Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2009, 03:27 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,170,643 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZonyPony View Post
Meteorology?

Yes, meteorology!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2009, 11:58 PM

415 posts, read 1,681,728 times
dammit, I leave for an entire 2 days worth of work and my darn thread gets hijacked!

Sierra - you know I appreciate your honesty and the time you spent writing the response.

You have some valid points. I just have to figure out what to do. We're talking extremes for me. Leaving the biggest company in town for the smallest. Not that it is the only factor.....

I just wish there had been more responses than the two of you that took the time to remain on-topic.

Old 06-03-2009, 07:29 AM

2,916 posts, read 8,351,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twojulybabies View Post
dammit, I leave for an entire 2 days worth of work and my darn thread gets hijacked!

Sierra - you know I appreciate your honesty and the time you spent writing the response.

You have some valid points. I just have to figure out what to do. We're talking extremes for me. Leaving the biggest company in town for the smallest. Not that it is the only factor.....

I just wish there had been more responses than the two of you that took the time to remain on-topic.
Don't you just HATE hijackers?

Old 06-03-2009, 09:03 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,170,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twojulybabies View Post
It is what it is in this neck of the woods, dahlin'...

Quote:

Well, it's hard to say because you're not comfortable talking about either one and it's understandable... I don't know which one would be the smallest in town. Remax doesn't seem to be very popular here.

You might want to ask Captain Bill from the Phoenix forum for some general advice. I'm sure he'll be happy to help as he lives and breathes RE and he's also an investor in RE himself. Even though he doesn't work in our market, he has quite a bit of experience. Our Michael probably won't chime in in public, either, but may be more talkative behind the scenes.

Old 06-06-2009, 11:03 PM

104 posts, read 319,610 times
I will never use Long Realty again. We had some guy there that was pretty much useless and a jerk at that. We dropped him fast and got a referral to someone else. She was awesome and very persistent with the short sale process for us.

Old 06-07-2009, 07:44 AM

529 posts, read 2,394,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
..Our Michael probably won't chime in in public, either, but may be more talkative behind the scenes...
Man I need to devote more time to CD! Never enough hours in the day to do everything I want to do..

Twojulybabies (or anyone else who is curious from here) shoot me a PM or an email and I'd be happy to give an opinion.

Old 06-07-2009, 07:59 AM

104 posts, read 319,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf77 View Post
I will never use Long Realty again. We had some guy there that was pretty much useless and a jerk at that. We dropped him fast and got a referral to someone else. She was awesome and very persistent with the short sale process for us.
Or perhaps we just got a bad guy? Paul something or other from the Houghton/Rita office.

Old 06-07-2009, 10:45 AM

2,916 posts, read 8,351,353 times
Quote:
Quote:
Or perhaps we just got a bad guy? Paul something or other from the Houghton/Rita office.

Obviously, as with just about any other industry, Wulf Man, there is a very wide spectrum when it comes to RE agents, as well!

From the considerate and hard-working agents (like many here on CD) who are sensitive to your needs and not theirs - the ones who truly study their trade honestly and have developed good customer service skills - the ones which you will immediately realize are working for YOU...

...to the ones who just kinda-sorta "dabble" in real estate with dollar signs in their eyeballs, because they most likely heard from a slacker friend of a slacker friend that real estate is a great way for THEM to "get rich quick"! These are the ones who do not study their trade as well as they should, and whose customer service skills were never really set in place before their RE skills, how ever few those may be! Unfortunately, your needs will not be their first priority.

Old 06-07-2009, 11:45 AM

1,024 posts, read 2,748,325 times
Quote:
A good realtor knows their limitations of expertise. If they are not competent in the Short Sale process they should refer it to another agent in their office. Short sales take a lot of patience and tenacity, as well as the knowledge of the process. As a listing agent if you don't have the patience to spend hours on hold working your way through the phone tree at lending institutions, and the moxy to take it to a higher lever when your not getting answers then you shouldn't be doing them.

Also a good realtor needs to know how to manage expectations for their client whether buying or selling. Short sales through Countrywide are notorious for taking 4+ months to process. Others I have had done in 6 weeks. If I have a client buying a short sale through Countrywide, and let them believe they will have their home in 5-6 weeks, then I am most likely going to have a very unhappy client, and righfully so.

Beowolf, sorry you had a bad experience, but sounds like you made the right decision and got someone that would take care of you.

Old 06-08-2009, 03:27 PM

1 posts, read 966 times
I interviewed a bunch of realtors a few weekends ago when I was viewing houses and most came across like used car salesman, they had no clue what they were doing. The realtors listed below, however, came across as competent, intelligent, and knowledgeable of Tucson.

Zach Macdonald

Kimberly Marohn

Matt James
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
View detailed profiles of: