Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-24-2012, 10:27 AM

2,722 posts, read 5,480,701 times

Advertisements

Yes I did notice all of that.
It's cool. He got his second chance, now he can shine on...hopefully.

I found it funny that Ramsey and crew thought his tart was going to be a disaster and would simply not work with the exotic fruit and yet the decision was unanimous.
Guess they were way off this one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2012, 02:03 PM

9,338 posts, read 7,133,402 times
Right! My wife and I said the same thing! The chefs were hesitant to buy into the idea of Josh's tart as they watched him cook. I'm glad the cast members got it right.

Ryan did seem like he was a pretty good chef, but Josh really seems to have the potential to win it all. The remaining chefs fear him. Hard to believe he's just 24 years old, the guy is a beast in the kitchen.

Old 07-25-2012, 01:40 AM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
7,484 posts, read 10,472,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
You're right...David Martinez. And i agree with you that there's no way he should still be there.

Did you notice when chef Ramsey asked them who should not be up there in the top 5, both Ryan and Josh said David Martinez.

The way chefs are kicked off the show is kinda making it weird. There's no way that Josh, who most of the people left in the competition said that Josh was top 5 material, should've gone home in the first place.

and if you guys remember a few weeks back, Josh should've been picked by his team to be safe from the pressure challenge, because he screwed up the least during that cowboy steak service. He was the one that told Monti the sweet mash taters would be a bad idea, but she did it anyway, and it ended up being the downfall of the team. Also, when that one girl was on steaks and burning them, she called Josh in to take over the grill and save the day, which he did.
I love watching the show but absolutely the show is purposely programmed for drama. I believe that Josh going home and then being given a second chance was in the shows plan all along. However I am glad he is back

Old 07-25-2012, 09:45 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,259,311 times
I think David should have gone home last night instead of Felix. David is way more inconsistent that Felix is. Last night didn't say much about David's mother's cooking, did it? That was nice of Becky to give David the rice. How the hell could he have forgotten the rice? I wonder if Josh was embarassed that everyone would have given David rice except him. Apparently none of the judges would've either. That's cold.

Old 07-25-2012, 03:25 PM

884 posts, read 1,063,789 times
Felix definitely did not deserve to go home before David who had the advantage and still screwed up (forgot the rice) and borrowed from Becky.....and he's still on the show???? WOW!

Old 07-26-2012, 05:14 AM

198 posts, read 422,567 times
i agree with tami and elizabeth...david should have gone not felix!

Old 07-26-2012, 09:49 AM

861 posts, read 1,150,590 times
Considering the performance all season by David, I think the producers want him to stay until the end. He has been up for elimination almost every week and yet he is still on the show. Felix got royally hosed this week. I hope David gets the boot soon.

Go Monti!!!!
Go Christine!!!!

Old 07-29-2012, 12:47 PM

12,406 posts, read 19,012,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
sorry I stopped watching this show after the first year it got boring and the same old same old and honestly I dont ike stuck up ppl and that Joe guy who is the lady( lydia s off pbs ) her son . I cannot believe that she is so nice and she kind of watches peoples feelings at least that is the vibe I got from her when they had her on there . I just think he is really rude to people at times and cannot stand to watch someone being berated or belittled .
That's wrong. There are, to me, obvious personas that the judges are expected to portray on the show. I saw Joe on that wine tasting show that used to follow Lydia's and he is just a darling, not that aloof guy at all. It's an act and I think he does it well.

Lydia goes a bit overboard, I think, with Italian this and Italian that. Too much pride in one's heritage, at least verbalizing it every chance you get, is just boring to me. The few Swedes who I met (at least knowingly) were that way. They just could not help interjecting how wonderful everything Swedish was at every opportunity. It really turned me off.

I think you can tell something about a person's character by looking at how their employees treat them. Lydia had one of her employees on the show and he was exceptionally deferential to her, making me feel as though she may be somewhat of a headstrong prima donna and does not give employees much slack, and maybe not much respect, either.

I like her, too, by the way.

Old 08-01-2012, 12:14 PM

2,303 posts, read 5,687,638 times
I'm rooting for Josh. Not only because he is a great chef, but because he is easy on the eyes

I really don't care who wins, even if he doesn't, because they're all likeable. David Martinez doesn't deserve the win. Maybe he's better off in administration, his first career.

Old 08-01-2012, 06:33 PM

12,406 posts, read 19,012,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBrakeforTailgaters View Post
I'm rooting for Josh. Not only because he is a great chef, but because he is easy on the eyes

I really don't care who wins, even if he doesn't, because they're all likeable. David Martinez doesn't deserve the win. Maybe he's better off in administration, his first career.
Yeah. I think Josh is cute, too. I did not expect him to also be so talented.
I also agree with you about David. Inconsistent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV