Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2012, 07:20 AM

8,411 posts, read 7,444,541 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
What I wanna know is who's raising their kids?

I mean, sure, they all have fathers but when do they spend time with them? All I ever see is them flying back and forth all cross the country to eat at various restaurants. With the exception of Towanda they don't even mention needing to go somewhere and do something kid-related...that bothers me.
I think they are beefing it up for the show. The producers are pressuring them to do different things to keep their audience.

I would think their other family members and the kid's fathers are watching them while they are traveling.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2012, 06:13 PM

1,658 posts, read 2,781,263 times
Quote:
What I wanna know is who's raising their kids?

I mean, sure, they all have fathers but when do they spend time with them? All I ever see is them flying back and forth all cross the country to eat at various restaurants. With the exception of Towanda they don't even mention needing to go somewhere and do something kid-related...that bothers me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
I agree and wondered that as well. I mean Kudos to them for not prancing their kids around on national tv and editing doesn't allow us the advantage of knowing exactly when things are taking place.................but like you, it bothers me if they are away from the kids as much as it appears
I had total respect for them flying where they needed to to work hard on their career re-launch UNTIL they screwed around and got booted from Toni's Hall of Fame show and nearly booted from the Soul Train awards! Tamar hasn't even been doing exercises, the big sister still hasn't stepped up her singing game or lost the weight, and Trina and Gabe have put their sexual misbehavior and body parts right out there as graphically as possible! WTH? They might as well be home with the kids for all of that.

Old 02-28-2012, 10:25 AM

12,200 posts, read 18,406,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ticatica View Post
I had total respect for them flying where they needed to to work hard on their career re-launch UNTIL they screwed around and got booted from Toni's Hall of Fame show and nearly booted from the Soul Train awards! Tamar hasn't even been doing exercises, the big sister still hasn't stepped up her singing game or lost the weight, and Trina and Gabe have put their sexual misbehavior and body parts right out there as graphically as possible! WTH? They might as well be home with the kids for all of that.
See I never took the relaunch of their career seriously because all they ever did was argue. They are SO unprofessional I just can't really imagine anyone working with them and dealing with all that drama; yelling, walking out of rehearsals, not knowing the words to the songs. Being late to the red carpet when you're not even a real celebrity just further convinces me they have no idea what it takes to be successful in the music industry.

Plus they're so all over the place. They wanna do a Braxton's album but Tamar wants to be Lady Gaga/Beyonce, Trina wants to be Gwen Stefani, Towanda wants to be Angela Bassett & Traci wants to do hair....it just really makes no sense.

I was really surprised at Tamar because I thought with her husband being so established in the business, you would think she'd want to make a better impression.

Old 02-28-2012, 11:28 AM

Quote:
See I never took the relaunch of their career seriously because all they ever did was argue. They are SO unprofessional I just can't really imagine anyone working with them and dealing with all that drama; yelling, walking out of rehearsals, not knowing the words to the songs. Being late to the red carpet when you're not even a real celebrity just further convinces me they have no idea what it takes to be successful in the music industry.

Plus they're so all over the place. They wanna do a Braxton's album but Tamar wants to be Lady Gaga/Beyonce, Trina wants to be Gwen Stefani, Towanda wants to be Angela Bassett & Traci wants to do hair....it just really makes no sense.

I was really surprised at Tamar because I thought with her husband being so established in the business, you would think she'd want to make a better impression.
I completely agree. I can't believe he doesn't ask her to calm it down around his professional business. She is over the top and annoying as h***. I thought she was a "tell it like it is person" at first but I was wrong! Her sisters did say she has changed since the show. It's no surprise.

I'm really wondering if Trina is serious about letting Gabe go. It seems like they play the same merry go round over and over. Cheating, mad at each other, counseling, starting over for the sake of the kids, then back to cheating. They need to save themselves from the misery.

Old 02-28-2012, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singlelady10 View Post
I'm really wondering if Trina is serious about letting Gabe go. It seems like they play the same merry go round over and over. Cheating, mad at each other, counseling, starting over for the sake of the kids, then back to cheating. They need to save themselves from the misery.
I'm so over Trina's crying and sobbing about Gabe. It's been YEARS and you haven't left yet so clearly you accept his behavior.

Old 02-28-2012, 09:24 PM

1,658 posts, read 2,781,263 times
Now that she has the band guy she may move on BUT the band guy doesn't like her getting drunk and crazy either.

Quote:

I wonder if he knows she is unmanageable and is hesitant to put serious money and his rep on the line. She talks big but www what would happen if she really can't calm her nerves for performances. When she's with the girls she can get her frustrations out on the other girls but alone? No one to whip.

Old 02-29-2012, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ticatica View Post
I wonder if he knows she is unmanageable and is hesitant to put serious money and his rep on the line. She talks big but www what would happen if she really can't calm her nerves for performances. When she's with the girls she can get her frustrations out on the other girls but alone? No one to whip.
I honestly don't take her seriously as a performer. I don't even know what genre she'd be in...R&B? Pop?

Plus her attitude has poisoned me against her before I've even heard her seriously sing.

Old 02-29-2012, 06:47 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,826,031 times
Just saw that the Braxton sisters are going to be on Dr Phil tomorrow (Thursday)
I bet Tamar will give the good doc a migraine.

Old 02-29-2012, 06:56 PM

Would the show be successful without Tamar though? I'm not sure. Even though I find Tamar so annoying and attention seeking, I think without Tamar having her sisters running all over the country and screaming at her, it would be boring. The other sisters don't really let their personal lives and personalities out like that except Trina. But everyone is so fed up with her playing victim to Gabe and her drinking, we are all over that.

But again, it could be that Tamar is so over the top that the main focus is on her drama. That may overshadow the bones of the show.

Old 02-29-2012, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
Just saw that the Braxton sisters are going to be on Dr Phil tomorrow (Thursday)
I bet Tamar will give the good doc a migraine.

I'm setting my DVR now! Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV