Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2012, 05:05 AM

34 posts, read 54,636 times

Advertisements

If you have Netflix or something like it, there were two Doc Martin movies made before the TV show, if you like the show, you should watch them.
He is normal ( I mean no Aspeger syndrome (sp)), but still fun to watch.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2012, 06:15 AM

26,272 posts, read 8,438,303 times
Martin Clunes, who plays Doc Martin, is a very famous actor of long standing here in England. He is very busy, and appears in lots of different programmes. The scenery in 'Doc Martin' is very typical of Cornwall. I have had a few vacations there, it is just beautiful.

Years ago, Martin appeared in a comedy series called 'Men Behaving Badly.' It was very funny. Did it get shown in America?

Old 12-05-2012, 09:28 AM

10,942 posts, read 10,265,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by senga View Post
If you have Netflix or something like it, there were two Doc Martin movies made before the TV show, if you like the show, you should watch them.
He is normal ( I mean no Aspeger syndrome (sp)), but still fun to watch.
I didn't realize there were Doc Martin movies. I found them both on Netflix.

Thanks for the head's up - I will definitely be watching them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
Martin Clunes, who plays Doc Martin, is a very famous actor of long standing here in England. He is very busy, and appears in lots of different programmes. The scenery in 'Doc Martin' is very typical of Cornwall. I have had a few vacations there, it is just beautiful.
Have you ever seen the movie Waking Ned Devine? It was filmed on the Isle of Wight and also has beautiful scenery - stunning, actually.

Quote:
Years ago, Martin appeared in a comedy series called 'Men Behaving Badly.' It was very funny. Did it get shown in America?
Ha! I don't know if it was ever shown in America but it is available at the same on-line site that I'm watching Doc Martin at.

I'm going to watch the first episode (from 1992) later this morning.

Thanks.

Old 12-05-2012, 09:53 AM

'Men Behaving Badly' wasn't very good in the first series. There was a gap of a couple of years, and came back with a different male co-star with Martin. It then became very funny. In a very British way of course. Not quite sure how it will play to Americans......

Old 12-05-2012, 09:57 AM

74 posts, read 249,036 times
We just finished the series available on NetFlix and await Series 6! Highly entertaining.

Old 12-05-2012, 03:13 PM

11,646 posts, read 12,724,857 times
I've seen some parts of Men Behaving Badly, the one with the co-star. I've also seen Martin Clune in a situation comedy where he plays, I think a teenager or young adult, still lving with his parents. I can't recall the name.

The first movie with the Doc Martin character, stars and was co-written by Craig Ferguson, who is partially responsible for the creation of the character. IMO, this was the better of the 2 movies. Was Martin Clune ever on Craig Ferguson's US show? I had always hoped he would make an appearance. I also love Caroline Catz and have seen her in a few things.

Old 12-05-2012, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coney View Post
I've seen some parts of Men Behaving Badly, the one with the co-star. I've also seen Martin Clune in a situation comedy where he plays, I think a teenager or young adult, still lving with his parents. I can't recall the name.

The first movie with the Doc Martin character, stars and was co-written by Craig Ferguson, who is partially responsible for the creation of the character. IMO, this was the better of the 2 movies. Was Martin Clune ever on Craig Ferguson's US show? I had always hoped he would make an appearance. I also love Caroline Catz and have seen her in a few things.
I watched the first two episodes of MBB and it's pretty good.

I'll probably try to watch the movies this weekend.

Old 12-06-2012, 12:23 AM

Martin was in a new three part programme called 'The Town' starting last night. He isn't a man who seems to like the limelight much. I have never seen him on a chat show. A while back he did a documentary about wild horses. He came over as a real nice, compassionate man.

Old 12-06-2012, 09:28 AM

11,646 posts, read 12,724,857 times
I did see a clip of him on a British chat show some time ago talking about his dogs. Apparently, he is a big animal and dog lover even though Doc Martin can't stand dogs.

Old 12-06-2012, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coney View Post
I did see a clip of him on a British chat show some time ago talking about his dogs. Apparently, he is a big animal and dog lover even though Doc Martin can't stand dogs.
LOL

I'm wondering how long before he adopts the dog that has attached itself to him in the first few episodes of the show (don't tell me - I'm probably going to watch another episode this morning).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV