Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Best show on Animated Domination?
Family Guy 11 42.31%
The Simpsons 8 30.77%
American Dad 6 23.08%
The Cleveland Show 1 3.85%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2011, 07:35 PM

4,574 posts, read 7,507,962 times

Advertisements

Out of the shows that air on Fox's "Animated Block", which do you find to be the best?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2011, 09:42 PM

13,809 posts, read 26,583,526 times
I don't care for Seth McFarlane so I only have one option. I wish the block was a bit more mixed, but it looks like they are going to add some deal with John Benjamin that doesn't appear to be a Seth M show.

Old 01-03-2011, 10:39 PM

269 posts, read 911,575 times
Family Guy ruined the Simpsons for me, its not the same anymore. The Cleveland Show is funny but not as funny. American Dad can be funny but tends to be either funny or a complete dud too often.

Old 01-03-2011, 11:49 PM

1,949 posts, read 5,265,758 times
the Simpsons hasnt been funny in a long time. Family Guy has started to wear a little thin. the Cleveland Show hasnt been funny lately. overall, i'd say American Dad is the most consistantly laugh out loud funny. Roger the Alien and Stan Smith, and to a lesser extent, Francine are all great characters. and they dont go out of there way to make the characters endearing.

Old 01-04-2011, 03:13 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,438,774 times
Family Guy isn't as consistently good as Simpsons has been for longer.

Cleveland is just boring now.

I like American Dad...but if I am going to pick my favorite, I will still pick Simpsons for overall long-term quality.

Old 01-04-2011, 05:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Family Guy isn't as consistently good as Simpsons has been for longer.

Cleveland is just boring now.

I like American Dad...but if I am going to pick my favorite, I will still pick Simpsons for overall long-term quality.
that's kinda like chosing Coke over Pepsi just for traditions sake. the Simpsons stopped being funny years ago. now it is consistently unfunny. so, not trying to bash you here, but let me ask you this: forgetting the fact that the Simpsons has been around since '89 or whatever, what show would you rather watch right now? to be honest, i find it hard to believe that anybody would pick The Simpsons.

Old 01-04-2011, 05:24 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,438,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linson View Post
that's kinda like chosing Coke over Pepsi just for traditions sake. the Simpsons stopped being funny years ago. now it is consistently unfunny. so, not trying to bash you here, but let me ask you this: forgetting the fact that the Simpsons has been around since '89 or whatever, what show would you rather watch right now? to be honest, i find it hard to believe that anybody would pick The Simpsons.
Seriously...Family Guy stopped being funny sooner into its run (and I used to LOVE it) and it's just silly for the most part. I still find good moments here and there on Simpsons, so I would seriously still pick Simpsons if I had to pick one.

That and I can kind of identify with some of the characters on Simpsons...Family Guy characters are totally unrelatable.

Coke does taste better, btw.

Old 01-04-2011, 05:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Seriously...Family Guy stopped being funny sooner into its run (and I used to LOVE it) and it's just silly for the most part. I still find good moments here and there on Simpsons, so I would seriously still pick Simpsons if I had to pick one.

That and I can kind of identify with some of the characters on Simpsons...Family Guy characters are totally unrelatable.

Coke does taste better, btw.
fair enough. and agreed about Family Guy wearing starting to wear thin.

a question and a comment:

have you been watching American Dad? i only ask because sometimes a show doesnt click for you at first and you just never get into it. as far as just overall raw humor, its just hard to imagine how the Simpsons can compare.

and Pepsi tastes better than Coke. Coke is fine, if you want to add some Crown Royal or whatever, but as a stand alone beverage, it's Pepsi all the way.

Old 01-04-2011, 05:59 AM

3,219 posts, read 7,087,878 times
There should be a "none of the above" option. If I had to, I guess I'd say the Simpsons.

I used to really like the Simpsons but lost interest in oh, seven years ago or so. Don't like anything by MacFarlane. Family Guy has managed to pull a handful of chuckles out of me, and I find the other two to be dull replicas of it. The writing really is atrocious in all of his shows.

I am a Coke girl; can't stand Pepsi. Always tastes flat to me.

Old 01-04-2011, 06:07 AM

1,678 posts, read 3,742,787 times
Family Guy although it is not as good as it used to be since Seth MacFarlane started to do all these other side projects.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV