Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2011, 03:33 PM

2,417 posts, read 3,572,151 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giesela View Post
Sounds a lot like Marty - actually you can pretty much envision the Survivor staff sitting around casting....we need a Marty or we need a Parvati......really its amazing that Survivor is still watchable. Great concept despite their efforts to ruin it, because once the castaways are out there its sort of out of their hands. Thank God.
one thing that's always bothered me is whenever (and I think it's most every season) they have an African American male on he's always this young, athletic, muscular type person. Does anybody else ever notice this? It just seems to me like they always have only this type of AA male. why not one of the 60 something older contestants be an AA male?

it's just seems strange to me and it's pretty much every season like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
I think it has an air of desperation about it.

B-I-N-G-O
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2011, 06:03 PM

44,703 posts, read 61,887,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobrien View Post
At least we have your spot-on Russell imitations to look forward to! I guess there is something wrong with me but I've been wanting a Russell/Rob rematch. I hope things like this won't hurt Survivor's ratings.
I doubt it'll hurt the ratings. They're taking a page from Dancing with the Stars, the controversy with Bristol Palin and how their ratings shot through the universe. It's all about the ratings and the higher ad prices they can get.

Old 01-23-2011, 11:37 PM

Anyone catch the new promos for the upcomming Survivor Redemption show that they began promoting today during the football playoffs and evening shows?
Rob vs Russhole
In one of the ads it's Rob vs Russhole and Rob tells Russ "this island is not big enough for the two of us". Then Probst says "I think I'll need a bigger torch"...LOL..should be an interesting season.

Old 01-24-2011, 02:13 AM

6,560 posts, read 14,502,460 times
Working up the hype with a little penis comparison. Those two know the roles the producers want them to play and will play them. See why producers so prefer tractable experienced showpeople who don't demand big money? I have a high school friend whose dream was to work in cinema, and he managed it--he has a long list of credits as director, gaffer, and so on. We talked for the first time in many years (due solely to great geographic separation) during plans for his mom's funeral. He explained it to me simply: "Reality is about money. You don't have to pay expensive actors." This way, producers are trying to have the best of all worlds: tractable people without Jennifer Aniston price tags.

Old 01-24-2011, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by j_k_k View Post
Working up the hype with a little penis comparison. Those two know the roles the producers want them to play and will play them. See why producers so prefer tractable experienced showpeople who don't demand big money? I have a high school friend whose dream was to work in cinema, and he managed it--he has a long list of credits as director, gaffer, and so on. We talked for the first time in many years (due solely to great geographic separation) during plans for his mom's funeral. He explained it to me simply: "Reality is about money. You don't have to pay expensive actors." This way, producers are trying to have the best of all worlds: tractable people without Jennifer Aniston price tags.
Yep, good analogy...and maybe some good tv.

Old 01-24-2011, 06:28 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,209,830 times
Go rob!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-24-2011, 06:52 PM

1,163 posts, read 1,242,342 times
im quite excited for this season!!

Rob for the win!

Old 01-25-2011, 05:09 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,271,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber18 View Post
im quite excited for this season!!

Rob for the win!

Good taste there, Amy.

Dreamy Eyes may get to the final again but he will NEVER win, no matter how many times he competes! DUH!!!!

Old 01-26-2011, 11:14 AM

901 posts, read 2,393,346 times
I may be the odd man out, but I have zero interest in watching this season. And I'm saying that as a general fan of Survivor who has watched since Palau. I could maybe deal with Rob again, but I cannot deal with Russell being back on the show. His attitude gets on my nerves. I refuse to watch this season.

Old 01-26-2011, 11:38 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,271,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by insightofitall View Post
I may be the odd man out, but I have zero interest in watching this season. And I'm saying that as a general fan of Survivor who has watched since Palau. I could maybe deal with Rob again, but I cannot deal with Russell being back on the show. His attitude gets on my nerves. I refuse to watch this season.

Aww, that's a shame there, insight! Your loss. There are many contestants I could not stand but I watch anyway and even if they come back, I do not cut my nose off. I love the show. Pure and simple. I've watched since day one. Can I stand Richard Hatch?? NO. Would I watch if he were on again? You bet! It would be a pretty boring show if there were no "villans". People you love to hate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV