Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-17-2012, 07:34 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,139,562 times

Advertisements

Yeah, I thought it was funny how many times they plugged Wally World.

And I don't know about anybody else, but I was extremely disappointed with the way last night's episode turned out. I thought Josh should've stuck up for himself more for the one individual who was safe from the pressure challenge, and it turned out costing him his time on the show.

Not only did Josh suggest that Monti NOT cook sweet potatoes because they took too much time (yet Monti insisted, and they ended up running out of sweet potatoes during service, and was the downfall of the service)

and when that one girl was having problems on the grill, she asked Josh to come in and take over to save the steaks, which he did.

It was an ugly service overall, but in my opinion Josh screwed up the least. He should've stuck up for himself and demanded that he be safe.

And beyond just last night, Josh has been a pretty steady competitior overall through the entire show so far. he is much better than Felix. One of the few things I like more about hell's Kitchen than Masterchef. In Masterchef, you can be doing great the whole season, but get sent home because of just one bad service. in HK, at least Chef Ramsey takes your overall body of work on the show when determining who goes home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2012, 08:13 AM

25,836 posts, read 20,776,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
Yeah, I thought it was funny how many times they plugged Wally World.

And I don't know about anybody else, but I was extremely disappointed with the way last night's episode turned out. I thought Josh should've stuck up for himself more for the one individual who was safe from the pressure challenge, and it turned out costing him his time on the show.

Not only did Josh suggest that Monti NOT cook sweet potatoes because they took too much time (yet Monti insisted, and they ended up running out of sweet potatoes during service, and was the downfall of the service)

and when that one girl was having problems on the grill, she asked Josh to come in and take over to save the steaks, which he did.

It was an ugly service overall, but in my opinion Josh screwed up the least. He should've stuck up for himself and demanded that he be safe.

And beyond just last night, Josh has been a pretty steady competitior overall through the entire show so far. he is much better than Felix. One of the few things I like more about hell's Kitchen than Masterchef. In Masterchef, you can be doing great the whole season, but get sent home because of just one bad service. in HK, at least Chef Ramsey takes your overall body of work on the show when determining who goes home.
I agree completely. Josh really got the worst of it. I guess it doesn't pay to be a gentleman.
At least he got some well-deserved recognition at the end.

Old 07-18-2012, 01:14 AM

608 posts, read 1,712,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
One of the few things I like more about hell's Kitchen than Masterchef. In Masterchef, you can be doing great the whole season, but get sent home because of just one bad service. in HK, at least Chef Ramsey takes your overall body of work on the show when determining who goes home.
I totally agree. In the past two seasons, it never ended up working out all that badly, but this season, it seems like a lot of the best chefs have already been eliminated.

Ryan probably should've been in the top 6, but got eliminated fairly early because of the format. Tanya seemed pretty good, as well. At the very least, Tali should've been eliminated before her. Tali made it much further than he should have because of the format, even though he was consistently amongst the bottom performers, and seemed outright delusional. Josh had definitely proven he was one of the best chefs there and deserved to stay a bit longer.

In fairness, the competition seems to have attracted the highest quality pool of chefs this year. It seems like maybe 7-8 of the chefs from this year, could've been top 3 in previous seasons.

Guess I'm rooting for Monti to win now. I also like Frank. I find myself annoyed by Becky. Frankly, I'd be pretty happy if any of them other than Becky won. I like all the rest of the contestants.

Old 07-18-2012, 11:05 AM
JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,347,826 times
It's looking like Monti is going to be top 3. She's made some mistakes throughout this season, like the sweet potato incident, but her food quality has been excellent every week.

Old 07-18-2012, 06:19 PM

9,896 posts, read 22,088,518 times
The steak & onion rings sure looked good. Also so did the sauce. Those were 16 oz steaks. Did each cowboy & cowgirl (101 total) get to eat both steaks (1 from each team) ?

Old 07-18-2012, 06:30 PM

5,504 posts, read 6,264,672 times
What I love about MC is that none of the contestants are "Chefs", they are home cooks, very good home cooks IMO.

Old 07-19-2012, 06:58 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,139,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelsie View Post
What I love about MC is that none of the contestants are "Chefs", they are home cooks, very good home cooks IMO.
Agreed. I think the quality of talent on MC is head and shoulders above HK, even though most contestants on there claim to be some sort of experienced chef...

Old 07-19-2012, 08:16 AM

9,896 posts, read 22,088,518 times
It was lame how they all cherish paula dean (esp monti hall). Her southern accent annoys me Plus shes a proven liar.

Old 07-19-2012, 09:29 AM
JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,347,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steel7 View Post
It was lame how they all cherish paula dean (esp monti hall). Her southern accent annoys me Plus shes a proven liar.
Well, how were they supposed to react? They all want to win, so if they all said "meh" when they revealed Paula Dean, they might as well shut down their burners and go home.

Old 07-19-2012, 10:03 AM

25,836 posts, read 20,776,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPD View Post
Well, how were they supposed to react? They all want to win, so if they all said "meh" when they revealed Paula Dean, they might as well shut down their burners and go home.

Say what one will about her, she has been extraordinarily successful in her chosen profession and no doubt could provide excellent connections, etc. for someone just starting out.
Only a fool would scoff at that opportunity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV