Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2007, 11:05 PM

30,398 posts, read 52,006,572 times

Advertisements

I'm surprised nobody's started a "Big Brother" thread yet, so figured I'd do it myself! Who else here watches the show, and what are your thoughts so far?

Here's who I'm not digging... first of all, Jen HAS TO GO!! That woman is sooooo annoying, self-absorbed (could you believe she took down the picture of her mother, and also the crying over her official pic??), and oh gawd - those "jen shirts." Oy vey. But of course she had to win HOH... I swear, it always seems those competitions are rigged. I also don't like Jessica, just because she reminds me of girls I went to high school with; and finally, I'm not really thrilled with Kail, since she made a few comments that got under my skin.

Now for who I like... so far I'm rooting for Joe & Dustin, partly because I think the lover's quarrels could get juicy. I also happen to live with a gay man, so I'm kinda partial to them as roommates - LOL. Between the two, I think Dustin's the better person, but Joe would be more fun to keep around & see what trouble he gets into. Another I like is Nick, mostly because he's a hottie, but also because he'll really PLAY the game. And yes, I like Dick too... despite his annoying Tommy Lee wannabe look & attitude, he's freakin' hilarious. I love that Jen put him up against his daughter, and I'm hoping she gets the boot. Any other thoughts? Don't make me talk to myself, BB fans!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2007, 02:11 AM

16,489 posts, read 24,501,838 times
Actually I did start a Big Brother 8 thread.
I do not like Jen at all. I can hardly stand looking at her smug little face. I have never seen someone so in love with herself. Kali and Zach are way too sneaky and need to go as well.
I like Dustin and Nick the most. Nick and Danielle would make a cute couple. I like and respect the fact that Dick does not kiss butt and says it like it is.
I get the Showtoo and watch 3 hrs. of live feed a night on that each night. Looking forward to seeing what happens in the house!

Old 07-18-2007, 12:22 PM

6,266 posts, read 19,177,402 times
I'm continuing to watch this years train wreck,but only because there is nothing better on and that is sad. No watching the Live Feeds this year though because this is THE dullest group of people to date. Maybe the show has just run out of steam.

Old 07-18-2007, 03:12 PM

I agree Northern. This year I have had the least interest of any year thus far. I think it was a mistake to make practically the whole group 90210 wanna-be's. There is almost no diversity in race, except Jameka. They are all young, beautiful air-heads. It is boring compared to past years. I think their thought was 2 bring in all young people in the hopes of some steamy love interests. Then they threw in the 3 "enemies". Big deal, 2 cheerleaders where one owes the other $5.00! Then Dick and Danielle, that is very personal and you can tell they do not want to try to mend things on nationwide tv and I don't blame them. Then Joe and Dustin, I don't think they will get back together at all. I had bought the live-feed and cancelled it soon after it started. I have the ShowToo. I hope someone from the BB8 shows reads these threads because the viewers don't like what they see this year and I have read this on many places.

Old 07-18-2007, 03:24 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,463,835 times
Exactly - where's Howie when you need him? I guess this further confirms that people obsessed with themselves and their "look"s have little time left over to cultivate their personalities or intellectual curiousity. The current HoH doesn't even look as good as she thinks she does, and we all know the reason she put Danielle up this week had nothing to do with negativity and everything to do with her being younger, blonder, and hotter.

If Evil gets the boot this week then they may as well cancel the show - I doubt anyone will tune in with no wanna-be Tommy Lee to spice things up. Vanilla never tasted so bad!

Old 07-19-2007, 12:15 AM

I agree! Evil Dick is almost the only one that adds any spice to the house. Jen is soooo superficial. I was stunned when she cried and fell apart because she thinks her picture looks bad and also took the only picture in the house of her and her mom down because SHE thinks she looks bad. Sad...
Jen is so jealous of the time that Danielle spends with Nick and the fact that it is obvious Nick likes Danielle more than her. I can't wait to see Jen go.

Old 07-19-2007, 02:51 PM

77 posts, read 273,199 times
Jen definitely needs to go...wish she was the one leaving the house this week. Can't stand to watch her, she's just so stupid, dramatic, and not that pretty. I hope Danielle stays and starts a relationship with Nick, he is such a good match for her. although I also hope Evil stays too, because I'd like to see a reconciliation between him and his daughter. Every season in the beginning weeks is not that exciting, but I like to watch when the games really start after there are only about 6 people left and their true colors usually come out by then.

Old 07-19-2007, 07:09 PM

16,177 posts, read 32,532,372 times
I just wasn't able to get into it this year. We joined the Blockbuster online movie club about 7 months ago; we are watching a lot more movies these days.

Old 07-19-2007, 07:18 PM

6,266 posts, read 19,177,402 times
I joined the Blockbuster club as well. Just and finally received Astronaut Farmer today!!
I do watch BB on TV but am not into it at all. Dull,boring group. They need to find people-of ALL ages- who have not seen the show and put them in the house. And trust me there are ooooooooooodles of people I know who have never ever watched this show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokyMtnGal View Post
I just wasn't able to get into it this year. We joined the Blockbuster online movie club about 7 months ago; we are watching a lot more movies these days.

Old 07-19-2007, 11:32 PM

I LOVED tonights show! Joe has gone and Evil won! It doesn't get better than that. So hopefully he put Jen and Kail up for eviction.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV