Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-24-2011, 08:40 PM

13,709 posts, read 21,938,780 times

Advertisements

I cried like a baby all through last night's episode and again tonight. Not only are these judges warm and personable, but they're really showing the raw hunan side of the contestants and not trying to manipulate the viewer. Even Ryan's interaction with the contestants and their families feels real and powerful -- they're showing him as the good ol' Georgia boy that he really is! I believe all this was there before, but Simon is such a cold condescending jerk that he didn't allow that raw emotion to be shown. He is still executive producer and in fact owns the franchise, I think, but him not sitting there smirking and rolling his eyes makes a HUGE difference to me. I might actually watch this all the way to the end this season (i usually get bored and drop out about this time).

Last edited by Newsboy; 02-24-2011 at 08:50 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2011, 08:47 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,383,479 times
This might be the 1st season I watch all the way through. I haven't done that since the first season. I've pretty much liked every episode and I LOVE Steven Tyler! LOL when I was younger people thought I was crazy cause I'd put an Aerosmith tape in my Teddy Rupskin

Old 02-25-2011, 12:12 AM

3,110 posts, read 5,388,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsboy View Post
I cried like a baby all through last night's episode and again tonight. Not only are these judges warm and personable, but they're really showing the raw hunan side of the contestants and not trying to manipulate the viewer. Even Ryan's interaction with the contestants and their families feels real and powerful -- they're showing him as the good ol' Georgia boy that he really is! I believe all this was there before, but Simon is such a cold condescending jerk that he didn't allow that raw emotion to be shown. He is still executive producer and in fact owns the franchise, I think, but him not sitting there smirking and rolling his eyes makes a HUGE difference to me. I might actually watch this all the way to the end this season (i usually get bored and drop out about this time).
I agree about the emotion -- it's more real this year, and I don't miss Simon or Paula. Even Randy is better this year. I think he was in Simon's shadow. This looks like a great comeback for a dying franchise. They resuscitated it well! I'm in as well.

Simon Cowell doesn't own the franchise - Simon Fuller does. A lot of people thought he did at the beginning.

Old 02-25-2011, 06:15 AM

4,264 posts, read 9,283,111 times
Really liking the judges this year, not to sure how I feel about a couple of the contestants who made it into the top 24 but will have to see how it all plays out. For sure if it continues to play out as it has it should be a good year with lots of talent.

Old 02-25-2011, 08:31 AM

3,860 posts, read 8,455,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
This might be the 1st season I watch all the way through. I haven't done that since the first season. I've pretty much liked every episode and I LOVE Steven Tyler! LOL when I was younger people thought I was crazy cause I'd put an Aerosmith tape in my Teddy Rupskin
I can only imagine what that looked like!

Old 02-25-2011, 10:18 AM

3,805 posts, read 6,359,415 times
I found the last two nights to be excruciating. The "long walk" got old so fast and all the buildup to each "verdict" was overkill. Less talk, less tragic/heartwarming/shocking back story, fewer drawn out judge greetings/leave takings and more singing!

Old 02-25-2011, 04:45 PM

16,177 posts, read 32,511,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sayulita View Post
I found the last two nights to be excruciating. The "long walk" got old so fast and all the buildup to each "verdict" was overkill. Less talk, less tragic/heartwarming/shocking back story, fewer drawn out judge greetings/leave takings and more singing!
I agree; we turned it off and watched a recorded show instead. If they aren't singing I'm out.

Old 02-25-2011, 06:26 PM

5,299 posts, read 8,259,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beretta View Post
I agree; we turned it off and watched a recorded show instead. If they aren't singing I'm out.
We got so sick of the judges moaning about how hard it was to make a decision. Also, agree with fuzzy mystic's post re JLo's emotional outburst. I like her, but remember she is an actress.

Old 02-25-2011, 07:12 PM

8,816 posts, read 21,288,785 times
I guess I am just rooting for our hometown boy James Durbin. ( We're out here on the West Coast so I don't know whether he made it or not as I write this.)
I do agree, though, that the judges are a surprise. I like all of them & Jennifer Lopez and Steve Tyler are really gentle and nice people who appear to truly care for the contestants. They are very nurturing and that is a lot better than snide Simon's making fun of people like that disabled boy .

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .

Old 02-25-2011, 07:50 PM

5,893 posts, read 12,816,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gimme it View Post
I had no idea that I would like JLo so much. Who knew that she was so down to earth and nice?? Paula who?? That's what I say
Remember, she's just "Jenny From the Block."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV