Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2009, 05:57 AM

2 posts, read 14,144 times

Advertisements

We recently purchased property in Oracle with a 1971 manufactured home on it. We want to build a new home on the property. We have two choices chop up the manufactured home and pay to have the pieces hauled away or pay someone to haul the home away. The home was lived in up to the date we closed. The company that would haul the home away said they would refurbish the home and sell it. I would rather give the home to someone and let them remove it and refurbish themselves. Does anyone one know of away to make this happen. It is a 3 bedroom 2 bath home. Any help or ideas are welcome.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2009, 03:30 PM

19 posts, read 70,719 times
Default Manufactured home

My husband ansd I had the same problem in Tucson when we purchased land. I put an ad in the newspaper. We sold it and the buyers moved it at their cost.

Old 09-23-2009, 06:50 PM

9,600 posts, read 31,688,287 times
Have you tried posting an ad on Craigslist and ZTucson.com, Mike?

Naturally, part of the deal would include removal by a certain date.

Good Luck.

Old 09-24-2009, 01:30 PM

529 posts, read 2,393,554 times
Yep Bummer and azbec hit it head on, I've had success with CL.

You usually get several phone calls about it.

Old 09-24-2009, 08:11 PM

153 posts, read 522,095 times
I would get a few cases of beer, couple of gigantic hatchets and have a weekend long fun accompanied by some yummy BBQ. Listen to some Motorhead and do some therapy destruction...

Old 09-25-2009, 06:42 AM

259 posts, read 705,320 times
Somehow I get the feeling a 40 year old mobil home isn't gonna be worth much.
I had to dispose of a 14 by 70 mobil home that suddenly appeared on some property I owned a while back. The thing was a total wreck when it showed up and no way to get rid of it. I tried to pay someone to haul it away but they said it wasn't safe to take out on the road. So I had a guy come out with a back hoe and bury it pretty much right where it was sitting. He used the bucket to break it down and had it buried by lunch time.

End of problem

Old 09-25-2009, 06:44 AM

6,449 posts, read 9,805,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanque Verde View Post
Somehow I get the feeling a 40 year old mobil home isn't gonna be worth much.
I had to dispose of a 14 by 70 mobil home that suddenly appeared on some property I owned a while back. The thing was a total wreck when it showed up and no way to get rid of it. I tried to pay someone to haul it away but they said it wasn't safe to take out on the road. So I had a guy come out with a back hoe and bury it pretty much right where it was sitting. He used the bucket to break it down and had it buried by lunch time.

End of problem
Im sure that helps the ground water there lol

Old 09-25-2009, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTLightning View Post
Im sure that helps the ground water there lol

I seriously doubt a back hoe could dig a hole deep enough to effect the water table, or ground water.

Old 10-08-2009, 05:44 AM

2 posts, read 14,144 times
Default Manufactured home removal

We have posted a manufactured home for sale on Craigs List. We got questions about the cost to remove the home.
Does anyone know what it costs to have a manufactured home moved? This is a 1971 home but it was lived in up to a couple of months ago. It does need some TLC but structurally it seems to be sound. The home is currently in Oracle, PInal County. Does anyone know of any county rules on moving these homes and also any companies that move these homes?

Old 10-08-2009, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikejan View Post
We have posted a manufactured home for sale on Craigs List. We got questions about the cost to remove the home.
Does anyone know what it costs to have a manufactured home moved? This is a 1971 home but it was lived in up to a couple of months ago. It does need some TLC but structurally it seems to be sound. The home is currently in Oracle, PInal County. Does anyone know of any county rules on moving these homes and also any companies that move these homes?
Call some of the local mobil home dealers in the Tucson area for the names and numbers of companies who specialize in moving mobil homes.
They will be able to answer all your questions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson