Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2009, 02:29 PM

1,389 posts, read 3,534,028 times

Advertisements

Is it just me or was the traffic, during the shopping season; not as bad as normal this year?

Or have I finally just learned to ignore the idiocy on the asphalt? (If so thats probably not very safe!)

I also noticed that my general "Bah Humbug!" attitude barely made an appearance. Maybe it was because they never started playing that infernal 94.9FM once they started playing Jingle Bells every 20 minutes?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2009, 02:51 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,162,128 times
It's not you. It was beautiful! A lot of people must be out of town.

Old 12-28-2009, 03:36 PM

2,916 posts, read 8,350,507 times
I think Reezo's gettin' soft...

Old 12-28-2009, 05:39 PM

21 posts, read 90,702 times
I don't think you're allowed to say Christmas Traffic. You have to say Holiday traffic. yes, the *Holiday Traffic* was very light.

Old 12-28-2009, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dersu View Post
I don't think you're allowed to say Christmas Traffic. You have to say Holiday traffic. yes, the *Holiday Traffic* was very light.
Seriously... HOW could we be so insensitive?

Old 12-28-2009, 11:08 PM

4,922 posts, read 8,573,613 times
Well, I was stuck in "Holiday Traffic" today and it wasn't pretty. Lots of foreign license plates all around me. With this weather, the snowbirds must be feeling quite at home I would imagine.

Old 12-29-2009, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcy1210 View Post
Well, I was stuck in "Holiday Traffic" today and it wasn't pretty. Lots of foreign license plates all around me. With this weather, the snowbirds must be feeling quite at home I would imagine.
Actually, during THIS time of year, the "foreign" license plates seem to be the ARIZONA ones!

Old 12-30-2009, 12:08 AM

4,922 posts, read 8,573,613 times
I was surprised at the New York, Pennsylvania, Michigan, Indiana, Ohio, Illinois, Massachussetts, and New Hampshire plates. I would have thought more Utah, Colorado, Wyoming, Montana, Dakotas, Minnesota where it's REALLY cold, but there weren't many of them. At least not at the stop lights I was stuck at. I really thought that those east of the Mississippi went to Florida, whereas those west of the Mississippi went to Arizona. Guess that theory was debunked.

Old 12-30-2009, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcy1210 View Post
I was surprised at the New York, Pennsylvania, Michigan, Indiana, Ohio, Illinois, Massachussetts, and New Hampshire plates. I would have thought more Utah, Colorado, Wyoming, Montana, Dakotas, Minnesota where it's REALLY cold, but there weren't many of them. At least not at the stop lights I was stuck at. I really thought that those east of the Mississippi went to Florida, whereas those west of the Mississippi went to Arizona. Guess that theory was debunked.
I believe you're right about the Mississippi River dividing line, and I'm sure there are many exceptions...

However, we've always seen more peeps coming from the midwest and eastcoast than from too many of those other places.

Wherever they come from, they seem to love being able to tell their friends and family back home that they're currently "in t-shirt and shorts and sitting poolside here in Arizona"...

I just roll my eyes whenever I hear that...

Old 12-30-2009, 07:20 AM

1,465 posts, read 4,576,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZonyPony View Post
I believe you're right about the Mississippi River dividing line, and I'm sure there are many exceptions...

However, we've always seen more peeps coming from the midwest and eastcoast than from too many of those other places.

Wherever they come from, they seem to love being able to tell their friends and family back home that they're currently "in t-shirt and shorts and sitting poolside here in Arizona"...

I just roll my eyes whenever I hear that...
I did see people in t-shirts and shorts while I was there (by there, I mean Phoenix area. We didn't go as far south as Tucson) during Christmas. I'll admit, there were some times when I wore just my t-shirt, but I didn't wear shorts. Some people must have a very low tolerance to even the slightest heat. And it was well below average while I was there. Two cloudy days, one of them in which it rained. The other days where typically a high of 61 or so. Somewhat disappointing, but tons better than what awaited us here in Minnesota - A driveway with over a foot of snow in it that was froze over, making it near impossible to snowblow without breaking up into chunks. This'll take us forever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
View detailed profiles of: