Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-16-2011, 12:28 AM

9,167 posts, read 5,837,751 times

Advertisements

Rob deserved to win.
Like Jeff said, he played the best game in Survivor history.
But for Ralph, I bet the vote was unanimous.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2011, 01:31 AM

44,703 posts, read 61,887,952 times
My take:

The promos leading up to tonights show said "expect the surprise of the century". Where was the surprise Probst. Typical TV hype.

The girls blew their own chances to win.

Russell looked disgusted most of the evening. He hesitated about returning. Probably said he would to appease Probst. Let's hope he stays home.

Yes the marriage proposal was interesting. The girl looked like she wasn't interested at first, and must have said something terrible to have the censors cuting out about 15 seconds. And I bet she accepted only because the cameras were on her.

All of the players sure cleaned up nice, some even put on some pounds.

I'm not thrilled about 2 players returning. There has to be a lot of new and interesting people wanting to play the game.

Rob winning was not a surprise, especially after he won final immunity. And I doubt he'll return to play again. As he said, his goal was to win and win the million dollar prize. Now that he's done it why put yourself through that again when he would probably get voted off immediately since he was already a winner. That's human nature on the players part.

10 to one Phillip will be returning. Probst kinda indicated he'd like to see him again.

I think the show this season was too scripted in Robs favor. He received more camera time than anyone else.

Next season let's see some new and different challenges. This season they did not have one out in the ocean challenge as in the past. Maybe this group couldn't swim.

People still don't think Phillip was a real federal agent. Maybe that lady was a plant. Yes I know Probst said it was real, but...

Well I still am looking forward to Survivor South Pacific, if only for the scenic beauty. One thing I can say for sure, the camera crew and the photography is always great.

Old 05-16-2011, 02:40 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,353,976 times
Don't want to see Phillip again. Hope they don't bring him back. If he comes back, maybe someone can hide his shorts to make it harder to find them.

Rob deserved to win. After watching his brain dead teammates do everything he told them to do, and the 2 worthless girls that just lay around all the time, add in the psycho secret agent man, and of course Rob was the best choice. He lucked out big time. He also gets his own series starting soon. I think we will be seeing a lot more of him, love him or hate him.

Yuck at the thought of Russell coming back again. When they said 2 former players are coming back for this fall's season, if it's Russell, I will be tuning into something else. It totally ruins the game for me seeing someone that is so mean and disgusting. If he would treat people better, then i would feel differently towards him. I almost thought he had a heart in there somewhere when he cried before he was voted off, but as usual, he had to insult everyone first, his true nature.

I am glad this season is over, as I found it dull and predictable throughout it all. If I didn't know any better, I would bet this whole season was a setup for Rob to win.

Old 05-16-2011, 03:56 AM

15,891 posts, read 18,396,733 times
During the reunion show Jeff made mention that he was godfather to one of Rob's kids. Did anyone else catch that?

Old 05-16-2011, 05:03 AM

10,237 posts, read 11,218,827 times
Yawn - I went to sleep right after they announced who won. Predictable. The whole season was predictable. It was the Rob Show. Everything focused around him. Let's face it. He had to win...

Not happy that 2 will return - it's becoming the same ole - same ole and I hate RI - it takes away from what's going on at camp... I wanna see all fresh meat....

Glad this season is done with....

Old 05-16-2011, 07:26 AM

5,559 posts, read 7,158,526 times
I was happy to see Russell sitting in the back row fuming over how Rob won.

Old 05-16-2011, 07:30 AM
JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,343,822 times
Why do the girls always go so overboard with the hair and makeup for the reunion show? In many cases, you can't even tell it's the same person. Only the blonde girl had any resemblance to what she looked like while in the game.

Old 05-16-2011, 07:57 AM

2,600 posts, read 3,695,419 times
Russell didn't seem to be fuming. Maybe he was a little embarrassed, though. I liked what little we saw of him last night. He seemed humble and gracious, and I like that he called out Steve. I also really wish Jeff would've asked his tribe if they had any regrets voting him out because it clearly was the dumbest thing they could've done.

Old 05-16-2011, 08:25 AM

9,408 posts, read 13,773,816 times
Yay for Rob!

I'm really glad he won, he deserved it. He was the ultimate puppet master.

Old 05-16-2011, 09:21 AM

3,336 posts, read 6,962,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinyHappyLucy View Post
Russell didn't seem to be fuming. Maybe he was a little embarrassed, though. I liked what little we saw of him last night. He seemed humble and gracious, and I like that he called out Steve. I also really wish Jeff would've asked his tribe if they had any regrets voting him out because it clearly was the dumbest thing they could've done.
I also found him to be humble last night. He did a nice job calling out Jeff about not bringing up the important questions. Unlike Jeff and his man crush on Rob, Jeff clearly does not love Russell.

I actually think that I am ready for a new host.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV