Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2011, 05:46 PM

2,058 posts, read 5,865,235 times

Advertisements

For those of you who hated the finale (myself included), what did you think of the remake finale on Curb Your Enthusiasm? I thought that was brilliant... how George lost all his millions from the itoilet in the Madoff ponzi scheme.... CYE is a modern day Sienfeld... Larry David is wicked talented!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2011, 08:05 PM

1,786 posts, read 3,463,832 times
"These pretzels are making me thirsty ..."

Old 01-03-2011, 08:27 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,806,506 times
some of my favorite Elaine scenes/lines:

"He recycled this gift. He's a regifter."

"Maybe the Dingo Ate Your Baby"

"Stella!"

"You want a Christmas card!? Here's your Christmas card!"

Jerry: "What about the breathing, the panting... the moaning, the screaming?"
Elaine: "Fake, fake...fake, fake!"

Old 01-03-2011, 09:38 PM

2,754 posts, read 6,104,526 times
I love Seinfeld and have seen every single episode at least once.
Alas, I can't relate to the shrinkage thing, however; mine actually gets bigger in cold water.
And harder.
Go figure.

Old 01-03-2011, 09:45 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,806,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrummerBoy View Post
I love Seinfeld and have seen every single episode at least once.
Alas, I can't relate to the shrinkage thing, however; mine actually gets bigger in cold water.
And harder.
Go figure.
TMI

Old 01-03-2011, 09:57 PM

323 posts, read 529,554 times
What I like about the show is how they take real life situations that many people can relate to and make them funny. Such as
- Elaine can't sleep cause the neighbors dog is yapping all night so she kidnaps him
- Jerry snatching that loaf of bread - you old bag
- Double dipping
- Elaine's dancing
- George who really doesn't want to get married buys cheap wedding invites and fiance dies from licking the envelops
- observing an operation and drop juju balls
- old folks eating at 3pm - early bird special
There are so many.

Old 01-04-2011, 01:05 AM

3,219 posts, read 7,086,085 times
Oh man, I forgot about Jerry mugging that old woman for the marble rye. And George getting caught by the Ross's, trying to reel that rye in their window with a fishing pole. "Schnitzers".

I own the entire show on DVD.

Kramer: "So then you asked yourselves, isn't there something more to life?"
Jerry: "Yes we did."
Kramer: "Well, let me clue you in on something. There isn't."

George: "You should've seen the look on her face. It was the exact look my father gave me when I told him I wanted to be a ventriloquist."

Frank Costanza: "SERENITY NOW! SERENITY NOW!"

Old 01-04-2011, 07:54 AM

8,757 posts, read 9,473,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4sankofa View Post
What I like about the show is how they take real life situations that many people can relate to and make them funny. Such as
- Elaine can't sleep cause the neighbors dog is yapping all night so she kidnaps him
- Jerry snatching that loaf of bread - you old bag- Double dipping
- Elaine's dancing- George who really doesn't want to get married buys cheap wedding invites and fiance dies from licking the envelops
- observing an operation and drop juju balls- old folks eating at 3pm - early bird special
There are so many.
Those are some of my favorite episodes. Elaine's dancing, I don't think I stopped talking and laughing about that one for weeks. I nearly fell off my chair holding my sides, when that one aired.

Old 01-04-2011, 09:23 AM

313 posts, read 402,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4sankofa View Post
What I like about the show is how they take real life situations that many people can relate to and make them funny.
Exactly! Seinfeld-lovers get the whole point/joke about it being "a show about nothing". It's about life and situations, and even if I myself have not found myself in the situations, I can see the humor in it. Truly a brilliant show!

P.S. Anyone find themselves recognizing a bit character on another show and exclaiming their Seinfeld name, for example "Lloyd Brawwwn" like I did last night when he came on "The Closer"

Old 01-04-2011, 12:57 PM

27 posts, read 80,465 times
"The ocean called, their running out of shrimp."
"Oh yeah, the jerk store called, their running out of you."
"What's the difference, you're their all-time bestseller?"
"Well...I had sex with your wife!"
"His wife is in a coma..."

So many...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV