Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you like Judge Judy?
Yes 216 55.67%
No 111 28.61%
I think she is mean sometimes but I love the show 61 15.72%
Voters: 388. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2012, 08:18 AM

12,406 posts, read 19,026,525 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy thereader View Post
I like Judge Judy, but am I the only one who suspects that she might have something wrong with her? Is it normal to scream like that at people who have really come to her for help ??

" YOU'RE AN IDIOT!!!!" "YOU WILL WIND UP IN JAIL....."

Somestimes I truly believe that she might have the beginnings of Alzheimers.
She reminds me so much of my mother . . . (sigh).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2012, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by htlong View Post

Lawyers are trained to get the most money out of their client period!
Yeah, but we would all like to get the most money from our employer, too.
The problem with professionals like doctors, dentists, lawyers is that you really don't know, up front, if one is better than another. You are not familiar with their work, don't see them in action ahead of time, and don't even know if they were sued and found guilty.

I guess you could say the same about plumbers, too.

They cost a lot of money and we engage them blindly. I've had some lawyers who I think overcharged and some who gave good service for what they were paid. Same with plumbers and dentists and doctors.

I am very happy about these websites where you can name a doctor and complain. You usually can tell those that are off the wall.

I find it very suspicious that doctors want to get rid of them, though.

Old 09-25-2012, 08:49 AM

I remember watching The View years back and Barbara Walters mentioning that she and JJ went on a cruise together. They must have had a good time. BW is usually very careful of what she says, from just a sense of proper decorum and years of being in front of the camera.

Some of those people before JJ are just con artists. Others are young and dumb and never had mommy or daddy lay down the law - parental neglect, so the kids grow up with a skewered view of the world.

I don't think she is rough on her social inferiors, I think she is rough on those who would sponge off of civilized folks while they can do otherwise. I think a group of those people have never been held accountable for their actions.

Old 09-25-2012, 11:45 AM

9,418 posts, read 13,553,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
I remember watching The View years back and Barbara Walters mentioning that she and JJ went on a cruise together. They must have had a good time. BW is usually very careful of what she says, from just a sense of proper decorum and years of being in front of the camera.

Some of those people before JJ are just con artists. Others are young and dumb and never had mommy or daddy lay down the law - parental neglect, so the kids grow up with a skewered view of the world.

I don't think she is rough on her social inferiors, I think she is rough on those who would sponge off of civilized folks while they can do otherwise. I think a group of those people have never been held accountable for their actions.
I agree 100%. JJ is a good read, she knows the scammers before they even expose themselves.

Old 09-25-2012, 12:38 PM

699 posts, read 1,019,365 times
I love, love, her and the show. In fact I want to grow up to be just like her, even tho she may very well be younger than me! The world needs more of her good old fashioned common sense, sense of humor, and solid values.

Old 09-25-2012, 12:43 PM

4,829 posts, read 8,755,756 times
I used to really enjoy her show and her realness and even bought her books. Now, I'm not crazy about her anymore and I don't watch her show. She talks over people, rarely lets someone complete a sentence, and seems to have her mind made up before they even start. I also don't like her screaming.

Old 09-26-2012, 09:21 AM

1,158 posts, read 1,744,617 times
I like her ability to root out scammers and con artists.

Old 09-26-2012, 09:29 AM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,133,501 times
I use to enjoy Judge Judy and even enjoyed her "straight talk" because then it appeared that she actually listened to the cases and her comments had some bearing on the facts. Not anymore. These past few years she appears to have already made up her mind before she hears the case and even when the facts turn out to be different then her already formed opinion she just disregards those facts and continues her unreasoned rants. I am stunned by how often her "judgements" have no basis in law and seem to be solely based on her own prejudices.

Old 09-26-2012, 11:25 AM

4,829 posts, read 8,755,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
I use to enjoy Judge Judy and even enjoyed her "straight talk" because then it appeared that she actually listened to the cases and her comments had some bearing on the facts. Not anymore. These past few years she appears to have already made up her mind before she hears the case and even when the facts turn out to be different then her already formed opinion she just disregards those facts and continues her unreasoned rants. I am stunned by how often her "judgements" have no basis in law and seem to be solely based on her own prejudices.
Absolutely!!!!! Two thumbs up!

Old 09-26-2012, 04:58 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,601,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitelotus View Post
I love, love, her and the show. In fact I want to grow up to be just like her, even tho she may very well be younger than me! The world needs more of her good old fashioned common sense, sense of humor, and solid values.
There ya go, couldn't agree more. She doesn't suffer fools, and can see thru their lies. Love Judge Judy, wish there were many more like her.
They don't keep me around here for my good looks, I'm here because I'm smart!

She shows us that there is more to the law than just applying the rule, she can back up her rulings with a lecture. Unfortunately, she's a dying breed. No other judge on the tele comes close to her fairness and good judgment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV