Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-04-2010, 11:02 AM

8,228 posts, read 14,264,745 times

Advertisements

I agree that casting is crucial. I do not like recruited mactors but I suppose there are mactors who are also real fans of the game who can apply and considred like everyone else. Alina at least and perhaps Brenda may fall into that category.

My understand is that Dan was recuited and that has been a total mistake.

Although I sort of like the idea of people who don't know much about the game playing. Not sure how you get them to play without recruiting since they are unlikely to apply.

As fans we all like to fantasize about the things we would do to prepare to survive, what strategies we would employ based on all the seasons we have watched, what we would look for in an alliance.

And yet, if you could recruit the right type someone without all that knowledge about alliances etc. - well it would be a more entertaining game wouldn't it? Fresh, who knows what they would come up with?

Old 12-04-2010, 12:59 PM

4,061 posts, read 9,913,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
Actually in the beginning they did get to bring a personal item from home. All of it was searched to make sure there were no advantages that could be used in the game. Colby brought a big Confederate flag in his 1st season he used it to wrap up in at times. The skimpy bathing suits brings in ratings showing T&A.

Then one season somebody did sneak in some kind of food or candy that others found out about. They put a stop to the personal items after that.

Giving up my toothbrush would be the hardest thing on me I think. Stinky bodies everybody would have but to have a nasty foul tasting mouth oh my that would be hard to deal with.

I bet there will be a new clause castmates will have to sign saying they can't quit. Or maybe if they quit they have to secure and pay for their way back home????

I would also think that the recruiting dept would be handed their butts when this season wrapped. It would be more real if it got back to folks who truly tried out for the show. But the common bus drivers, moms, fast food manager etc. are not high ratings because they want the model types for ratings.

I know it has to come to an end sooner or later but I hope it is not coming to an end just yet. Makes ya wonder with the past few season's recruits though.
I would not be a happy camper without my Survivor...they'd better step it up!

Old 12-04-2010, 02:51 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,275,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post

"Brenda was the only one that I cared about because I had an alliance with her and could have saved her with the idol. But I kept it and quit the next day." <<<< NaOinker

Okaaayyyy....who gave Chase their HII??? Wasn't it the Oinker?? Man, that chick lies about everything!!! She wouldn't know truth if it came up and bit her!!!

Maybe I'm reading her statement wrong.

Old 12-04-2010, 03:20 PM

Maybe she means she kept it instead of giving it to Brenda, and then she quit, but just didn't say she gave it to Chase. She did nothing to support her alliance.

Old 12-04-2010, 03:37 PM

1,786 posts, read 3,470,675 times
The minute she gave that II to Chase, I knew she was out. Would have been nice to have given it to Holly, but ... there is no loyalty vibes given out by Nay.

I think Jeff should have tossed their torches into the fire, told the two of them to get out and have the producers bring back 2 of the past tribe members that did not make it to jury.

Old 12-04-2010, 07:09 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,540,882 times
Quote:
Then you wouldn't try out to be on the show knowing you couldn't endure the journey right? You know what you can and can not endure. That is all I'm saying don't apply if you aren't ready to be pushed to the extremes.
I wouldn't but not everyone can predict how they will react to the conditions. Especially physically. Watching it from home in our comfy chairs someone may think they can do it but being there is entirely different.

And I really don't think anyone can realize the psychological effects the situation can have on them. No one really knows how they will behave in extreme circumstances. But one good thing that may come out of this is that perhaps future possible contestants will give more thought to whether or not they think they will be able to make it.

Old 12-04-2010, 07:10 PM

874 posts, read 1,663,827 times
Why did she give it to Chase?

Old 12-04-2010, 08:32 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,842,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minervah View Post
I wouldn't but not everyone can predict how they will react to the conditions. Especially physically. Watching it from home in our comfy chairs someone may think they can do it but being there is entirely different.

And I really don't think anyone can realize the psychological effects the situation can have on them. No one really knows how they will behave in extreme circumstances. But one good thing that may come out of this is that perhaps future possible contestants will give more thought to whether or not they think they will be able to make it.
you are correct. Wanting to do it and being capable of doing it are miles apart.

Old 12-04-2010, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by altlover85 View Post
Why did she give it to Chase?
He was really very nice to her, once when it was raining and she was crying he told her a story to get her mind off of her misery.

Old 12-05-2010, 08:49 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,275,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobrien View Post
Maybe she means she kept it instead of giving it to Brenda, and then she quit, but just didn't say she gave it to Chase. She did nothing to support her alliance.
Yes, I think you are correct about what Oinker meant, go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cokatie View Post
The minute she gave that II to Chase, I knew she was out. Would have been nice to have given it to Holly, but ... there is no loyalty vibes given out by Nay.

I think Jeff should have tossed their torches into the fire, told the two of them to get out and have the producers bring back 2 of the past tribe members that did not make it to jury.
That's what I said to hubby right then and there while it was playing out, cokatie. I would have loved to have seen him do that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobrien View Post
He was really very nice to her, once when it was raining and she was crying he told her a story to get her mind off of her misery.
Didn't the Oinker also say in that piece that Pippy posted, that she sat there shivering in Chase's socks? She got more kindness out of him than she deserved.

I hate the way they recruite for the show but I read something many years ago that "normal", everyday people like you and I don't try out for Survivor because they can't leave their job for 3 months and expect to have one when they come back. IDK, with the jobless situation out there, I'd think more "normal" people would jump at the chance to be on the show now! Ya think??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV