Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-28-2014, 12:06 AM

21,109 posts, read 13,595,678 times

Advertisements

Apparently the DVR picked up a re-run.

How do you not take a child to the Dr if she is not taking in fluids?

And she was laying on the couch in that little blanket with her bare feet sticking out.

Again, I would take a PET in for not drinking - and way before 5 days - duh!

And no one really seems that concerned. Even one of the kids stated that.

UGH.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2014, 12:12 AM

21,109 posts, read 13,595,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by breeinmo. View Post
I know Day, that baby broke my heart and I was trying not to judge the family, but just HOW LONG did she go without fluids? I get just thinking she had the flu, but she's so tiny and fragile looking, I hope as a mom, I'd have taken her in sooner. I hope she doesn't have trouble for the rest of her life over this.

Still talking about that dang party p.o.'d me. And that stupid cake, come on, you had a sick baby at home. True, they didn't know how bad off she was, but I sure wouldn't leave my ill child to plan a party. They're sure acting like they have unlimited funds lately. Shouldn't they be saving up for when their show gets canceled?

And as far as Mari telling Kodi he didn't have to go take the kid to college, it wouldn't even needed to be mentioned if it were my family.
5 days. !

Old 01-28-2014, 12:17 AM

3,769 posts, read 8,810,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
Apparently the DVR picked up a re-run.

How do you not take a child to the Dr if she is not taking in fluids?

And she was laying on the couch in that little blanket with her bare feet sticking out.

Again, I would take a PET in for not drinking - and way before 5 days - duh!

And no one really seems that concerned. Even one of the kids stated that.

UGH.
Poor Aspyn was so sad. It broke my heart. And not trying to be mean, but did you see Truly's teeth? My kids began their dental check ins before they even had teeth (yes I am extreme but)? I can tell there's something wrong with that child. I just want to beat all the adults' asses - starting with Kody, Christine and Meri. How many times did Meri have to say that it was okay Kody didn't go to drop Mariah. Meri -no shizzle. Selfish much?

I know - why do I watch this crap?

Old 01-28-2014, 07:55 AM

1,748 posts, read 2,086,495 times
I agree with everyone's opinions of this episode. It once agains showcases the stupidity and ego-centric personalities of the parents. Our daughter is deathly ill, let's turn it into a ratings boom by making jokes and talking about a "pee and poo party."

Kody is so clueless, his children should be taken away from him. After watching this episode I feel a call to CPS is warranted. You wait for your daughter to go cross-eyed before taking her to the Dr?!?!?!?! What kind of parent does that?

What I was waiting for while watching was for them to say that she got better because of the family's prayers and faith, not the medical resources being poured into her.

And how could they spend so much time worrying about a stupid party while this was going on? These people waste money like they have a Money tree growing in their backyard! They're paying 4 interest only mortgages that will expire in 3 years. They have 3 kids in college with a bunch more entering basically every year from here on out. They've got a show that has a year or two of shelf like left and they have NO Marketable skills. They'll being living on the streets in a matter of years.

Old 01-28-2014, 08:37 AM

2,966 posts, read 5,224,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StilltheSame View Post

I think this also, then I remember...It reminds me to be grateful for the peaceful, financially secure, stress-free, child-free life that I chose to have. I cherish every minute I have with my husband, and cannot imagine living in that chaos being a slave to debt, 20 kids, stressed and a hyper husband running around like a chicken with his head cut off, being spread too thin between all of those people, and not being able to properly meet all of their emotional, etc., needs.

They do it in the name of religion, yet to me, they are a perfect example of what it would be like to live in hell.

Old 01-28-2014, 08:57 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,378,867 times
Now that Mariah has announced on TV she is looking for a "Sister Wives" style of marriage.....I wonder how long it will take???

Old 01-28-2014, 10:46 AM

1,873 posts, read 4,240,391 times
I don't know but I was always under the idea that first year students living in the dorm were not allowed cars on campus. Different schools different rules I guess.

Old 01-28-2014, 01:01 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,268,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StilltheSame View Post
Poor Aspyn was so sad. It broke my heart. And not trying to be mean, but did you see Truly's teeth? My kids began their dental check ins before they even had teeth (yes I am extreme but)? I can tell there's something wrong with that child. I just want to beat all the adults' asses - starting with Kody, Christine and Meri. How many times did Meri have to say that it was okay Kody didn't go to drop Mariah. Meri -no shizzle. Selfish much?

I CRIED watching Aspyn. I feel like she is much more normal and caring than her parents!

I did notice some of the girls were worried about Truly. Made me feel that there is SOME caring of each other in that family.

I don't think Truly is healthy and that is partially why her teeth are so rotten looking.

Yes, she had the flu and yes, her mother should have been there to take care of her to make sure she had fluids. A HUGE mistake that almost cost Truly her life.

If these people weren't famous, I do think the doctors might have called child services because she should not have been allowed to go 5 days without fluids.

Myriah learned her selfishness from Meri.

Old 01-28-2014, 01:41 PM

957 posts, read 746,854 times
Why is Kody buying Mariah a car and not Aspen, didn't they both just graduate?

Old 01-28-2014, 02:38 PM

7,413 posts, read 6,238,014 times
I read on Christine's Twitter that Truely's teeth were black because she has been on iron supplements for four months. I didn't realize iron did this?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV