Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-25-2007, 03:42 AM

162 posts, read 849,355 times

Advertisements

My husband and I will be visiting Phoenix and Tucson. We've only flown once before so don't know much about the airlines, etc. Do many airlines go directly into Tucson or do you have to fly to Phoenix and then drive to Tucson or get a small plane there? Any advice is appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2007, 05:15 AM

95 posts, read 646,943 times
Tucson has an international airport so you can fly directly in. Some carriers include Southwest, United Airlines, Delta, and JetBlue.

Old 05-25-2007, 07:05 PM

83 posts, read 476,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshinecities View Post
My husband and I will be visiting Phoenix and Tucson. We've only flown once before so don't know much about the airlines, etc. Do many airlines go directly into Tucson or do you have to fly to Phoenix and then drive to Tucson or get a small plane there? Any advice is appreciated.

It all depends on the city from which you are flying. Before we moved to Tucson, we lived in Little Rock, AR, and made numerous trips to Arizona looking for a new home. Southwest Airlines had nonstop flights from Little Rock to Phoenix at times that were very convenient for us. The flights to Tucson all involved transfers and two to three hour layovers. We purchased inexpensive tickets to Phoenix, rented a car there, and drove to Tucson. Now that we live in Tucson, I'd probably fly out of Tucson International. Tucson has nonstop service from several major hubs, including Chicago, LA, San Diego and New York City. I would fly direct to Tucson if I were coming from there.

Old 06-01-2007, 06:19 PM

253 posts, read 1,740,355 times
Whenever I took a flight in/out of Tucson, I would get fare quotes from both Tucson and PHX. Often, PHX is noticeably cheaper because it's a bigger airport and a hub for some airlines. There is a shuttle service in Tucson that takes 18 trips per day to Sky Harbor in PHX for $30, it's a 2 hour drive in a comfortable shuttle van. They have 3 pickup points in Tucson, 2 in central along Speedway and one in the NW on Orange Grove, then it's straight to PHX.

Old 06-05-2007, 06:54 PM

44,621 posts, read 61,584,987 times
Hey, we just drive down from Phoenix. It's only 2 hours and then you have a vehicle to sight see.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
View detailed profiles of: