Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-11-2011, 08:48 PM

2,945 posts, read 5,016,031 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBrakeforTailgaters View Post
Which is exactly why I couldn't believe she had the audacity to include herself as a true player in the game. I like her and all, but what did she do besides win a HOH at the very end of her season? Really!
She's just sitting nice and all American and country fried, hick voice while Jeff does the dirty work. And he's loving being the "man" with his ego. He's having his ego tripping season but Brendon is the scary ego guy. The type mom and your girlfriends warn you from taking up on that offer for coffee.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2011, 09:03 PM

3,943 posts, read 6,396,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DejaBlue View Post
She's just sitting nice and all American and country fried, hick voice while Jeff does the dirty work. And he's loving being the "man" with his ego. He's having his ego tripping season but Brendon is the scary ego guy. The type mom and your girlfriends warn you from taking up on that offer for coffee.
Yep, the only difference in her this time around is that she's not farting constantly like she did before. I guess she's grown up a little. I was surprised that she got as mad as she did when she thought her or Jeff might be nominated for eviction.

When Brendon won the spot to come back in, I knew he would win over Lawon. I agree with everyone of you who thinks this is rigged. Who in their right mind would want to see Brendon & Rachel slobbering all over each other? I don't know anyone who is pulling for those two, not one single person!

Old 08-11-2011, 09:05 PM

7,284 posts, read 12,971,288 times
I had no idea CBS would stoop so low. They certainly have no respect for their viewers.

Old 08-11-2011, 09:13 PM

2,303 posts, read 5,692,633 times
Quote:
Hey, don't call her a hick--we're from the same area! LOL...no offense taken. I'm surprised her voice isn't a little more Midwestern sounding though. She comes from an area in which there really aren't any natives. Most of the people down in that part of the metro are relocated Northerners. I don't sound like her though, lol

Old 08-11-2011, 09:25 PM

6,560 posts, read 14,517,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imcurious View Post
I had no idea CBS would stoop so low. They certainly have no respect for their viewers.
Of course they don't. This is not a surprise or new development. None of the networks have any respect for the viewers. They will stoop however low it takes to sell advertising.

CBS has never forgotten its disastrous first season of Rigged Brother, in which three easygoing, collegial guys finished the season with basically zero drama. The only remotely interesting part was that one of them was disabled.

(There was a lot of interest around here, because Jamie was a Coug (as any good Husky could tell when she pronounced 'saboteur' as 'sab-o-twah'), and afterward because she did local news for a time. I saw her at a local Chinese buffet once, but didn't engage her, except for the "I recognize you" look from me and her "That guy recognizes me" look in return.)

Anyway, I digressed. CBS learned from that season: never let the game take its natural course. Give yourself enough hotkeys that you can shape the outcome and cast. Remember that you have the NDA with all the participants, meaning you can do as you like to them in the DR and if they utter a word, they better do it in their final days of hospice care having handed over all their earthly goods. Always cheat. They never again made the mistake of running an honest show, and they love to bring back tractable past players who know how to play ball and are glad for another fifteen minutes of fame.

Old 08-11-2011, 09:31 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,560,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by j_k_k View Post
Of course they don't. This is not a surprise or new development. None of the networks have any respect for the viewers. They will stoop however low it takes to sell advertising.

CBS has never forgotten its disastrous first season of Rigged Brother, in which three easygoing, collegial guys finished the season with basically zero drama. The only remotely interesting part was that one of them was disabled.

(There was a lot of interest around here, because Jamie was a Coug (as any good Husky could tell when she pronounced 'saboteur' as 'sab-o-twah'), and afterward because she did local news for a time. I saw her at a local Chinese buffet once, but didn't engage her, except for the "I recognize you" look from me and her "That guy recognizes me" look in return.)

Anyway, I digressed. CBS learned from that season: never let the game take its natural course. Give yourself enough hotkeys that you can shape the outcome and cast. Remember that you have the NDA with all the participants, meaning you can do as you like to them in the DR and if they utter a word, they better do it in their final days of hospice care having handed over all their earthly goods. Always cheat. They never again made the mistake of running an honest show, and they love to bring back tractable past players who know how to play ball and are glad for another fifteen minutes of fame.

I believe this time they may have overplayed their hand. Unless they come up with another twist to make up for this one. But I doubt it, they've lost a lot of viewer with this farce.

Old 08-11-2011, 09:33 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,696,457 times
Quote:
How is this good for rating?

I hope some bloggers burn the midnight oil and write up some stuff about how it's looking kind of fishy and rigged and that publishes tomorrow because people need to SEE CBS's game here.

There have been dumb individuals in the BB house in the past but never before in the history of the game has the WHOLE house been dumb as a box of rocks. 41 days and it's back to day 1. Vets all still there and the newbies acting like they have no idea how this game works.

Everyone has been acting nuts. Crying, "everyone is lying! and talking behind people's backs!" do these people know how to play this game? That IS how you play the game. It's BB. Everyone lies and talks behind people's backs and these clowns actually have the gall to be offended like it's a personal offense. It's a game, yo.

Those are the unofficial rules. You lie and you talk behind people's backs to make alliances and play and manipulate. Hello! This is not rocket science. People like the vets should know better but they are the worst of the criers on people lying and talking behind backs. They did it in their seasons.

WTF people? And really WTF CBS? Now I see why I've always been drawn to ABC more..
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
Exactly....its almost as if there is a rule that the veterans can't be tounched. Kalia promising never to put Jordan up, Shelly falling all over herself for J and J, Jeff throwing a major bully session when Kalia put him up. Maybe thats why Dick was kicked out because he was a loose cannon and couldn't be trusted. If anyone has watched after dark with Brandon and Rachel, 2 out of the 3 hours are of Brandon and Rachel and their soap opera. This is the worst, commerically scripted season ever. They should just evict all of the Newbies and Daniel next week and leave all of the couples in the house. Dang
BEST two posts of this whole thread. Why do we put up with this soap opera. Lawson was probably a paid actor no one is that foolish.

Old 08-11-2011, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
BEST two posts of this whole thread. Why do we put up with this soap opera. Lawson was probably a paid actor no one is that foolish.

Somebody told him something in the DR room, I'm convinced.

Old 08-11-2011, 09:44 PM

6,560 posts, read 14,517,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
I still think he's a well-made-up, well-dieted Kenan Thompson. And that's a compliment. I can see him doing the SNL Scared Straight routine to the juvie delinquents in his workout belt: "Is that whachu want? Cause this here's real!"

Old 08-11-2011, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by j_k_k View Post
I still think he's a well-made-up, well-dieted Kenan Thompson. And that's a compliment. I can see him doing the SNL Scared Straight routine to the juvie delinquents in his workout belt: "Is that whachu want? Cause this here's real!"

I find it completely hard to believe that Shelly deduced that Luwon was lying so quickly. I'm just not buying it. Luwon didn't say more than two words when Shelly all of a sudden have an epiphany. On after Dark, Kalia and Dani always talk about Shelly and thefact that she runs her mouth with every thing they tell her and she can't be trusted, but then turn their face to the other side and tell her some more. Like WTF....When Kalia confirmed to Shellythat Luwon volunteered, I'm like Huh? Wasn't that suppose to be a secret?

Last edited by blackandproud; 08-11-2011 at 10:17 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV