Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2010, 12:31 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,134,698 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post
According to the same "in the know" friend, if you do bump into her, be careful because she more than doubled in size since retiring.
Apparently she has a thyroid problem, so it's understandable. Guess that's what she looks like now:

http://midiblog.net/pics/l/i/n/linda-ronstadt-1-high.jpg (broken link)

http://midiblog.net/pics/l/i/n/linda-ronstadt-1-high.jpg (broken link)

Linda Ronstadt, Famous Celebrities with Thyroid Disease, Hypothyroidism, Hyperthyroidism, Hashimoto's Disease, Graves' Disease, Nodules, and Cancer
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2010, 12:39 PM

3,822 posts, read 9,470,404 times
Used to work in a local bike shop in Tucson and her brother would come in once or twice a year to get stuff worked on. But never saw Linda when I lived in Tucson.

Best place to spot anyone famous is Sabino Canyon in the morning when Canyon Ranch is leading their guests on a walk. But you have to be able to figure out what these famous people look like in sweats and no make up. Guy I used to work with also had a part time job at Canyon Ranch and he had Oprah on a couple of hikes that he led.

Old 03-22-2010, 10:59 PM

4,922 posts, read 8,568,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grmi66 View Post
Best place to spot anyone famous is Sabino Canyon in the morning when Canyon Ranch is leading their guests on a walk. But you have to be able to figure out what these famous people look like in sweats and no make up. Guy I used to work with also had a part time job at Canyon Ranch and he had Oprah on a couple of hikes that he led.
In an older issue of Martha Stewart Living, she wrote a glowing article on her time at Canyon Ranch and said she planned on making it a yearly event. I think she said she came out in March, so maybe she's here or was/is soon to be.

Spotting celebrities is really hard. They honestly look so different from what you see in print or on a screen. Even sports figures that you'd know on screen in a heartbeat can be difficult to recognize in person.

One year we were at The Royal Hawaiian hotel on Oahu and our kids kept saying Rob Schnieder was there (this was when he was shooting 50 First Dates" in Hawaii) and we told them they were hallucinating. Then one night at dinner, he and his little girl were at the table next to us, and yup, it was him alright! For the next few days, his daughter and our sons (who were all about the same age) hung out with Rob, his brother and his parents. We talked to him a lot, and he was just a regular, and kind of shy, guy. He took our kids with him on some outings, and we took Ali on some outings. Pretty cool. But, he really didn't look all that much like he does in the movies, or when he was on SNL.

Last edited by Marcy1210; 03-22-2010 at 11:15 PM.. Reason: Confusion: Martha Stewart may be at Canyon Ranch, not Linda Rondstadt

Old 03-23-2010, 12:40 AM

19 posts, read 171,337 times
Haven't seen Linda Ronstadt but I could have sworn I was driving next to Tiger Woods today.

Old 03-23-2010, 11:24 PM

4,922 posts, read 8,568,915 times
Was he in a black Escalade with a broken rear window?

Old 03-24-2010, 12:21 AM

9,599 posts, read 31,685,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcy1210 View Post
Was he in a black Escalade with a broken rear window?
OUCH!

! ! ! ! ! !

Old 03-24-2010, 12:41 AM

602 posts, read 2,063,681 times
I've never seen any celebs here in Tucson. Used to see some when I lived in Santa Barbara. Actually saw more in Montecito, right next door. One of the strangest sightings I saw there was (for those of you old enough to remember him) Jonathan Winters sitting outside a little store in a Boy Scout uniform. Maybe he's a scout leader or something. Thought that was pretty cool. My mom loved him back in the day.

Old 08-04-2010, 01:09 PM

1 posts, read 11,178 times
Default I saw her about 9 years ago

I was working a seasonal job at Border's on Broadway, and she came in and bought a book(not sure what it was)..I recognized her almost immediately(she looked about the same in the picture posted here), and it was verified as I had her credit card in my hand..thinking of something to say, I just blurted out 'I'm a fan'(I was kind of neutral on the subject), and she said thank you in a sort of sheepish way..she definetly didn't want to be noticed, so I didnt make a fuss about her or tell anyone around me it was here until she left.

My impression of her was nothing but positive. Although it was a fleeting meeting, she seemed like a very sweet person and humble. I became a fan of her's after that. She was stunningly beautiful and had/still has an amazing voice.

Old 04-13-2011, 09:21 AM

1 posts, read 5,105 times
its so easy to fall in love but its hard to forget MISS LINDA RONSTADT!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
View detailed profiles of: