I used to live at the Arboretum too, back when there were two distinct areas; north of Snyder and south of Snyder. The apartments on the north side are no longer part of The Arboretum (now the Villas at Sabino Canyon (condos)).

IIRC, the apartments on the south side didn't have washers and dryers in the apartments. Ones on the north side did.

I liked it there a lot. Great area. Only thing is, check on if they have washers and dryers in the apartments (don't think so). Personally, I wouldn't live in an apartment that didn't have them.

Old 05-21-2009, 05:55 PM

683 posts, read 2,651,680 times
The laundromat, we were talking about that at work the other day. That's one thing I sure don't miss! The best thing about the Arboretum is definitely the area it's in, I bet you enjoyed hiking around there.

Old 05-21-2009, 06:04 PM

602 posts, read 2,064,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyBaroo View Post
The laundromat, we were talking about that at work the other day. That's one thing I sure don't miss! The best thing about the Arboretum is definitely the area it's in, I bet you enjoyed hiking around there.
Oh yeah. Very nice. That area around Kolb and Sunrise is the prettiest in town if ya ask me.

Seems like it's remote, but really, when you shoot down Craycroft it takes no time at all to be in the middle of town.

Old 06-14-2010, 04:27 PM

532 posts, read 1,177,205 times
I also wanted to add it may be possibly to find a townhome/duplex that's nice with a yard for the puppy chows. Don't know where, but I'm sure it exists. Also if you can;t find that where you're looking, look up some local dog parks. There's a couple around town.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson