Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-09-2011, 03:03 PM

2,303 posts, read 5,684,123 times

Advertisements

I couldn't have asked for a better final three. I was a huge fan of all three teams...the Globetrotters were a little immature at times, specifically Big Easy. Flight Time always seemed to be pretty chill. I wish there was a way Gary and Mallory could have won a second million dollar prize. Mallory has the warmest personality of any player on really any reality show I've ever watched. Jen and Kisha were my girls too...I didn't care who won last night because I would've been happy regardless. Congrats to them all!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2011, 03:09 PM

4,363 posts, read 6,542,972 times
I think Zev and Justin could have their own travel show...

I didn't prefer any of the teams left to win, I liked them all. All the bad teams were ousted by the last two legs....

Old 05-09-2011, 04:35 PM

1,200 posts, read 2,049,257 times
I think this is the second consecutive season in which a bad U.S. cab driver essentially eliminated one team immediately (Jill and Thomas in fall 2010 season -- cab driver with language issues).

I got a kick out of the trailer park signs and shirts, specifically the "cold beer, hot chicks" sign, and the shirt declaring "so many cats, so few recipes."

Old 05-09-2011, 06:19 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,314,016 times
I wanted Mallory to win. Only because she is so happy all the time, or seems that way. At least Kisha and Jen won, instead of the Globetrotters. 2 ladies that did need the money. Now they can start their business and I hope it becomes profitable for them.
I do hope they never make us watch people on the Amazing Race that have done it before. If they do, I will totally skip it and concentrate more on reading. I have so many nice "new*" books, at least a few thousand.

*thrift store, garage sale finds.

Old 05-10-2011, 01:39 PM

12,406 posts, read 18,993,985 times
As stated before, I hope on next AR's they lay down the rules plainly and there is no helping each other out, which can cause a group to gang up on one team. No public peeing, either.

I was so happy for Jen and Keisha. It was good to hear them wanting to repay their mother for all the sacrifices she did for them. I think it was the mom who had a dream of starting her own business. Good luck to her and them.

The father and daughter were also a good team but when she said, at the beginning, that they were meant to win - she had a feeling - I got a feeling they would not. It sounded more like wishful thinking to me. She is a sweet girl, though, and very bubbly.

Old 05-10-2011, 03:49 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,231,821 times
I'm glad the GlobeTrotters didn't win. That useless cabbie cost Gary and Mallory 1 million bucks! If I ever need to take a taxi again in my life, I'll ake darned sure they speak English and know where they are going! Hmmm.....that might be one tall order to fill here in the US. Seems like AR contestants have an easier time overseas with finding people who speak English than back on home soil! I digress though. I'm sad Gary and Mallory didn't win but am glad Keisha and Jen won. It is their mother who wants to start her own business. They seem like good daughters. Loved the way they overcame phobias to "get 'er done!".

Old 05-10-2011, 05:40 PM

4,721 posts, read 15,630,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
I wanted Mallory to win. Only because she is so happy all the time, or seems that way. At least Kisha and Jen won, instead of the Globetrotters. 2 ladies that did need the money. Now they can start their business and I hope it becomes profitable for them.
I do hope they never make us watch people on the Amazing Race that have done it before. If they do, I will totally skip it and concentrate more on reading. I have so many nice "new*" books, at least a few thousand.

*thrift store, garage sale finds.
I sooooo disagree about Mallory ( I know I am a minority on this thread)She drove me NUTS!!!
I found her over the top in her OBVIOUS play towards the camera, And beyond obnoxous in her ''I am so cute and adorable'' chipper, never ending exasperating audition (for more tv shows to come her way?).
She couldnt mug anymore if she was on a soap opera.
I actually paid that taxi driver to get lost and screw up.

Glad the ladies won.

Old 05-10-2011, 05:46 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,815,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
I'm glad the GlobeTrotters didn't win. That useless cabbie cost Gary and Mallory 1 million bucks! If I ever need to take a taxi again in my life, I'll ake darned sure they speak English and know where they are going! Hmmm.....that might be one tall order to fill here in the US. Seems like AR contestants have an easier time overseas with finding people who speak English than back on home soil! I digress though. I'm sad Gary and Mallory didn't win but am glad Keisha and Jen won. It is their mother who wants to start her own business. They seem like good daughters. Loved the way they overcame phobias to "get 'er done!".

I read an interview with Mallory in which she says she and Gary immediately found a taxi with a driver who knew English and also had a GPS in the taxi so they got in. But a lady came pounding on the window saying she had been waiting 10 minutes for a taxi........so-Mallory and Gary got out Then ended up with useless driver.

I would not have gotten out; not while in a race--any other time,maybe but not then,

Old 05-10-2011, 10:25 PM

12,406 posts, read 18,993,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nanannie View Post
I sooooo disagree about Mallory ( I know I am a minority on this thread)She drove me NUTS!!!
I found her over the top in her OBVIOUS play towards the camera, And beyond obnoxous in her ''I am so cute and adorable'' chipper, never ending exasperating audition (for more tv shows to come her way?).
She couldnt mug anymore if she was on a soap opera.
I actually paid that taxi driver to get lost and screw up.

Glad the ladies won.
Perhaps you are correct, but I've met people like her. The one's I've known had little hardship in their lives and it was no wonder that they could always be happy. God bless them, I say. We should all be so fortunate.

Old 05-10-2011, 10:32 PM

1,956 posts, read 4,880,952 times
My mom wanted the Globetrotters to win =(. She didn't want the sisters to win.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV