Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-24-2011, 12:02 AM

7,835 posts, read 8,464,687 times

Advertisements

I agree, tonight's show was great all around. They're getting to the point quicker, too. I like the less drawn-out way they're doing it this season.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2011, 02:40 AM

7,572 posts, read 9,049,371 times
3 judges instead of 4 helps also. Steven seemed to be in a lot of pain when he stood up. His wild antics while in his band may be catching up with him.

Old 02-24-2011, 08:15 AM

79 posts, read 114,301 times
Last night's Beatles performances were fresh, creative and awesome in both performance and staging. Wish they would have spent an entire evening just on the Vegas performances instead of showing cameos. These kids are both talented and entertainers. I don't know if they came to the show as full fledged performers or if coaching by the people in the business they brought in during the Vegas round gave them the extra zing. The long walk I can do without. I'm ready to cut to the chase and get to the final 12. Between the infusion of new judges who actually know music and like being mentors rather than torturers, and kids who have talent to work with, I'm really looking forward to this season.

What I really like is that I'm seeing completely new entertainment, not anything currently out there in show business, or anything I've seen before in prior seasons. And I like what I'm seeing/hearing. That doesn't mean I like every single contestant, but the batting average is way up there. I hope they continue some of the creative staging into the final rounds. It's just plain fun to see. It's like they brought some of the creative ideas of So You Think You Can Dance and infused it into AI for the benefit of singers, not dancers.

Old 02-24-2011, 08:21 AM

4,364 posts, read 6,557,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
I agree, tonight's show was great all around. They're getting to the point quicker, too. I like the less drawn-out way they're doing it this season.
I'm pretty sure they could have drawn it out but didn't. This is how the entire auditions and Hollywood week shows should be done.

Old 02-24-2011, 08:47 AM

3,735 posts, read 8,089,884 times
Wasn't a big fan of the groups before but they clearly bring out the true star and the rotten apples. So I'm on board with them again.

Love this season, don't know how they were able to make their selections. It was so sad the guy with the sick fianance. I know he thought he was going through. But they did the right thing he lost his luster. The talent is just so great this year! Finally!

Old 02-24-2011, 10:48 AM

5,121 posts, read 16,634,508 times
I am not a Beatles fan but boy did those contestants mix it up and show their originality and performance skills.

On the downside, I hated that we viewers had to watch the contestants walk down the l o n g path to learn their fate. It felt like I was waiting for "The Bachelor" to hand out roses.

Old 02-24-2011, 03:03 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,567,520 times
Am I the only one who thought they spent a little too much time focused on poor Jennifer Lopez in tears over that last guy not making it through, and Randy and Steven consoling her? It isn't about her! I was half expecting them to say Wait! We'll make it 25 this year! Stranger things have happened, you know, like Steven Tyler being a judge on American Idol!

Old 02-24-2011, 03:52 PM

5,893 posts, read 12,856,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eggalegga View Post
I am not a Beatles fan but boy did those contestants mix it up and show their originality and performance skills.

On the downside, I hated that we viewers had to watch the contestants walk down the l o n g path to learn their fate. It felt like I was waiting for "The Bachelor" to hand out roses.
Agreed I thought the Beatles songs were, for the most part, fantastic. That long walk I could live without. I felt bad that some talented people had to go, but there is just so much talent this season. It's going to be quite the contest when it gets down to the final 24!

Old 02-24-2011, 06:25 PM

16,180 posts, read 32,597,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzymystic View Post
Am I the only one who thought they spent a little too much time focused on poor Jennifer Lopez in tears over that last guy not making it through, and Randy and Steven consoling her? It isn't about her! I was half expecting them to say Wait! We'll make it 25 this year! Stranger things have happened, you know, like Steven Tyler being a judge on American Idol!
Well, I think the producers were so much in shock that a judge could be kind and care after seasons of Simon that they just kept the cameras rolling and just couldn't cut any of it. Haha.

Old 02-24-2011, 08:23 PM

2,814 posts, read 6,889,101 times
I had no idea that I would like JLo so much. Who knew that she was so down to earth and nice?? Paula who?? That's what I say
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV