Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-03-2011, 10:33 AM

32,944 posts, read 3,927,237 times

Advertisements

So, so glad to see Christine go home last night!

And even though Christian is full of himself, I don't think what he said about Jennifer's rissoto was that big a deal. "It's good, but I've had better." He is not intimidated much by Gordon and I like that. Yes, he is arrogant, but so is Gordon and maybe that's why they butt heads.

Last edited by geebabe; 08-03-2011 at 10:37 AM.. Reason: typo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2011, 10:39 AM

3,805 posts, read 6,354,957 times
Christian's arrogance knows no bounds. When he made that remark about how "they were judging him more harshly because he was so much better than all the others and that he was destined to be a great chef" he showed just how full of himself he is. What a jerk.

Last edited by sayulita; 08-03-2011 at 10:52 AM..

Old 08-03-2011, 10:50 AM

32,944 posts, read 3,927,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sayulita View Post
Christian's arrogance knows no bounds. When he made that remark about how "they were judging him more harshly because he was so much better than all the others and that he was destined to be a great chef" showed just how full of himself he is. What a jerk.
Very true. And also, nothing is ever his fault like with the kid challenge.

Old 08-03-2011, 02:58 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,736,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geebabe View Post
So, so glad to see Christine go home last night!

And even though Christian is full of himself, I don't think what he said about Jennifer's rissoto was that big a deal. "It's good, but I've had better." He is not intimidated much by Gordon and I like that. Yes, he is arrogant, but so is Gordon and maybe that's why they butt heads.
Gordon Ramsay is a world renowned chef. Christian is a nobody with a bad attitude. How can you compare them?

Old 08-03-2011, 05:46 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,189,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherifftruman View Post
My wife was pointing out, who would want to buy a cookbook from him? With all the other product placement they are doing, surely the production has a financial interest in the cookbook sales.

THAT is an excellent point! I think your wife may be onto something there, Sheriff!

Old 08-03-2011, 06:02 PM

608 posts, read 1,708,143 times
I'm annoyed that both of the contestants I was rooting for got eliminated on the same show!!! I didn't expect either of them to win, but I at least wanted to be able to root for one of them in a few more shows.

Not sure who I'm rooting for now: maybe Ben Starr; maybe Adrien. Definitely not Christian. And definitely, definitely not Suzy, who I actually find more annoying than Christian.

I've actually been very impressed with the quality of the contestants on MC this year. Everyone in the top 8 is very good.

As arrogant as Christian is, I still don't find him nearly as bad as Sharone was in Season 1. That guy was a total douche.

Old 08-03-2011, 06:14 PM

608 posts, read 1,708,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geebabe View Post
It goes beyond merely being arrogant. It's to the point that Christian can't even acknowledge that anyone else might be a good cook, because he's so full of himself. I realize a lot of chefs are arrogant, but I think on some level, when you can't even objectively judge others' food (and your own), it becomes a detriment.

During all the challenges, he basically runs the team like a dictator. No one's input other than his own counts. Even when people are telling him things that are potentially wrong, he ignores them and assumes they don't know what they are talking about.

He might be a good cook, but he's so arrogant, I think he would have some issues effectively running a kitchen. In fact, that might explain his title of "stay-at-home father."

I mean, really ... "stay-at-home father" would seem to be a PC way of saying 'unemployed and not interested in working' unless he has a wife with good employment and a child under maybe 4 years of age.

Certainly, he wouldn't seem to have a problem getting a job at a restaurant with his cooking skills, and he's apparently worked as a chef in the past (which sort of calls into question the idea that he's an "amateur chef"). So why does he not work?

Old 08-04-2011, 01:49 PM

2,303 posts, read 5,679,059 times
Right now I'm rooting for Ben Starr to win. He has such a great personality and he has been humble throughout the competition. I'm one of those emotional watchers who puts personality over talent, but it's just who I am. Christian is a prick. Self-righteous and full of himself. I knew eventually a true villain would emerge and I guess that's why Max was only needed for a few weeks. I'm also liking Jennifer. I really at this point wouldn't care who wins as long as it's not Christian. Even Suzy doesn't really bother me.

Old 08-04-2011, 06:40 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,736,850 times
I'm beginning to think Tracy is a real contender as well. She's very quiet but she consistently puts out good food.

Old 08-05-2011, 02:49 PM

14,785 posts, read 24,078,334 times
I think Christian might have found a stupid woman to put up with him not working and he is probably so arrogant that his boss could not put up with him . I really like Jennifer and Ben Starr . Either one of those people winning would be okay with me . Suzy is kind of stuck up to me . I just want christian to go home and let everyone see he was kicked off master chef LOL !!! I m glad Joe brought him down a peg or two and so did Gordon for that matter . Jennifer is a better cook than Chrisitian !!! Hands down and so is Ben Starr .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV