Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2008, 08:28 PM

21 posts, read 98,343 times

Advertisements

Oklahoma stopped being a dry state in the 50's, and added liquor by the drink in 1985 so I think you will be fine.

And "over to Texas"? Tulsa is three hours from Texas.

Old 03-13-2008, 09:09 PM

769 posts, read 2,233,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavazzDemise View Post
Oklahoma stopped being a dry state in the 50's, and added liquor by the drink in 1985 so I think you will be fine.

And "over to Texas"? Tulsa is three hours from Texas.
I know. I kept on asking them if it was really necessary and they kept on saying, "Yes, it is necessary. The liquor laws in this state are really crappy. That's why we are taking this long trip." Plus, they stated that there was really nothing to do in Tulsa so going on a roadtrip was fun. We used to stock up on enough beer for a house party.

Old 03-14-2008, 09:42 AM

7,525 posts, read 16,987,416 times
Nope. I don't agree. If your friends are going to Texas for booze it's because they are looking for something specific or local to the part of Texas they are going to or they just like the drive. It has nothing to do with the availability of major labels.

Old 03-14-2008, 04:57 PM

52,693 posts, read 47,969,279 times
Default Regarding North Tulsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schousse View Post
There is some of that going on but sadly, any improvements made are undone by the residents there immediately.

I have not seen much initiative from the residents in North Tulsa. Are they just sitting around and waiting for others to do it for them?
I wish I knew. How could anyone not want improvements in their neighborhood? To make a city vibrant, you have to have vision. That's where it begins.

Old 03-14-2008, 05:15 PM

4,080 posts, read 5,609,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post
Nope. I don't agree. If your friends are going to Texas for booze it's because they are looking for something specific or local to the part of Texas they are going to or they just like the drive. It has nothing to do with the availability of major labels.
You cant get real "big label" beer in OK. It is all 3.2%. I like Coors Light but the OKie 3.2 doesnt taste or feel like the "real" Coors Light. So in OK to get "real" beer you need to get it at the liquor store warm!! and they DO NOT carry the "big labels". Since Ive moved here I drink alot more whiskey than beer. I think the liqour laws in OK suck!! they act like its the 50's or something!

Old 03-14-2008, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by What! View Post
I know. I kept on asking them if it was really necessary and they kept on saying, "Yes, it is necessary. The liquor laws in this state are really crappy. That's why we are taking this long trip." Plus, they stated that there was really nothing to do in Tulsa so going on a roadtrip was fun. We used to stock up on enough beer for a house party.
And seeing that Tulsa is less than an hour from Arkansas and Kansas and less than an hour and a half from Missouri you story doesn't really add up.

That and the fact you've been able to buy all major (and minor) labels of liquor in Oklahoma legally for over half a century.

Old 03-14-2008, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post
You cant get real "big label" beer in OK. It is all 3.2%. I like Coors Light but the OKie 3.2 doesnt taste or feel like the "real" Coors Light. So in OK to get "real" beer you need to get it at the liquor store warm!! and they DO NOT carry the "big labels". Since Ive moved here I drink alot more whiskey than beer. I think the liqour laws in OK suck!! they act like its the 50's or something!
Coors was ALWAYS 3.2....why do you think they call it Colorado coolaid? And if you go to a decent liquor store you will find a world of selection of great beers. I tend to drink everything from Stouts to pilsner, and there is a lot of it all available if you bother to go to somewhere besides a supermarket.

Anyone who thinks light beer is all that great needs to develop a little maturity and taste. Try a genuine brew sometime. For a light beer get a Molsons or Labatts. for something with character, try a nice Bock, like Shiners (made in Texas). For a hearty beverage along side a meal like a Reuben sandwish, try a black and tan made from Guinness and Harps. But please.....calling Coors light a beer is like saying McDonalds makes a real hamburger.......

Old 03-15-2008, 08:03 AM

4,080 posts, read 5,609,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post
Coors was ALWAYS 3.2....why do you think they call it Colorado coolaid? And if you go to a decent liquor store you will find a world of selection of great beers. I tend to drink everything from Stouts to pilsner, and there is a lot of it all available if you bother to go to somewhere besides a supermarket.

Anyone who thinks light beer is all that great needs to develop a little maturity and taste. Try a genuine brew sometime. For a light beer get a Molsons or Labatts. for something with character, try a nice Bock, like Shiners (made in Texas). For a hearty beverage along side a meal like a Reuben sandwish, try a black and tan made from Guinness and Harps. But please.....calling Coors light a beer is like saying McDonalds makes a real hamburger.......
"Coors Light has an alcohol content of 4.2% compared with 5.0% of regular Coors" So you cant get REAL coors light in OK, you get OKIE Coors Light. You seriously think the beer laws are cool in OK???? I mean come on. My point wasnt about good beers or what you like to drink. I was stating that in OK you dont get the same beer as most rest of the country, period. You spoke like Ive never had a black and tan or drank anything by shiner, come on now. I prefer Mickeys and I used to like Coors Light. And for your own info Coors Light is brewed at 21% alcohol and watered down to 4.2% cause thats where it tastes best.

So yeah the beer and liquor laws in Tulsa suck.

Old 03-15-2008, 08:46 AM

Coors Light and Budweiser both have alcohol contents of about 3.2% to 3.5% by weight as opposed to the Oklahoma limit of 3.2% (for sale in grocery stores). The difference is .2%. And Kansas and other states have the same laws Oklahoma does so their grocery store beers are also "only" 3.2%.

Data here:

Note, on this chart the stats are by volume, the Oklahoma Law is written by weight. 4% by volume is equal to about 3.2% by weight.

Realbeer.com: Beer Alcohol Content And Carbs In Beer

Also, only national American brands like Miller and Coors don't sell their products in Oklahoma liquor stores. All the smaller brands and the international brands do sell beer in Oklahoma liquor stores and they are the beers that actually have more than 3.2% of alcohol.

Old 03-15-2008, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post
............ for your own info Coors Light is brewed at 21% alcohol and watered down to 4.2% cause thats where it tastes best..
For YOUR info, they ought to put it back in the horse............bad is bad, and Coors, Miller, Budweiser, and the rest of the "light" beers are bad.....tasteless.......not worth the money. So whether or not a beer is 3.2, 3.4, 4.1 or whatever is totally irrelevant. The fact that you CAN get good beers and ales is all the evidence I need to demonstrate that a decent alcoholic beverage can be had. That you can't get your favorite horse urine doesn't mean a thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa