Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2011, 08:23 AM

3,842 posts, read 10,541,317 times

Advertisements

I liked the 1st episode but found the 2nd one pretty dull.

I highly questioned the husband's sexuality in the first episode.

Rosie Pope was introduced on Bethenny Ever After last season. There is something about her that is really appealling. PRobably why she has a successful business & now show!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2011, 11:55 AM

1,036 posts, read 2,846,223 times
I caught up on this show last night, I thought the episodes were very entertaining

I also remember Rosie being on Bethenny's show when she went to the "how to get your baby out of the car" class I thought, what a great idea those were!

Courtney

Old 04-14-2011, 04:11 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,495,160 times
From Bravotv.com.

"I was born and raised in London, England and moved to New York City when I was 18. I then married a lovely chap who was born in Mississippi with Southern parents and then raised in New Jersey. So, what does that mean for my accent? Hmm, definitely mixed up, but as far as I know, no speech impediment! Although, now that you all point it out, do I have a lisp? Here is to making lisps sexy (and that was a lot of S's for someone who apparently has a lisp)!"

I watched the second episode today. Eh. I didn't find it as entertaining as the first but we'll see. I'm going to keep watching.

Old 04-14-2011, 05:17 PM

4,795 posts, read 4,506,248 times
Well I guess I missed the 2nd episode but I did see the forum on baby names, which I thought was slightly insane (got to wonder about the people being shown... what gives?_)
and I also was diagnosing some sort of hearing problem with Rosie. that is exactly how it sounds to me.

Old 04-14-2011, 05:22 PM

3,879 posts, read 8,410,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-CityRelo View Post
I really wish I could watch this and get past her voice, but I can't! Does she need speech therapy? What is the deal? I've heard British people (from different areas) speak and this is not how anyone sounds. She sounds like she's deaf. Has this been explained in the show? I don't mean to offend people who like her, but I'm extremely curious as to what the cause of this is...
I also tried to watch but was distracted by the way she talks. Its seems like she has a lisp (which drives me batty) and I couldn't stop looking at her mouth when she speaks because something about it was putting me off.

Didn't pay attention to the rest. It seemed stupid.

Old 06-20-2012, 11:26 AM

2,760 posts, read 3,975,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Crabcakes View Post
I also tried to watch but was distracted by the way she talks. Its seems like she has a lisp (which drives me batty) and I couldn't stop looking at her mouth when she speaks because something about it was putting me off.

Didn't pay attention to the rest. It seemed stupid.
I caught this show for the first time last night, and Rosie's speech pattern had me searching the internet, I should have come here first! LOl, I think she is gorgeous and smart and liked the show when I wasn't distracted by her accent/speech issues.

Old 06-20-2012, 06:37 PM

3,273 posts, read 2,978,967 times
I like this show, I've been watching it since last year, very entertaining with these rich women. LOL Rosie actually was taking speech classes. I watched her tongue one day as she was speaking and that is her problem. I hope it can be corrected because I think a lot of people do get turned off my her speech impediment.

Old 06-20-2012, 06:59 PM

470 posts, read 1,846,616 times
I can't watch the show because I can't get past her speech pattern. I'm calling BS on her "from England moved to NY when I was 18" line. I don't buy it. My neighbor is from Liverpool and has lived here (THE SOUTH) for a while now and still has a profound Scouser accent. Also, a lady who used to work for me was from Scotland and lived here for at least 20 years and still can't shake her accent. I also lived in England for a couple of years and never came across such an "accent". I think she's from the US and trying to cover up the fact that her tongue has been stung by a 1,000 bees with an "accent".

Old 06-20-2012, 07:38 PM

943 posts, read 1,853,982 times
she has a odd speech impediment. is she deaf. thats what it sounds like

Old 06-20-2012, 08:10 PM

2,760 posts, read 3,975,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by =Lavender= View Post
she has a odd speech impediment. is she deaf. thats what it sounds like
That was my first thought as well. But I found no information on a hearing impairment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV