Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Best show on Animated Domination?
Family Guy 11 42.31%
The Simpsons 8 30.77%
American Dad 6 23.08%
The Cleveland Show 1 3.85%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2011, 06:13 AM

1,949 posts, read 5,265,359 times

Advertisements

[quote=annika08;17250487]

Quote:
There should be a "none of the above" option. If I had to, I guess I'd say the Simpsons. I used to really like the Simpsons but lost interest in oh, seven years ago or so. Don't like anything by MacFarlane. Family Guy has managed to pull a handful of chuckles out of me, and I find the other two to be dull replicas of it. The writing really is atrocious in all of his shows.
the Cleveland show is a Family Guy spin-off, and American Dad is NOTHING like Family Guy... other than it's a cartoon...about a Family...and they get into situations...

Quote:
I am a Coke girl; can't stand Pepsi. Always tastes flat to me.
that is exactly how i feel about Coke. how interesting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2011, 06:16 AM

13,809 posts, read 26,579,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linson View Post
what show would you rather watch right now? to be honest, i find it hard to believe that anybody would pick The Simpsons.
Well that's what I do. I'll watch The Simpsons than read or go online or something. It's not that I think The Simpsons are still as good as they were in the first 7 seasons, they're not, but I think they're not as bad as they were in Seasons 10-14.

Mostly though I just don't care for Seth McFarlane or his work and find his stuff downright objectionable in a way I almost never see The Simpsons as being. I mostly hate his characters and disagree with almost everything I think he's trying to say.

So it's not like I think "The Simpsons" is still great. Moving beyond Fox I don't get Comedy Central anymore, but I would imagine "Futurama" of today is better than "The Simpsons." During its run, 1999-2004, Home Movies was certainly better than "The Simpsons" as that was about the worst period for the show. I got to where I preferred "King of the Hill" for awhile there.

Old 01-04-2011, 08:48 AM

3,219 posts, read 7,087,009 times
Quote:
that is exactly how i feel about Coke. how interesting.
LOL, my husband prefers Pepsi and he says Coke tastes flat to him.

Old 01-04-2011, 08:51 AM

29,755 posts, read 34,444,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annika08 View Post
I used to really like the Simpsons but lost interest in oh, seven years ago or so. Don't like anything by MacFarlane. Family Guy has managed to pull a handful of chuckles out of me, and I find the other two to be dull replicas of it. The writing really is atrocious in all of his shows.
Agreed. MacFarlane is a one-trick pony who doesn't do his trick all that well. I have no idea why Fox keeps giving him airtime.

Old 01-04-2011, 02:45 PM

1,949 posts, read 5,265,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas R. View Post
Well that's what I do. I'll watch The Simpsons than read or go online or something. It's not that I think The Simpsons are still as good as they were in the first 7 seasons, they're not, but I think they're not as bad as they were in Seasons 10-14.

Mostly though I just don't care for Seth McFarlane or his work and find his stuff downright objectionable in a way I almost never see The Simpsons as being. I mostly hate his characters and disagree with almost everything I think he's trying to say.

So it's not like I think "The Simpsons" is still great. Moving beyond Fox I don't get Comedy Central anymore, but I would imagine "Futurama" of today is better than "The Simpsons." During its run, 1999-2004, Home Movies was certainly better than "The Simpsons" as that was about the worst period for the show. I got to where I preferred "King of the Hill" for awhile there.
King of the Hill was a GREAT show.

Old 01-04-2011, 02:57 PM

3,307 posts, read 9,389,237 times
American Dad is the most consistently funny right now.

If you want to compare the peak of each show to the peak of the other shows. Family Guy, seasons 1-3 is the funniest, followed by Simpsons seasons 3-8ish, then American Dad seasons 2-now.

Old 01-04-2011, 02:58 PM

4,363 posts, read 6,539,414 times
The Simpsons and Coke.

Thank you very much, I'll be here all week.

Seriously - While Family Guy has that real Shock Joke quality, the Simpsons have been there done that and have so for a real long while. I really can't watch those other two shows...

Old 01-04-2011, 09:11 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,428,303 times
Quote:
Absolutely, A+, 100%.

My wife will occasionally watch Simpsons with me. She will more likely watch Family Guy. She won't go near American Dad (which I think often has better episodes than the aforementioned). But she did think King of the Hill was a good show. I hated that they cancelled that show.

Old 01-04-2011, 11:35 PM

13,809 posts, read 26,579,946 times
It was kind of sad, but from what I'd heard they were all wanting to move on to other projects. Then later on Brittany Murphy died so even if it had survived they would have had to have changed Luanne or remove her.

Old 01-09-2011, 08:33 PM

12,540 posts, read 2,141,625 times
Quote:
I agree! I loved King of the Hill. I just wish they would release the rest of the seasons on dvd so I could buy them...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV