Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-10-2009, 06:32 PM

1,475 posts, read 2,556,866 times

Advertisements

If I see a home for sale and send a letter to the person listed as the property owner telling them I'm interested in buying the property. Do they have to contact me through the listing agent or can the contact me directly telling me to call the listing agent?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2009, 08:22 PM

8,685 posts, read 16,859,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich_CD View Post
If I see a home for sale and send a letter to the person listed as the property owner telling them I'm interested in buying the property. Do they have to contact me through the listing agent or can the contact me directly telling me to call the listing agent?
They can probably do whatever they want, as they are under contract? with the agent and depending on how much time is left with the listing, and how long you are willing to wait ....

Old 11-10-2009, 10:55 PM

1,024 posts, read 2,748,994 times
Quote:
It depend on whether you live in Tucson or Arizona City.
Just kidding!

"Do they have to contact me through the listing agent or can the contact me directly telling me to call the listing agent?"

Is there some reason you can't call the listing agent yourself? Your question makes no sense as it is written.

Is the question you are really trying to ask "can I contact the owner myself to buy the house directly from them without the realtor" ?

Old 11-11-2009, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just me in Oro Valley View Post
Is there some reason you can't call the listing agent yourself? Your question makes no sense as it is written.

Is the question you are really trying to ask "can I contact the owner myself to buy the house directly from them without the realtor" ?
Yea, the question is worded goofy, my bad.

Sometimes I don't know if there even is a listing agent. But, I can always find out who is listed as owner.

I'm always gonna' be dealing directly with the owner. I'm not gonna' only go through a middle man. I'm also not gonna' try to "cut out" an agent. The seller has a contract with the listing agent not me. So, the seller is responsible for that relationship.

Old 11-11-2009, 09:40 AM

9,601 posts, read 31,710,724 times
Quote:
I'm always gonna' be dealing directly with the owner. I'm not gonna' only go through a middle man. I'm also not gonna' try to "cut out" an agent. The seller has a contract with the listing agent not me. So, the seller is responsible for that relationship.
Purchasing any property without the advice and guidance of a qualified and competent Real Estate Agent is similar to representing yourself in a legal action without a qualified and competent Attorney . . . possibly worse.

MY TWO CENTS WORTH

Old 11-11-2009, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post
Purchasing any property without the advice and guidance of a qualified and competent Real Estate Agent is similar to representing yourself in a legal action without a qualified and competent Attorney . . . possibly worse.
That's not true in all cases. Sometimes legal counsel is all you need even for real estate purchases.

Old 11-11-2009, 10:27 AM

13,212 posts, read 21,837,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post

MY TWO CENTS WORTH
Why? I consider a buying agent's opinions (and that's all they are) as just another data point in my purchasing decision. Since the buying agent gets a commission from the sale, they are not entirely working in your best interest. At the end of the day, the only person with my best interests in mind is me.

Now having said all that, a buying agent is free to you, so there's little reason not to take advantage of one. They might be able to save you some legwork. But necessary? Not at all.

Old 11-11-2009, 10:46 AM

9,601 posts, read 31,710,724 times
Quote:
That's not true in all cases. Sometimes legal counsel is all you need even for real estate purchases.
Legal Counsel usually only becomes involved at the final stages of the purchase . . . definitely valuable and worthwhile but not quite the same as a quality trustworthy Real Estate Agent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
Why? I consider a buying agent's opinions (and that's all they are) as just another data point in my purchasing decision. Since the buying agent gets a commission from the sale, they are not entirely working in your best interest. At the end of the day, the only person with my best interests in mind is me.

Now having said all that, a buying agent is free to you, so there's little reason not to take advantage of one. They might be able to save you some legwork. But necessary? Not at all.
Good point, Kdog.

and maybe I should have included . . . TRUSTWORTHY!

By the way . . . I am not professionally involved in Real Estate in any way.

Old 11-13-2009, 02:37 PM

106 posts, read 364,542 times
I'm with Bummer on this.
And as a former seller, I do not want to be pestered by a bunch of 'looky-loos'. That is what the listing agent gets paid to do. If I had a property listed and someone contacted me, I would refer them to my agent. Not my job, man.

Have a great day.
Joseph

Old 11-13-2009, 04:17 PM

100 posts, read 328,859 times
What would be the point of contacting the the seller directly? Unless of course the property is for sale by owner.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson