Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-26-2010, 06:53 PM

9 posts, read 47,881 times

Advertisements

If one were to move to Oro Valley, does anyone have perspective on whether its better to live SE of CDO or NW of CDO? What are the best schools in OV?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2010, 07:36 PM

1,024 posts, read 2,748,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indyboy16 View Post
If one were to move to Oro Valley, does anyone have perspective on whether its better to live SE of CDO or NW of CDO? What are the best schools in OV?
NW of CDO for sure. Wilson and Copper Creek are considered the best elementary in OV. High School, Ironwood Ridge is much newer than CDO and is ranked higher, my neighbors all seem to really like it there.

Old 05-27-2010, 12:08 AM

4,922 posts, read 8,574,783 times
I'm in the CDO, Cross Middle and Copper Creek Elementary home area, but I know some neighbors take their kids to Ironwood Ridge. It's a really nice campus and the school has a good reputation. You don't want to live SE of CDO. NW is much nicer.

Old 05-27-2010, 07:15 AM

Here is the Oro Valley official site for all their schools Oro Valley Schools This shows elementary and high schools that serve the area. My kids went to Copper Creek, Coronado and CDO, Ironwood Ridge was not built yet when they were in high school. There is another site Great Schools that ranks the schools also. The Amphi District site show you all the schools in Oro Valley as well as the two middle schools Cross and Coronado (they serve Oro Valley but are not in Oro Valley). As mentioned by the othere posters Ironwood Ridge is a fairly new school. So is Wilson elementary. Wilson is also K-8 and is just about 1 mile from Ironwood Ridge High School. Copper Creek and Painted Sky are K-6. There are numerous permutations of grade school/middle school/ high school combinations you can have depending on where you live.

Old 05-28-2010, 11:36 AM

422 posts, read 1,271,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcy1210 View Post
I'm in the CDO, Cross Middle and Copper Creek Elementary home area, but I know some neighbors take their kids to Ironwood Ridge. It's a really nice campus and the school has a good reputation. You don't want to live SE of CDO. NW is much nicer.
I was under the impression that all of OV was a nice place to live. Why wouldn't you live SE of CDO? Just curious.

Old 05-28-2010, 04:22 PM

Location: Approximately 50 miles from Missoula MT/38 yrs full time after 4 yrs part time
2,308 posts, read 4,123,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcy1210 View Post
..................... You don't want to live SE of CDO. NW is much nicer..............................
Marcy.................

As "xwideopenskyx" has asked..............I too am courious as to the basis for your statement above..................Please understand, I am not "baiting" you, nor am I doubting your sincerity or knowledge of the general area...........I am truly wondering what makes a residence location SE of CDO less desireable than NW? Again, I am sincere in asking this...........

I do not live in the OV area or AZ, however for the last 5 winters I have rented homes for up to 5 months each winter, several of which are in the area in question. Specifically, on Camino Diestro, Pusch View Lane, Golf View Drive and Camino Corrida (all located SE of CDO, between 1st Ave and Linda Vista Blvd, on both sides of Oracle). I also have rented up north on Pioneer Way (up near the intersection of Moore Rd and Rancho V. Blvd). Schooling for children is not a concern of mine, being retired for several years and not having children or grand-children, leaves me with a shorter list of criteria. I am considering relocating to the OV area and have been trying to get a good feel for the OV area in general over these past few years---yes I have been in the area during June and July as well. Some of the homes (that are available for purchase in that area) are attractively priced..............and I don't think will go much lower........just a guess on my part.

I am wondering if you have knowledge of some negative factors related to residential locations that are SE of CDO, that I am not aware of.

Thanks for your in-put.

Old 05-28-2010, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montana Griz View Post
Marcy.................

As "xwideopenskyx" has asked..............I too am courious as to the basis for your statement above..................Please understand, I am not "baiting" you, nor am I doubting your sincerity or knowledge of the general area...........I am truly wondering what makes a residence location SE of CDO less desireable than NW? Again, I am sincere in asking this...........

I do not live in the OV area or AZ, however for the last 5 winters I have rented homes for up to 5 months each winter, several of which are in the area in question. Specifically, on Camino Diestro, Pusch View Lane, Golf View Drive and Camino Corrida (all located SE of CDO, between 1st Ave and Linda Vista Blvd, on both sides of Oracle). I also have rented up north on Pioneer Way (up near the intersection of Moore Rd and Rancho V. Blvd). Schooling for children is not a concern of mine, being retired for several years and not having children or grand-children, leaves me with a shorter list of criteria. I am considering relocating to the OV area and have been trying to get a good feel for the OV area in general over these past few years---yes I have been in the area during June and July as well. Some of the homes (that are available for purchase in that area) are attractively priced..............and I don't think will go much lower........just a guess on my part.

I am wondering if you have knowledge of some negative factors related to residential locations that are SE of CDO, that I am not aware of.

Thanks for your in-put.
Hey Montana, how are you doing? I think maybe we need to clarify what the Original Poster meant by "SE of CDO" Did he mean CDO High School or CDO wash??? The places you mentioned that you lived are very nice areas, are north of CDO High School but South of CDO wash! Not sure everyone is talking about the same area. There is not a whole lot of Oro Valley left south of CDO high school, as OV ends at Magee.

Old 05-28-2010, 11:34 PM

4,922 posts, read 8,574,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montana Griz View Post
Marcy.................

I am truly wondering what makes a residence location SE of CDO less desireable than NW? Again, I am sincere in asking this...........

Thanks for your in-put.
No, no negative factors, it's just too commercial for me, starting about Calle Concordia going south on Oracle. Where you mentioned living are beautiful areas, but they're not near the main drag of Oracle. I wouldn't want to live SE of the high school as you're getting too close to Hardy, Magee and Suffolk where the commercial area is and therefore, the traffic. I prefer being north of 1st or far enough east or west of Oracle for the more residential feeling. I don't like hearing sirens and screeching brakes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson