Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-08-2011, 09:11 PM

3,110 posts, read 5,394,181 times

Advertisements

Hi all - so glad we have this thread. i missed a lot of this week's shows. Was able to listen from another room, which is really interesting. When you're not distracted by costumes and mannerisms, it's a totally different show. I would imagine the singers sound different in person. Sometimes i don't think the judges hear the off-pitch notes until they watch it later.

Can't help but wonder who would be in the top 10 out of the top 25 if Simon and even Kara had been on the judging panel.

I would bet that James and Scotty will be the final two. Pretty amazing when you realize they are all in their teens and early twenties. So much talent up there. I don't know if I could handle the stress of being "on" all the time and preparing new songs each week. It's just fun to watch.

One question - I didn't catch what Scotty said "no" to... what did Ryan ask him?
thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2011, 09:47 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,483,346 times
Ryan asked Scotty to do what he's asked other contestants to do in previous years.

Ryan had assembled two groups...Lauren and Jacob in one group and James and Haley in the other group. Then he asked Scotty to go stand in the group that he (Scotty) thought was safe.

In previous years (especially the early ones) , some contestants have been intimidated into doing that -- but Scotty said NO. And that's what Ryan should say when the producers tell him to do that.

Old 05-09-2011, 12:52 AM

11,486 posts, read 15,331,589 times
Missed it last week so I need to catch up.

3 of my top 4 and my sleeper are still in it.

My top were James, Lauren, Casey and Haley.

Casey is gone and Haley who I have said would be my sleeper if she would stop singing the wrong songs has come on the strongest over the last month.

James is still my pick to win it all but Haley seems to be coming into her own.

Scotty will get his recording contract soon so no worry about him because he already can grab and audience all by himself.

James is very talented and I would like to see him win it although I said a month ago that something about Haley reminds me of Carrie Underwood.

She is my sleeper and if she does not make any mistakes I see her and James at the end.

Lauren needs to stop the crying and get herself together. I do not think Scotty could win this thing only because far too many voters dont like country.

Going to get interesting.

Having 3 out of my top 4 left out of the top 24 is not too bad considering so far we have not seen the people allow a lowly talented boring Chris Allen to win over much more talented people.

Old 05-09-2011, 12:53 AM

11,486 posts, read 15,331,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfirewheel View Post
Ryan asked Scotty to do what he's asked other contestants to do in previous years.

Ryan had assembled two groups...Lauren and Jacob in one group and James and Haley in the other group. Then he asked Scotty to go stand in the group that he (Scotty) thought was safe.

In previous years (especially the early ones) , some contestants have been intimidated into doing that -- but Scotty said NO. And that's what Ryan should say when the producers tell him to do that.

Scotty did very well. At 17 years old he has his act together. Most 17 year old would have tossed the most competitive under the bus and he did not.

Good for him for standing his ground. That was not right to do that to him.

Old 05-09-2011, 06:57 AM

1,189 posts, read 1,759,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisan23 View Post
How much research have you done into Aspergers? Just because James doesn't display the same symptoms as your child or displays emotions doesn't mean he doesn't have Aspergers. You're making this conclusion based off the few hours you've seen him on TV... you somehow think you're more qualified than his doctors?? LOL ya... ok.

The first time I've ever REALLY liked Haley was this week when she sang "House of the Rising Sun".

But honestly:

Scotty is weird.

Lauren is hit and miss, sometimes she's great sometimes she's not.

Haley is only ok most of the time.

James may not always sing in tune BUT for the type of music he's into that's not a requirement. He's not singing to be a pop singer or a musician where you've got to sound great all the time. He's a rocker, lots of really famous and really good rock singers do NOT sing in tune all the time. He will win.

Old 05-09-2011, 07:22 AM

1,287 posts, read 3,341,394 times
Last week was the first time I thought Scotty nailed it since he shed his Josh Turner security blanket.

Old 05-10-2011, 04:35 AM
bjh

60,147 posts, read 30,465,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisan23 View Post
...Scotty is weird....
Nah, he's young. His inexperience comes across as awkwardness to some, weirdness to others.

He's, what?, 17? I couldn't have done as well at that age, nor could most people.

Old 05-10-2011, 08:17 AM

3,320 posts, read 5,603,115 times
Ugh, this weeks theme is "Leiber and Stoller Songbook"
Apparently of Nigel Lythgo's generation. Didn't Carole King week suck rotten eggs enough?!?

Old 05-10-2011, 09:05 AM

2,609 posts, read 4,365,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post
Nah, he's young. His inexperience comes across as awkwardness to some, weirdness to others.

He's, what?, 17? I couldn't have done as well at that age, nor could most people.
He knows he holds the microphone weird and makes funny faces, he's been made aware of how strange it is... and he continues to do it.

I used to like him, now I can't even watch him.

Old 05-10-2011, 09:12 AM

4,363 posts, read 6,544,715 times
Some good some so so... "Leiber and Stoller Songbook" wiki list....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV