Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you like Judge Judy?
Yes 216 55.67%
No 111 28.61%
I think she is mean sometimes but I love the show 61 15.72%
Voters: 388. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2012, 04:27 PM

12,406 posts, read 18,966,786 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 313Weather View Post
I've grown sick of Judge Mathis.

It has turned into a courtroom version of Jerry Springer.
Agreed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2012, 04:37 PM

12,406 posts, read 18,966,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
You got something against intelligent women? Both are the best n brightest. Judge Joe is a camera hog, along with that Italian redhead, and the female judge on Fox. Judge Judy rocks the house.
I agree. I tend to be liberal, but not an apparatchik. I love Judy and used to enjoy Laura when she was aired in my neck of the woods, though I agreed with her a lot less. She seemed to bring religion into issues too much as I remember, and is way to conformist. Judy's ideas, many of them, are just based on common sense and living a decent life for everyone. She is impartial.

Old 10-04-2012, 05:47 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,829,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain
She's all for people just treating each other in a fair and civilized manner.
She is VERY MUCH like Dr. Laura -- SHE SPEAKS HER MIND!!

Old 10-04-2012, 11:33 PM

7,237 posts, read 12,738,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aspe4 View Post
IMO, most of these "court" shows are simply talk shows dressed up as legal proceedings. The tell is when the judge starts asking about irrelevant, though salient, personal issues. I haven't seen Judge Judy in a long time but I recall that she didn't really get into personal details. I recall that she tried to stick to the relevant facts of the case.
That's true.

Also, I notice the most successful court shows stick to a formula that works, such as Judge Judy and The People's Court. That's why they're the two longest continuously running programs on TV.

The shows such as Swift Justice, where the woman would walk around and approach the litigants, failed miserably.

Old 10-04-2012, 11:45 PM

2,046 posts, read 1,499,537 times
Haven't seen the show (Judge Judy) in quite a while, but it seems like she always said pretty much what viewers (me, anyway) were thinking. She had a lot of brass. Liked the show, but don't have cable TV service anymore so never catch it. Maybe I'll try youtube!!

Old 10-04-2012, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
I agree. I tend to be liberal, but not an apparatchik. I love Judy and used to enjoy Laura when she was aired in my neck of the woods, though I agreed with her a lot less. She seemed to bring religion into issues too much as I remember, and is way to conformist. Judy's ideas, many of them, are just based on common sense and living a decent life for everyone. She is impartial.
I agree with you about Judge Judy.

I also consider myself a liberal (but independent from a party). She absolutely chews people up when she feels they're abusing the system. I tend to agree with her more often than not too. No one wants to see their taxpayer dollars going to scammers.

For example, there was a case a year or two ago with a seemingly healthy and muscular young man in his 20s who would routinely work out at a gym that was receiving worker's compensation after 8 weeks of employment.

Are you kidding me?

She ripped them to shreds then tossed him and his sorry case to the curb.

I believe he was suing the former employer for back wages or something.

Old 10-04-2012, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayiask View Post
Haven't seen the show (Judge Judy) in quite a while, but it seems like she always said pretty much what viewers (me, anyway) were thinking. She had a lot of brass. Liked the show, but don't have cable TV service anymore so never catch it. Maybe I'll try youtube!!
You can forget YouTube.

A certain troll on there (due to some incident a few years back) decided to go as far as to file a copyright claim to CBS for all Judge Judy property, just because other people were uploading episodes besides them.

Old 10-05-2012, 12:07 AM

2,046 posts, read 1,499,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 313Weather View Post
You can forget YouTube.

A certain troll on there (due to some incident a few years back) decided to go as far as to file a copyright claim to CBS for all Judge Judy property, just because other people were uploading episodes besides them.
uh!! Hate when that happens.

Old 10-10-2012, 04:15 PM

2,687 posts, read 7,407,819 times
Talking but...

Judge Jackie Glass is terrific as well, her only problem is that she doesn't know how to be 'an actress' for the camera. She doesn't come across very well. I think she's a terrific Judge and I wouldn't want to be on the wrong side of her gavel. I loved how she let O.J. have it when he walked in late to his first proceeding, holding up her court...she nailed him but good. He was never late again.
Koale

Old 10-12-2012, 07:22 AM

5,511 posts, read 7,104,558 times
Judge Judy should been moderating the debates last night. She would make sure the candidates stick to their time allowance and not interupt each other.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV