Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-17-2011, 07:46 AM

32,944 posts, read 3,943,691 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncopus99 View Post
Plain robbery. Adrian or Christian should have won.

Jennifer wasn't anywhere close to the best chef this season. Not worthy of Masterchef. Period.
You're absolutely correct. I couldn't believe it when they didn't call Adrian's name.
Jennifer shouldn't have made it to the final two (three or four either).
Everyone keeps talking about how arrogant Christian is, but they must be overlooking how Jennifer is very arrogant as well. For some reason that was o.k.
Personally I don't care how arrogant any of them were, it was supposed to be about the food. Jennifer should have been kicked off weeks ago. Hmm, maybe when her dish was thrown in the garbage can?!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2011, 07:52 AM

9,408 posts, read 13,766,256 times
Jennifer absolutely deserved to win. Her last couple of dishes were very complex and difficult to execute and she nailed them.

Good riddance Christian...complete douche of the year award is all he deserves.

Adrian was just a bit too one dimensional and that's why he didn't win.

I really enjoyed this MasterChef.

Old 08-17-2011, 08:38 AM
bjh

60,243 posts, read 30,499,773 times
A close final, but congrats to Jennifer.

Hilarious that Christian was so shocked when he realized mushrooms were a good choice for Jennifer. He is one of those arrogant to the point of insanity types.

Old 08-17-2011, 11:14 AM

5,244 posts, read 4,715,677 times
I really wanted Adrien to win but was happy for Jennifer. Although, like one of the others that was eliminated, I wished Adrien would have gotten cordon bleu training out of it or something, man, he was soooo close!!!

Old 08-17-2011, 11:23 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,581,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by therewego View Post
I really wanted Adrien to win but was happy for Jennifer. Although, like one of the others that was eliminated, I wished Adrien would have gotten cordon bleu training out of it or something, man, he was soooo close!!!
I think that Adrian has really proven himself and will probably have the stronger career of the final two. Yes, Jennifer won based on the final challenge but Adrian was more consistent and took risks over the entire competition.

Old 08-17-2011, 02:13 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,253,657 times
When GR told J and A to switch places with the judges, I was hoping GR would do another "first time in MC history" and make them BOTH winners.

I would not have been able to pick a winner. They both were excellent. They both had screw ups. They both nailed it. Who was teaching Adrien how to decorate those dishes?? I don't go for froo-froo stuff like that but they were pretty.

Did anyone notice Christian didn't congratulate Jennifer? Not at least when the cameras were still rolling. We can add SORE LOSER to arrogant and pompous. I'm SO glad he didn't win. I bet his attitude cost him the win.

Jennifer arrogant?? Musta been watching another show. The only person I saw her "arrogant" about was Christian.

Weren't those quail just the cutest things??

I had no idea you ate the suction cups of octopus! YICK!!!!!! Yick to octopus and squid to begin with! Of course I ate squid once, until I found out what I had been happily shoveling into my mouth!

I bet one of the chefs will offer Adrien a job as a chef at one of their resteraunts. He looked great when he was walking his dishes to the judges' table. Nice straight head and shoulders.

The way GR glowed over Jennifer's scallops....bet he was wondering why no one on HK can do that! I know I was wondering!

Good season.

Old 08-17-2011, 05:36 PM

1,966 posts, read 4,351,184 times
Glad that DB Christian lost in the semi's. While a good cook, he was just too dern arrogant and full of himself. Loved the part where GR told him to earn a few Michelin stars before criticizing others on cooking.

As to the final, both did good. I thought that Adrien's dessert was plated fantastic but lost the final with the dryness of the cake, on the other hand Jennifer's was sort of boring in the looks department but gave the 3 judges a better taste and it gave her the win.

Congrats to Jennifer but I agree that Adrien will be cooking in one of the judges restaurants soon if not already.

Old 08-17-2011, 05:46 PM

12,406 posts, read 19,010,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
I am also rooting for Jennifer . Suzy cannot stand that little witch she is an arrogant POS too . Go back to the lab honey cause you dont know how to relate to people maybe you do better with your lab rats than you do with people !!! I really adore Joes mother Miss Lydia from Lydias kitchen . Im glad that Joe brought Christian down a peg or two .I would love to see Christian bite the dust as well . Yeah Im kind of sad that Ben is gone too he was a nice person and I could see how GR was rather fond of him . I think GR is kind of sweet on Jennifer and so is Graham . I hope she wins and shows them all mainly christian and suzy being arrogant does not get you anywhere .
I think if any show is down to two contestants and one is a pretty blond girl, Ramsay will predictably choose the blond. I think it's a weakness of his.

Jennifer was arrogant. I don't like that in people, always saying you are better than the next guy to try to intimidate him. It makes for good tv, though.

Last edited by goldengrain; 08-17-2011 at 05:56 PM..

Old 08-17-2011, 05:52 PM

12,406 posts, read 19,010,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by therewego View Post
Yeah. What was that about. Training for only one person, and that even was not given to a finalist?

Old 08-17-2011, 06:34 PM

2,119 posts, read 3,029,711 times
Compare her scallops to scallops on HK, I don't think I've seen them that seared on HK without him yelling about it. Maybe it's just my eyesight.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV