Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2013, 09:57 AM

3,175 posts, read 3,669,228 times

Advertisements

QUOTE "Thanks you, you read my mind. The snide, know it all arrogance of Mr. Maddow is beyond the pale, just cannot stand him." UNQUOTE

This ^
Rachael Maddow, "the snide know it all arrogance" describes her to a tee. All of her degrees just can't seem to wipe that away. It comes through loud and clear, can't get her off my screen fast enough.
She is bad but but must say Jerry Springer is a tie.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2013, 06:49 PM

12,406 posts, read 19,043,065 times
Rachel Maddow is really interesting because she is willing to give factual backups for opinions and spends time on giving the background that lead to current issues.

Jerry Springer surprised me. His 'shows' are nonsense that produce income for him, but when you hear the man speak, he is reasoned and will approach a topic willing to change his opinions when new information is given.

I would say that both of these people are not just rubber stamps for the left, but honest truth seekers.

Old 07-26-2013, 06:58 PM

4,829 posts, read 8,762,010 times
American Idol or any other "Talent COMMMpetition" (say it w/brit accent)

RH of Miami or Atlanta

Obstacle Course shows

Jerry Springer or any of those other "who's my baby daddy" shows

Some gossip show called "Dish Nation"..... I watched it for about five minutes to see what it was about. DUMB. A group of people sitting in a dark studio with headphones on and big microphones in front of each one and they're speaking to one another. It's soooo freaking STUPID. Nothing more than a TMZ wannabe. I'm not crazy about TMZ but at least they're a bit funny and they're not sitting in a dark room with headphones on looking like a bunch of idiots.

Old 07-26-2013, 07:16 PM

Does anyone know who watches ALL those prison shows?

I used to watch 'Locked Up Abroad', but most of that was about kids who were hard up for a few bucks and made the bad decision that smuggling drugs was the way to fill the piggy bank.

There are so many real life prison shows, and probably a lot are repeated.
Are they to scare kids?
To help us check up on relatives?

Has anyone learned anything from watching them? It sort of seems that if you see one, you see them all.

Old 07-27-2013, 03:17 AM

684 posts, read 1,157,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
Ok, I will start it off, you get the idea.

I CANNOT STAND TO WATCH (FILL IN THE BLANK?????????).

For me, I cannot stand to watch RACHEL MADDOW. I mean, I try to watch a lot of different opinions.....but she come across as just too smarmy and know it all for me......end up turning the channel quite quickly when she is on.
She reasons with a rigorous logical and intellectual basis. Truth sometimes is painful.

Old 07-27-2013, 08:18 PM

2,569 posts, read 7,773,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
Does anyone know who watches ALL those prison shows?

I used to watch 'Locked Up Abroad', but most of that was about kids who were hard up for a few bucks and made the bad decision that smuggling drugs was the way to fill the piggy bank.

There are so many real life prison shows, and probably a lot are repeated.
Are they to scare kids?
To help us check up on relatives?

Has anyone learned anything from watching them? It sort of seems that if you see one, you see them all.
My brother has been in and out of prison since 1982 or so. Mostly in. So, I have a reliable source as far as knowing what prison is all about. The shows usually bother me, or make me worry about him, so I avoid.

I'm sure they satisfy curiosity for the general public though.

Now, as for show I cannot stand/won't watch:

"Housewives" shows.

Any show that is just making some no-talent celebrity richer just by virtue of being a celeb in the 1st place (Kardashians, the Paris Hilton stuff that was on before).

Talent/competition shows.

Reality TV, though I admit that in the PAST I had a slight addiction to America's Next Top Model.

I reserve my special burning hatred for ONE show though: Family Guy. IMO, absolute unfunny garbage. I have nothing against animated shows (love The Simpsons and South Park), but find Family Guy to be just mind-numbingly STUPID and I honestly lose a tiny bit of respect for people when I find out they like it.

Old 07-27-2013, 08:35 PM

8,452 posts, read 15,125,031 times
...any TV shows featuring female police, detectives, nurses, doctors, coroners, CIA spies, or in any other job where a woman is required to spend a lot of time standing, running, bending or fighting with bad guys...yet she is dressed in skyscraper high heels and a tight skirt. Really unrealistic!

And while I'm on it, I am sick to death seeing women who look like stick-thin fashion models with world-class beautiful faces being cast in such roles. Any woman that beautiful would rarely be found in those types of jobs; they would be actresses!

Old 07-27-2013, 08:36 PM

Yes. I have never watched even one of those housewives shows. First, the ads did not look like any housewives that I ever knew, and second, many of them just looked like hookers and gold diggers. Narcissistic and ego driven wanna be celebrities. They just turn me off.

Old 07-27-2013, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightlysparrow View Post
...any TV shows featuring female police, detectives, nurses, doctors, coroners, CIA spies, or in any other job where a woman is required to spend a lot of time standing, running, bending or fighting with bad guys...yet she is dressed in skyscraper high heels and a tight skirt. Really unrealistic!

And while I'm on it, I am sick to death seeing women who look like stick-thin fashion models with world-class beautiful faces being cast in such roles. Any woman that beautiful would rarely be found in those types of jobs; they would be actresses!
Oh, yes. It's so much fun to see a woman dressed in heels then walking or running on earth, or maybe at a funeral. Only a male would do such a thing. Every woman in the audience cringes at the thought of it, I'm sure.

Yes. Men in such roles can look craggy but the women all look like fashion plates, with or without much makeup. Now, I knew a woman who drove a truck for a living. Women in such positions tend to look a little butch. I don't watch such things because they are so unrealistic. I think the last of that sort I tried was Scandal because the premise was so interesting. When I saw this thin cute maybe 20 something heading such an operation I just laughed and turned it off.

I think they have to be less concerned with 'pretty' or 'cute' for these females. That's often just the opposite of 'tough' and 'knowledgeable', isn't it? I'm not buying it.

Old 07-27-2013, 08:44 PM

4,858 posts, read 7,651,177 times
Any reality show that involves teen moms who think making a baby is an accomplishment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV