Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-21-2011, 11:19 PM

48 posts, read 123,090 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mag32gie View Post
I thought it was terrible and skipped the Thursday night show. Haven't missed a show since it started. Simon always said what I was trying not to think and I loved Paula's kindness, she had a good heart. I miss them and in my mind they can't be replaced.
I agree, fast forwarded through most of it. Simon and Paula had chemistry- I don't see any of that with JLo and Steven, plus JLo ignores Randy and I feel sorry for him now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2011, 12:36 PM

699 posts, read 1,015,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gold*dust1 View Post
Nope I actually appreciated Simon's more hard edged style! I didn't always agree with him though - like how he was so wrong about Carrie Underwood at first glance ( I believe she is the most successful performer that has come off of AI)

Huh? Simon was spot on about Carrie Underwood. First, he predicted during the auditions that she would be a finalist. Second, he predicted that she would sell more records than any previous idol contestant.

Old 01-22-2011, 03:44 PM

4,391 posts, read 9,487,725 times
I miss Simon. He made that show. I only caught about 10 minutes of it one night and that was enough for me. I am still depressed about Adam not winning two years ago...

When in doubt read the TOS.

Old 01-23-2011, 03:44 PM

79 posts, read 114,110 times
I thought the second night, in New Orleans, that Steven was more subdued, and it was JLo's turn to shine. I don't know if that was the way it was edited, or if that is just how it turned out. I see real chemistry between the three judges. Sometimes JLo and Steven talk together, then they stop and one lets the other continue. Steven tosses it to Randy by asking him what he thinks. It just seems more natural and less restrictive than going down the line one by one giving their opinions like in prior years. I had gotten to the point that I knew what Simon, Paula and Randy were going to say before they opened their mouths. I really like the new mix. I like too that they don't follow the "losers" through the building and out onto the street. That's just too mean spirited.

One thing we aren't seeing in the contestants is white male guitarists. Guess we had enough of those in previous years. There is a lot of diversity in the ones going through, both in genres, and in background. Some surprisingly good young contestants making it to Hollywood too.

Old 01-26-2011, 08:10 PM

4,585 posts, read 12,369,252 times
I'm not missing Simon, I'm enjoying watching the judges and ST and Jlo are doin' just fine and Randy seems to be taking a bit of the meannie over but nothing like Simon.

Old 01-26-2011, 09:42 PM

2,540 posts, read 6,232,740 times
I'm enjoying AI. Once I got past ST's new plastic surgery look, I actually like him. I like how they handle the contestants. I still think they're too soft for some of the younger ones, like that 15 yr old. The last one tonight put tears in my eyes, as I'm sure AI wanted as the ending of the show. I will definitely continue to watch.

Old 01-27-2011, 07:52 AM

8,957 posts, read 20,385,036 times
Good 2-hr show last night! What a way to start the first hr........the dude singing country has a very, very good voice (wife and I sure gave him an applaude)! Also the Harvard grad/White House Intern....not a bad singing voice, but her looks will definitely take her far! The last singer/second hour had a "tear-filled" story to tell about his finance's accident, but not too sure about his singing. Do love it that Steven, Jennifer and Randy had the guy bring his finance' in and gave her hugs in her wheelchair. That sure got tears going in our 60 yr old eyeballs!
One thing for sure, some of these people who are rejected/said "no" too, need to cool down their tempers! Just because they "think" they are good singers, Steven, JLo and Randy basically DO know what a good singer should sound like! And, just because the judges do send some "borderline" singers thru to Hollywood, sure doesn't mean those singers will make it past their next singing test!

Old 01-27-2011, 08:25 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,970,410 times
I missed it last night!! Studying for my series 24. I think they really really really really need a spinoff of this show dedicated to country singers only. Call it Nashville Idol or something. Anything to get those darn awful country singers off of this show. God I hate country music. HATE IT HATE IT HATE IT HATE IT.

Old 01-27-2011, 08:34 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,541,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
I missed it last night!! Studying for my series 24. I think they really really really really need a spinoff of this show dedicated to country singers only. Call it Nashville Idol or something. Anything to get those darn awful country singers off of this show. God I hate country music. HATE IT HATE IT HATE IT HATE IT.
you missed an excellent performer who will go far with the beautiful voice. Im not a country buff but I do not limit my taste either. This is what you missed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SV1do...layer_embedded

Old 01-27-2011, 08:40 AM

3,860 posts, read 8,455,280 times
I'm getting tired of the twangy singing/yodeling myself.

That one signer that Steven said was pitchy has a good voice but she was getting on my nerves with the growling. I thought that it was completely over the top.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV