Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2010, 10:11 PM

16,076 posts, read 28,623,962 times

Advertisements

I agree, I think she'll be fine if she'd relax a little.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
You might not be able to blame her, but someone trying to have a life with her will have every right to blame her. She needs to get it together if she plans on staying married. The man is already not into the reality/public world. Add to her dictating everything (which isn't watching P's & Q's) and I sure hope this doesn't end up being like watching Jon & Kate a few years from now. I'd hate to see her marriage dissolve on a reality show. Don't get me wrong, I think she's great, but she definitely needs to correct her issues if she plans on having a longlasting marriage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2010, 06:53 AM

1,786 posts, read 3,468,741 times
We all have to realize that her hormones are running amok. She was 6 months pregnant during that first episode. I thought she was a bit OTT regarding the house-warming - but decided in addition to opening her life to Jason, the cameras for a new show, etc., she also has the hormone thing to deal with. I'm cutting her slack!

Old 06-12-2010, 09:13 AM

1,488 posts, read 2,616,238 times
Quote:
A family can be wealthy AND live a tacky life at the same time. Her father was a prominent thoroughbred race horse trainer. Her step father was also in the horse racing business. That's how she spent her life at race tracks. Believe it when she says her life was upside down. I know a race car driver and he drags his children all over the country. Those poor children live at the car race tracks. I'm sure that's the norm for children from horse racing families too. Being sent away to boarding school is just another form of abuse among the wealthy. It doesn't matter how fine the prep school. Just imagine being sent away.
i know. i think they do it so they dont have to "deal" or "be bothered" with their kids. geez, its not like they're not going to go to college and be out of their faces soon.

Old 06-12-2010, 11:28 AM

23,913 posts, read 33,736,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cokatie View Post
We all have to realize that her hormones are running amok. She was 6 months pregnant during that first episode. I thought she was a bit OTT regarding the house-warming - but decided in addition to opening her life to Jason, the cameras for a new show, etc., she also has the hormone thing to deal with. I'm cutting her slack!
I didn't see her in NY Housewives so I have nothing to compare it to.

I thought she was fine. I don't doubt there was some editing.. when they walked into the jeweler, she mentioned how it was going to be a large fight or something like that & I wondered what she was talking about. I thought they both talked things out nicely.

As far as the house warming.. I don't blame her for being down that he was not there because he was the one who wanted it & didn't he say who to invite? I didn't think she knew his friends well enough to be comfortable with them staying over without her man there and who wouldn't feel that way? It's like meeting someone's parents for the 1st time & not knowing if you have anything in common or if they will like you.

Old 06-12-2010, 11:58 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,270,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
As far as the house warming.. I don't blame her for being down that he was not there because he was the one who wanted it & didn't he say who to invite? I didn't think she knew his friends well enough to be comfortable with them staying over without her man there and who wouldn't feel that way? It's like meeting someone's parents for the 1st time & not knowing if you have anything in common or if they will like you.
She didn't want them sleeping over LONG before she discovered he wouldn't be able to attend the party. His not attending was due to last minute snow storm.

Old 06-12-2010, 12:03 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,832,172 times
Quote:
She didn't want them sleeping over LONG before she discovered he wouldn't be able to attend the party. His not attending was due to last minute snow storm.
true.
Gotta say I found that odd. Lots of people sleep over when from out of town. It's called guests. Bethenny was weird about that

Old 06-12-2010, 02:50 PM

1,488 posts, read 2,616,238 times
i think its just something she's not used to. she'll have to learn to compromise on that one, definitely.

Old 06-12-2010, 02:58 PM

2,702 posts, read 6,043,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by taydev View Post
i think its just something she's not used to. she'll have to learn to compromise on that one, definitely.
Agreed!

Old 06-12-2010, 03:18 PM

1,863 posts, read 4,306,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creek Hollow View Post
You think those fine private boarding schools are so wonderful?

I worked for one and the pretentiousness was nauseating. Some of the kids had limos at their disposal 24/7. Some had parents who came to events in their private jet. Some were political people from DC. The moneyed people floating around was out of this world.

Some of the saddest stories came from and about those kids.

Parents would "forget" to pick them up at the end of the school year and kindly teachers would take them home until Mommy and Daddy (or a family representative) came to fetch them.

Some never saw their parents the entire school year. The reasons spanned the spectrum from ridiculous to unbelievable.

One child, who was adopted, was boarded for the year. Her sister, the biological child, went to the day school and was home every night with the parents.

So many sad stories among these fabulously wealthy kids.

So she went to an expensive, exclusive boarding school. Means nothing.
Wow! What crazy stories. Poor kids.

Old 06-14-2010, 10:04 AM

3,488 posts, read 8,233,946 times
Boarding school can also be great. I went at 15 to a school in a different country and never moved home again. If things were that crazy at home then going to a really good boarding school was probably the best thing for her.

I posted this on the RHNY thread and agree totally with those who say Bethany needs to be more flexible with her man or he'll either be completely demasculated in a few years.... or he'll be gone.

Just watching a rerun of Bethany Getting Married.

I like it so far, but boy Jason is kind of whipped!

Also what was she wearing at that party - so funny, I thought it was only Carrie from SATC wore tutus!

Is the dog hers or Jasons? OMG it needs some freaking training sessions - what a horrible animal, my dog would be in so much trouble if she kept randomely attacking people!

I felt so bad for Bethany when she went to the therapist - I guess it's not so surprising that she seems so brittle some times. What a shame about her Dad being mean right up until the end and blaming her for stuff she did when she was tiny.

Love the frank giving birth talk - hilarious! I'm definitely going to give the show a shot and see how it shapes up. I like how 'real' it seems after Housewives which all seems so set up to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV